Which Mario game has the most disappointing character roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, the original Super Mario Strikers. Seriously, there aren't that many characters to pick from. I did feel disappointed. Strikers Charged improved over that department. But other than that, I enjoyed it. It's atleast a lot more enjoyable than Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer shit on PS2, Windows, PS1, Wii, GameCube and PS3 and the usual FIFA (and FIFA Street) crap from EA. Seriously Strikers and Strikers Charged have a lot more thought into their development than PES, FIFA and FIFA Street. Sorry for getting sidetracked.

Super Mario strikers had Bowser as an item.

The fuck is that nonsense?

Mario Kart 7. Wiggler, Lakitu and Shy Guy
were okay but...
mario_kart_7__waluigi_by_t_3000-d4i2q71.jpg

As for Mario Kart 8, I'm okay with it but the Babies...Baby Rosalina
is over the top (I like Baby Mario, Luigi, Peach and Daisy...But not Baby
Rosalina).

Mcmadness said:
Super Mario strikers had Bowser as an item.

The *bleep* is that nonsense?
He's not an item, he's a stage hazard that randomly attacks on the course. He can knock your guys around, breathe fire, and throw items at people. I wouldn't have noticed since Bowser might as well not exist in the Mario sports games, so it took me a while to say, "hey, isn't that strange Bowser isn't playable?".

The only thing the first Strikers had is that the electrocution yelling overall sounded better.

Either way it still sucked.

As long as the rest of the cast make freaking hilarious noises when they get electrocuted, I'm game. I mean, EVERY captain sounds so funny.

I thought Bowser wrecking the stadium was pretty hilarious, especially with dat frame-rate drop. I always like it when frame-rate drops because too much ---- is happening, I dunno why, it's just extremely amusing

It's entertaining sure but, him being playable is just so much better

Yeah, so he can get electrocuted like the rest of the cast.

I was too young to get hyped for Mario Strikers (a.k.a. high roster expectations), so saying that the roster is "disappointing" is not how I'd put it. As long as Mario is there, we're good.

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi should totally be playable for Mario Strikers

Same thing with Rosalina. If that Peach clone can be in Party, she can be in Strikers too.

please don't call her a peach clone...

Baby Luigi said:
please don't call her a peach clone...
I don't hate her, but I resent how she's treated like a Peach clone.

Goombas

The lack of their playability in almost anything is the ultimate disappointment

Why aren't they playable in Strikers?

Do they even appear in the game at all? Or just the audience?

Only in the audience in this game.

Mario_Strikers_Charged_Mega_Strike.jpg

I don't think Goombas are even in the audience in the first Strikers, not even in the opening cutscene.

It's a sport based entirely around using your head and feet.....

And something like Boo has, uh, neither, I guess.

It's enough to make me flip my keyboard

That's classic Nintendo logic™. Or, specifically, Next Level Games. You know, the same guys who thought Bowser being an NPC in a sport game and imprisoning Mario in a portrait in a haunted mansion again were good ideas.

Mario Party Σ said:
imprisoning Mario in a portrait in a haunted mansion again

it is a good idea

The shoe is on the other foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back