post any random Mario thought on your mind

Some games have funny unlockables because certain characters are what you expect to be a main character so they should be available from the start, but they are actually unlockable. Take Peach for example: in Fortune Street (Wii), Peach is the only unlockable Mario character (the others are Dragon Quest characters), and I find that hilarious because she is like the main female character and this is what they choose to make unlockable. Even Daisy and Birdo are available from the start!

Toadsworth is another unlockable but at least there is little expectation for him to be playable or be an opponent. In that Mahjong game for the DS, he is unexpected the last opponent to unlock, after Wario, Waluigi, Petey, and Bowser.

Thank you for reading.

The Mario Party Superstars remix of Keepin' on the Path doesn't sound as good to me but I do love the game showy vibe it has. I feel conflicted because on one hand, it's not as good as the original (as are most of the new versions of the music), but I really like the energy it has behind it.

I can probably count the # of minigame remixes that I like from Superstars on one hand, let's see:

Slowly Yet Surely (MP4)
Dueling for Prizes (MP6)
Think About It (MP9)
Heart-Pounding Thrills (MP9)
Quick Avoidance (MP10)
Swing! (MP10)
No Copying (MP10)

Or maybe not. But I will still say that The Top 100 had better remixes. I know that there are more than 7 remixes that I like from that game, and it also had more Wii/Wii U representation...

I'm definitely not a fan of most of the remixes in Superstars but I'll always question how my ex thinks the remix of Let's Have Some Fun is "not bad." It sounds like something fell apart in rendering.

E: My brain just thought "It sounds like something out of Sonic Chronicles" and somehow that's the most accurate way to think of that I can describe it.

the original, unedited version of that Victim #1 pic from the MARIO creepypasta has been found. it's a photo of a person cosplaying the singer of a japanese metal band.

i have vivid memories of scrolling through that creepypasta when i was 10 or 11 and a fraction of a second later jumping and almost throwing my phone across the room. i remember the image was in a chapter of the story called "Aftermath", it being the first time i encountered this word anywhere, and to this day the mere sight of this word nets me a sinking feeling. 💀

Last edited:
so happy that more and more information about the creepypasta had been found. turns out MARIO is not just a single game, but an entire arg spanning multiple games to varying degrees of completion. the person who made the arg was like 13 and never finished it but a story can be pieced together from what was released.

Shitty Did You Know Gaming:

Whomps appear as obstacles on the course Berlin Byways in Mario Kart Tour and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. This is a subtle nod to Bernd das Brot, the mascot of popular German kids' TV channel, KiKA.

MK8DBerlinByways1.jpg
bernd-das-brot-findet.jpg
Will he try to crush you if you stand in front of him?

Thank you for reading.

A while back I realized that Super Mario World's story is presented like an old action show. The "cutscenes" after beating a castle, the end credits, text on the Japanese box. To me it seems very intentional and makes me appreciate the game's presentation a little more. SMB3's.visuals were inspired by theater and I feel it's a good natural evolution of that.

That Pyoro leaker recently teased a Donkey Kong-related announcement. I grew excited...

...only for them to specify it has Mini Marios in it. Jesus Christ, was Mario vs. DK ever really that popular? I liked the games, even the Lemmings-like ones, but I'd never put them before a DK platformer.

That Pyoro leaker recently teased a Donkey Kong-related announcement. I grew excited...

...only for them to specify it has Mini Marios in it. Jesus Christ, was Mario vs. DK ever really that popular? I liked the games, even the Lemmings-like ones, but I'd never put them before a DK platformer.

Please don't use the name of Jesus in that way. It just insults and humiliates my religion. Thanks for understanding, and yeah I would rather have a DKC-style game.

Hey hey it might be a new Mario vs. Donkey Kong game where Mini Marios go on a guns blazing rampage to destroy DK and Mario communicates to them in text chat, but has to talk in 1337 for them to understand his commands. ;p

Hey hey it might be a new Mario vs. Donkey Kong game where Mini Marios go on a guns blazing rampage to destroy DK and Mario communicates to them in text chat, but has to talk in 1337 for them to understand his commands. ;p

exciting as though that would be, it still sounds like more of a mario game than a dk one :(

unless it involves warfare between the mushroom kingdom and dk isle. a game where you pick a side and have to conquer the other on land or in air battles.

bowser and k rool would be forced to side with their archenemies once again.

yeah don't you think it's one sided that something called Mario vs DK doesn't let you pick a side? you're always on Mario's side in that game!

Every time a rumoured Donkey Kong game is brought up, I basically think: what if it's another Mario platformer like the first Donkey Kong arcade? This is not an ironic want, because I do really like another Mario platformer in that style. The reason is that we didn't have these for a long time, and I am itching for one because those are fun. Naturally it's not a popular idea because a Donkey Kong Country platformer is more preferred by fans.

Even the Mini Marios are cute, and I would like to see them return. Maybe it could be a new style of game where Mario has to work with the Mini toys instead of letting them do all the work.

And those games have a great base music theme! It's surprising that a common theme is not a common thing in Mario spinoffs. Not even Yoshi's Island, Mario Party, or the Mario sports games have it. But maybe that's preferable over Dr. Mario, who stuck to familiar themes within the series too much. Mario Kart has a better balance of familiar and new themes, which I think Mario vs Donkey Kong also has (balance of familiar + new).

Thank you for reading.

Should the live-action segments in the Super Mario Brothers Super Show be treated as a prequel to the animated segments or set as a sequel to the animated segments where Mario and Luigi returned home to Brooklyn and resumed their plumber duties?

Best thing about that Direct for me was Peachette in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and having a better look at the new Peach game.

Seriously did not expect them to add Peachette because of how unpopular she is and the negative reception that the Super Crown concept got. I, for one, am grateful for her inclusion in Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:
Best thing about that Direct for me was Peachette in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and having a better look at the new Peach game.

Seriously did not expect them to add Peachette because of how unpopular she is and the negatice reception that the Super Crown concept got. I, for one, am grateful though.

I guess there's nothing inherently wrong with Peachette but at the same time Nintendo hasn't actually identified her as separate from Toadette or Peach and they've done literally nothing exciting with her and don't show an interest in doing so. That doesn't mean I don't want them to do some more cool stuff with her tho.

Last edited:
Back