post any random Mario thought on your mind

There's probably been more people who've played World 1-1 of SMB while already being aware of what to do in a Super Mario game than people who've played it for the first time as their first Mario game.

It's just interesting when you think about how World 1-1 was designed to help new players learn the basics of the game and its controls.

Well idk, Valley Fortress is my favorite level in Super Mario World because it has loads of Skewer goodness.

That course could arguably be among the hardest courses in Super Mario World if you're lacking a Cape Feather, especially at the final segment before the Reznor battle.

That course could arguably be among the hardest courses in Super Mario World if you're lacking a Cape Feather, especially at the final segment before the Reznor battle.

I think the course spawns a Cape Feather, thankfully.

what if the next 3D Mario's main gimmick was another Gadd Science, Incorporated device

I just realized that in Super Princess Peach you play with her feelings
More like Peach plays with her emotions. She's always in complete control, rather than the stereotype of it being the other way around. And she was the only one in the game who could.

Super Princess Peach was one of the best selling DS games there's no way it could be
tumblr_pesmb4ZryV1rrftcdo1_540.png

Oh no Bowser cry's in this game oh no.

The person who made this meme evidently didn't play Odyssey because Cappy can't capture the fantasy T-Rexes forever; he'll have to let go at some point.

You know, one thing I'd love to see but that probably won't happen is a Wario comic series in the style of the modern Sonic and Mega Man comics, especially if it was written by Ian Flynn or anyoen else similarly "clued-in" to the source material. There's enough storylines and characters for good storytelling potential and Wario doesn't seem to have the strict oversight that have traditionally sunk attempts to adapt Mario.

You know, one thing I'd love to see but that probably won't happen is a Wario comic series in the style of the modern Sonic and Mega Man comics, especially if it was written by Ian Flynn or anyoen else similarly "clued-in" to the source material. There's enough storylines and characters for good storytelling potential and Wario doesn't seem to have the strict oversight that have traditionally sunk attempts to adapt Mario.
But who's actually going to do a Wario adaptation? Mario still somehow managed to pull through a few western adaptations (a lot of old content to be fair) including Super Mario Adventures, those Nintendo Comic System things, these weird books, and so on. Only Wario ones that's kinda ever been done are manga, including hut not limited to Ore Wario Dayo?

I remember probably nearly dying of anticipation for Brawl's release since it was announced. The time spawn between announcement (E3 2005 iirc) and release (June 2008, months earlier in Japan; gee remember that staggered release date bullshit, anyone???) was like a measly three years. Why is that measly? Because imagine Nintendo giving us a new Mario Kart and then they say "oh you better love it because you won't get another new one for 7+ years".

To put that in perspective, if I were in first grade if Mario Kart 8 was released, 7 years elapse and I'd be in middle school and still no new Mario Kart.

tour is a mobile virus masqueraded as a game. it does not count in any realm of reality.

Something about Mario's depiction in Super Mario Odyssey always seemed a bit off, I can't pinpoint. I think it has to do partially with how his mouth is animated and designed as well as maybe his eyes? But it's his overall behavior that's sometimes a bit off. In Odyssey, I always get this "mischievous hyperactive child" vibe I don't get from the other games. Perhaps it's just how New Donk City is so firmly cemented in our memory of this game, especially how Mario is dwarfed by the humans. It doesn't help that compared to all the other humans just strolling around, Mario jumps like a freaking monkey, runs like a child who just entered a whack playground, and causes trouble by breaking stuff, bopping cars, hopping on people's heads, driving on motorbikes to just jump on cars, etc. Even how he sits, it's like way too abrupt like he's a puppy.

It also doesn't help that in the end of the game, Mario acts a bit bratty by demanding Peach marries him AFTER ALL THAT FIERY MESS they all went through. Mario's also kinda bratty in the beginning of the game too, with one of his first reactions to Cappy's offering help as a "COME ON!! [WTF Cappy I don't like how you look on me; this is not my style; change into something I LIKE" (how does he even know Cappy can change into other hats; it's not even established he knows that Cappy can transform!! What if Cappy CAN'T change like that, has just one hat form??)]. Seriously how selfish and ungrateful are you to demand this sort of petty thing to someone who lost his sister, had his kingdom ransacked, and first thing he did is offering help when he saw you while asking for your help. I always found that reaction out of character for Mario and it did left a bit of a sourness. I know he likes his hat, but it doesn't seem like him to be demanding like that.

I don't think I ever got that kind of vibe from Mario in most other games. I know Mario's like a children's character and a gush of unending positivity and cheerfulness, but Odyssey just seems to tread a bit too much on that end.

Last edited:
I'm actually getting decent at the Famicom version of Lost Levels, sure I go to the wiki for the castle mazes but I feel no guilt
I'm the same at the mazes in various Mario games.

There's probably been more people who've played World 1-1 of SMB while already being aware of what to do in a Super Mario game than people who've played it for the first time as their first Mario game.

It's just interesting when you think about how World 1-1 was designed to help new players learn the basics of the game and its controls.
It's always fun to me to have someone who's only ever played other genre of gaming, or avoided gaming their whole life play W1-1, and watch them run into the goomba, fall down pits, and other antics.

I'm pretty sure the real answer is gameplay reasons.

Back