Which Mario game has the most disappointing character roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magikrazy said:
Isn't this game in the same vein as Fire Emblem? How many *bleep*ing characters does that series have?

Nope, it's more comparable to XCOM which doesn't have anywhere near that many.

I mean sure the ones in XCOM are all randoms that you name yourself but still.

Time Turner said:
I mean, Mario Party 1 had six playable characters, Super Mario Kart had eight, and Mario Tennis had twenty...
So the four character roster isn't particularly horrible compared to these.

But there's also gameplay and character interaction, which I think would set this game more than those three.

As I have mentioned for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, it's a disappointing roster on the surface. Back then, a rumour was brought up that there will be 8 playable characters, and when we thought would involve the usual cast, it's revealed that four of them are Rabbid versions of the four Mario characters. I do not know about any of you, but that rumour surfaced with that little information, I was kinda disappointed because that was all we know about it. However, when more were revealed about that game in another leak, it didn't seem like a terrible thing because from the picture we found out that the Rabbid versions of the Mario cast are not just Rabbid clones of the main cast. For example, Rabbid Luigi is not merely a Rabbid with Luigi overalls and clothes, but have a long shirt and a cap that is worn sideways. Rabbid Peach is kinda narcissistic with its tendency to take selfies of itself, which is not something Peach would do normally.

With that said, I do hope that they are holding back some Mario characters and Rabbid versions of them. Or if not, I would not mind DLC where the other Mario characters are featured. At the very least, Wario and Waluigi must be featured in some form.

Time Turner said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
I also wouldn't tread with a lot of characters in a completely new Mario game. Four is conservative, but if the thing takes off, then I think it's more reasonable to expect more characters.
I mean, Mario Party 1 had six playable characters, Super Mario Kart had eight, and Mario Tennis had twenty...

Well, Mario Tennis' first game, Mario's Tennis, have 7 characters that are all playable in at least one future game.

Thank you for reading.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I also wouldn't tread with a lot of characters in a completely new Mario game. Four is conservative, but if the thing takes off, then I think it's more reasonable to expect more characters.

COUGH mario and sonic COUGH

Mario & Sonic was gonna sell from the getgo. It's fucking Mario and Sonic.

Even that shitty series added some characters at the second game, but virtually no one else after that.

Thing is, each spin-off is at a different state when it comes to number of characters. Mario Kart is at 30-40, Mario Tennis is at 16-20, and Mario Party is at 10-12. Plus, each of them has a different set of "main stays". As long as the main ten (MK64 cast + Jr and Rosalina) are in, I'm satisfied. If it has a large roster, give me Waluigi, Daisy, Koopa, Shy Guy, Toadette, Diddy, and a Boo (Preferably King Boo). Then I will be 100% satisfied, and they can add what ever baby or Metal character they want.

GmanSir said:
Plus, each of them has a different set of "main stays". As long as the main ten (MK64 cast + Jr and Rosalina) are in

I'm glad that you don't work at Nintendo then.

You clearly haven't read the OP so this joke kinda falls flat on its ass.

Baby Luigi said:
You clearly haven't read the OP so this joke kinda falls flat on its ass.

>thread has 5 pages

>i set it so the newest post is the first one i see

>>>>implying i would read the op

I've also used the adjective "disappointing" rather than "worst", meaning that you had expectations of what characters make up a character roster in the first place.

Please use your common sense.

Super Mario 64 doesn't even have a playable character roster.

Super Mario 64 DS isn't disappointing, because Wario is there and he's in a Mario game for once and you can beat him up.

Let's be honest here, SM64 and Galaxy 1 have the worst rosters. You can literally only play as Mario? Practically unplayable.

Sunshine and Galaxy 2 are runner-ups, since you can at least (sort of) play as Yoshi.

Javelin said:
Let's be honest here, SM64 and Galaxy 1 have the worst rosters. You can literally only play as Mario? Practically unplayable.
Super Mario Bros. is the worst. You can only play as two characters, and both of them play the exact same? Why even bother with this game?

Donkey Kong 3 had the worst roster, you can't even play Mario or Donkey Kong. Just frickin' Stanley. Who the hell cares about Stanley?

This topic isn't even about "worst" rosters, none of these games even have a character roster.

Continue with the *bleep*posting, with no actual discussion going out of this, and I'll just request for this thread to be locked.

In fact, fuck it, I'll request this thread to be locked right now.

Baby Luigi said:
This topic isn't even about "worst" rosters, none of these games even have a character roster.

Continue with the *bleep*posting, with no actual discussion going out of this, and I'll just request for this thread to be locked.

In fact, fuck it, I'll request this thread to be locked right now.
I'm terribly sorry for not using the definition of "roster" that you seem to be using, which doesn't seem to be listed in any of the online dictionaries that I quickly browsed through. I beg your pardon for being a part of a joke that lasted for all of four posts in a thread that's already at five pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back