Your ideas of what should be implemented in a Mario game/Your Mario game ideas.

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Personally, I think Nintendo should return to their Super Mario Land IP. It was an ingenious little series and there are so many ideas there that they haven't been using. Call me Herman Smirch, but I would love to fight characters like Tatanga, Dragon Zamasu, Nyololins, and Hyoihoi again.

I think that was a missed opportunity for 3D Land.

RandomYoshi said:
Mario Party Δ said:
One idea: how about we rework the swimming controls and make the water levels actually fun?
If we're talking 3D here, I always thought that Super Mario 64 did this perfectly. Instead of just having to mash the button, you need to press it rhythmically to optimise your speed. This made you actually notice what you were doing all times, and you had to constantly make sure your rhythm wasn't off so you could retain your high speed. But if we're talking 2D here, then I don't get why they need to be reworked. Before I start assuming things that may or may not be true, what exactly do you not like about them?
Perfectly? The underwater in Super Mario 64 was a button mash fest. The swimming controls are okay, but it doesn't feel good in the same way flying feels so nice. Make the swimming less clunky. The 2D swimming definitely needs to be reworked. The ideal is Rayman Origins/Legends, but Kirby is also better. Once you play games that are much better in the swimming department, you really wish Mario had better swimming controls. For starters, just cut it with the auto-sinking and mashing A to rise bs. I believe it's the reason people loathe underwater levels, along with how you can't even attack without a power-up and even then, the way you shoot fireballs is so limited.

Pwwnd123 said:
I got an idea of a title of a game that tells the entire story of the Mushroom Kingdom from it's creation. It can be called Super Mario Origins. Hey maybe I could suggest that to Miyamoto for an idea of a Mario game when I get older. It will have chapters based on history of the Mushroom Kingdom and it will be similar to Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.
Don't we already have the story of Mushroom Kingdom from it is creation? Yoshi's Island? Or at least it is background?

Glitchy said:
The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Personally, I think Nintendo should return to their Super Mario Land IP. It was an ingenious little series and there are so many ideas there that they haven't been using. Call me Herman Smirch, but I would love to fight characters like Tatanga, Dragon Zamasu, Nyololins, and Hyoihoi again.

I think that was a missed opportunity for 3D Land.
Yeah, I agree.

If only for remixes of those great tunes.

There's already a lot of fan covers of Chai Kingdom in Youtube. I wouldn't mind hearing official cover versions, though.

Mario Party Δ said:
One idea: how about we rework the swimming controls and make the water levels actually fun?

I'm thinking along the lines of Majora's Mask's swimming controls, especially if worked into 2D. Just hold down the button to move forward and use d-pad/stick to change direction

Pwwnd123 said:
I got an idea of a title of a game that tells the entire story of the Mushroom Kingdom from it's creation. It can be called Super Mario Origins. Hey maybe I could suggest that to Miyamoto for an idea of a Mario game when I get older. It will have chapters based on history of the Mushroom Kingdom and it will be similar to Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.
Two ideas come to my mind.

1. A game before Mario, starring Bowser's father and Peach's parents. Perhaps see how the feud between the Mushrooms and Koopas started.

2. A game taking place when Mario and Luigi were growing up in Brooklyn. They show how and why the Koopas seized control of the Mushroom Kingdom and kidnapped the princess.

Magikrazy said:
Pwwnd123 said:
Two ideas come to my mind.

1. A game before Mario, starring Bowser's father and Peach's parents. Perhaps see how the feud between the Mushrooms and Koopas started.

2. A game taking place when Mario and Luigi were growing up in Brooklyn. They show how and why the Koopas seized control of the Mushroom Kingdom and kidnapped the princess.

It's purpose can be the same as what Castlevania: Lament of Innocence is to it's franchise.

For a future 3D Mario game, have it like 64/Sunshine where you get to explore different, non-linear areas rather than linear platform hopping?

TheFarmboy said:
For a future 3D Mario game, have it like 64/Sunshine where you get to explore different, non-linear areas rather than linear platform hopping?

I agree as well. It can be a Metroidvania game.

after watching some XGRA gameplay, I'm wondering if i'm the only one who wants stupid newcasts before each grand prix races in mario kart

They sorta do this in the Mario Kart Arcade games but it would be cool to hear things like that, especially if it was like, "Toad got injured while in a race, best luck to him!"

Mario Kart needs a campaign mode where you can earn sponsors and make it more NASCAR-esque.

That would be pretty interesting.

A Diddy Kong Racing-esque Mario Kart game.

A new hot rodding villain and his minions show up and cause trouble. Mario and his pals challenge him to a race with help from Bowser since he believes that he's the only person entitled to do this sort of thing.

If the Mario cast (or Bowser) wins, the villain must leave and never bother anyone else ever again. If the villain wins, the Mushroom Kingdom becomes his own personal race track and everyone must become his servants (and for good measure, he bribes Wario and Waluigi to side with him).

Doraemon said:
A Diddy Kong Racing-esque Mario Kart game.

A new hot rodding villain and his minions show up and cause trouble. Mario and his pals challenge him to a race with help from Bowser since he believes that he's the only person entitled to do this sort of thing.

If the Mario cast (or Bowser) wins, the villain must leave and never bother anyone else ever again. If the villain wins, the Mushroom Kingdom becomes his own personal race track and everyone must become his servants (and for good measure, he bribes Wario and Waluigi to side with him).
This sounds a lot like Crash Nitro Kart.

Good game.

I got a yet another nice idea. Have Michiru Yamane be the Music Director for a Mario game. She could whip up a nice soundtrack for any Mario game. Ayami Kojima can also do the Art Direction of some of the Mario games. That'd be great.

Speaking of soundtrack, I wish Mario games had better audio options, like in Super Smash Bros.

Mario Party Δ said:
Speaking of soundtrack, I wish Mario games had better audio options, like in Super Smash Bros.

You won't be disappointed with Michiru Yamane's musical work. It's pretty awesome to listen to. Here is a sample of some of her works. It might be acceptable in terms of music direction.

How about "Super Pixel Mario Bros" like this:
c91e90d24f99881c5a537036a5c07fe1.jpg

or perhaps this:
13ecdce3fe2efd2bc69841c172cdaa20.jpg

I've always wanted a 3D version of the original (Supermassive Galaxy on SMG2 comes closest), and perhaps the "pixel" premise (sparked off by the movie "Pixels") would be a great occasion for it. Perhaps even Lego Mario, since that's another fad.

Ugh, I dislike the 8-bit Mario style a lot.

I also forgot, I hope they eventually do a "Super Mario 3D Maker". I guess the level builder templates would be 64, Sunshine, Galaxy and 3DL/W, although those aren't as different from each other as SMB, SMB3, SMW and SMU. (It was just a matter of the graphics getting better). So perhaps, a choice between the "Galaxy" format and a flat ground format, and with features from the different games?

The transition from 2D to 3D would be incredibly difficult to handle.

It wouldn't be impossible, but it's a crapton more strenuous than a 2D Maker, which that said 2D Maker lacks a lot of features in the first place, or has too many restrictions. I wouldn't put my faith into Nintendo for level editors honestly.

How about we have Super Mario 3D All-Stars? That will have remakes of the previous 3D Mario platformers (Super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1&2, and 3D Land). It will be super awesome.

I just want something new. I'm tired of entire games pandering to nostalgia.

Back