Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

If they make more Amiibos for characters that don't have one yet...Waluigi, Daisy, Boo...

Also, imagine sports outfit Rosalina Amiibo (probably sell out faster than the Smash Rosalina ones).

Man, I really hope they do. I wouldn't mind a Daisy or a Waluigi Amiibo.

As for the full roster, I'm not surprised. To be honest, it's not bad at all, just wish they had 4 more characters, but there may be DLC.

Kyon said:
Oh so the hand-holding markers on the ground are back.

They even have a pop-up to tell you the buttons to press.

Bummer. My interest just dropped. Mega Mushrooms was already pushing it.
the game has a mode without them apparently, which has certainly put it on my radar

also this is probably the safest roster i've seen from nintendo
sprixie princess as a character? i'm not even mad (was still super excited to main purple ? block tho [nobbc]:([/nobbc]). no birdo is the only disappointment but oh well

nintendo is still never going to top mario power tennis in terms of courts, roster and minigames but i might get this if it ever drops in price

edit also
Can't they just get a new announcer? -_-
this so much

not surprised on the "near" final roster. they would have fit five more slots plus another slot for mii.

now hoping for dlc like in mg:wt and mk8. likely birdo, diddy, nabbit, koopa troopa and shy guy.

Lapis Lazuli said:
If they make more Amiibos for characters that don't have one yet...Waluigi, Daisy, Boo...

Also, imagine sports outfit Rosalina Amiibo (probably sell out faster than the Smash Rosalina ones).

Man, I really hope they do. I wouldn't mind a Daisy or a Waluigi Amiibo.

As for the full roster, I'm not surprised. To be honest, it's not bad at all, just wish they had 4 more characters, but there may be DLC.

Plus Toadette, Dry Bowser and Sprixie Princess amiibo.

i need a waluigi amiibo to complete my shrine for the glorious waa

GBAToad said:
Kyon said:
Oh so the hand-holding markers on the ground are back.

They even have a pop-up to tell you the buttons to press.

Bummer. My interest just dropped. Mega Mushrooms was already pushing it.
the game has a mode without them apparently, which has certainly put it on my radar
Is that so.

I'm in.

I don't think Power is best suited for Rosalina, would rather have her as a defense character.

Rosalina is also heavyweight (or sth similar) in mk8, so it's not all that farfetched

appearently she seems to be big or sth., idk

A floaty magical character doesn't really bring POWER to mind.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't think Power is best suited for Rosalina, would rather have her as a defense character.

Personally, I think that Tricky works better for Rosalina, since her ability to levitate the tennis ball could've enabled her to make powerful curves with her shots.

Emmett Brown said:
Rosalina is also heavyweight (or sth similar) in mk8, so it's not all that farfetched

appearently she seems to be big or sth., idk

Waluigi is treated as a heavyweight in Mario Kart 8 too, but he's always been a Defense character after Mario Power Tennis. Also, pretty much all of Waluigi's spin-off appearances have him NOT excelling in the power department.

Mcmadness said:
A floaty magical character doesn't really bring POWER to mind.

Then again, she might have the power of a hypernova behind her serves...so it could make sense I guess?

About as much sense as anything else in Mario.

Also, pretty much all of Waluigi's spin-off appearances have him NOT excelling in the power department.
That's because he's a string bean armed (and legged, and torso'd...) man.

Magikrazy said:
That's because he's a string bean armed (and legged, and torso'd...) man.

Much like with Rosalina though, Waluigi is on the thin side for his size, but I guess Rosalina's body build is less lanky when compared to Waluigi's body.

GBAToad said:
Can't they just get a new announcer? -_-
this so much
Make it that dude from Mario Tennis 64 and I'd be stoked.

Baby Luigi said:
I agree with my sister. She seems perfect for defense, especially since she can use magic.

Cirdec said:
Magikrazy said:
Just wondering, but who would you guys expect for a Power female character?

Honey Queen or Pink Gold Peach.

Exactly this.

Also, I wanted Toad to be a Technique character, not a Speed character :(

Back