post any random Mario thought on your mind

There's something I just wondered recently: why is Wario Land II numbered with the roman numeral instead of the normal Arabic numeral? This is something that I think if you think about it, it appears strange in its inconsistency. Wario Land 3 and 4 didn't even retain that.

And it's not like Wario Land II is the only game that does it. Donkey Kong Land III (just one of the Mario-related games with roman numerals) is somehow numbered with a roman numeral even though Donkey Kong Land 2 isn't. Now that's a game where the roman numeral is even more strange, because they suddenly do this on the third game.

I have to wonder what's the rationale behind numbering games with roman numerals and being inconsistent about it.

Thank you for reading.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it in this thread before, but I probably can't be the only one who headcanons Mario and Bowser becoming friends after the events of Mario Odyssey.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it in this thread before, but I probably can't be the only one who headcanons Mario and Bowser becoming friends after the events of Mario Odyssey.

Personally always found the two to have a friendly rivalry, just that Bowser takes it too far in some of his plans like in Odyssey. I'm not saying all the Peach kidnappings are orchestrated of course, but some of Bowser's more mundane plans like in the New Soup games seem a bit too babyish for Mario not to notice what he was up to. They just seem like two dudes who beat each other up as a form of affection haha! (Poor Peach being stuck in the middle of it all....)

Personally always found the two to have a friendly rivalry, just that Bowser takes it too far in some of his plans like in Odyssey. I'm not saying all the Peach kidnappings are orchestrated of course, but some of Bowser's more mundane plans like in the New Soup games seem a bit too babyish for Mario not to notice what he was up to. They just seem like two dudes who beat each other up as a form of affection haha! (Poor Peach being stuck in the middle of it all....)
That's a pretty fun assessment of Mario and Bowser's relationship. I like it.

I think Mario Kart DS handled vehicles the best out of any Mario Kart game.
The issue I have with other games that have multiple kart choices is:
-Which character you choose affects the stats (7 & 8)
-Karts are tied to specific weight classes (Double Dash!! & Wii)

In DS, not only does each character have a special kart themed around them and a second unlockable kart, but these karts are only temporarily exclusive to each character and by the game any character can use any vehicle. Plus the starts are tied to vehicles rather then character, so if you're feeling low acceleration and handling but want to play Toad, there is absolutely nothing stopping you. I guess Double Dash!! isn't bad at that specific request as any character can use the vehicle in a higher weight class but not below, but the other way round is impossible without much of a reason.

I don't know I'm just sad I can't play Dry Bones and have stats that I like in MK8. (Dry Bones takes priority because I can only tell the difference between the most extreme values for stats).

Mario Kart generally needs better customization for vehicles, period. The game series is vastly long overdue for more extensive vehicular modification and the body parts are bare minimum, even for 7's time. Even Crash has the ability to do engine swaps and pick whatever stat combo you like. Weight classes are generally outdated before the advent of just tuning and picking your vehicles, they existed before we got a bigger variety of karts and were the only way to differentiate driving styles.

The problem with Nitro-Fueled's part diversity is the fact that it's merely aesthetic. Also, the stat spreads are limited to only five different driving styles, with only two of them actually being viable; Balanced, Acceleration, and Turn are practically garbage when compared to Speed and Drift.

Compare that to Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, where the stat spreads are more diverse with the vehicle parts each having their own pros and cons.

They should just adopt a realistic racing sim-like controls and have builds that ignore acceleration and handling entirely crash into walls. This is what high risk high reward for high speed low handling should look like, not be the safest option in the game.

They should just adopt a realistic racing sim-like controls and have builds that ignore acceleration and handling entirely crash into walls. This is what high risk high reward for high speed low handling should look like, not be the safest option in the game.

being able to crash your kart in Mario Kart should be an option in the next game, bonus points if you have to pay eshop money to repair a kart you've crashed

When I first saw King Bob-omb in Mario 64 when I was young, I never thought he was a villain. He looked like a friendly wise old man and I thought Mario must have done something really bad to piss him off since the text was hard to read.

To this day, he still looks like a nice wise old man except even more regal with his new design. Hard to see him as a villain with his design.

Back