post any random Mario thought on your mind

no i distinctly remember there were entries from other warioware characters

I hate these "Thing I like is cool buff person and thing I don't like is ugly loser" memes, they are never willing to share what's good and bad on both sides and lot of them boil down to old stuff good, new stuff bad, take the Chad and virgin meme, the joke of the original that the Chad was an outright menace by doing the opposite to the extreme
Warioware and Wario Land don't even share the same dev team, Wario Land is not getting a new game because it's last one was a total bomb with expensive animation.

Warioware references Wario Land a lot, it wasn't meant to be a killer, just like Donkey Konga wasn't meant to replace Donkey Kong Country

Reactions: zel
I find most new courses in Mario Kart Tour to be fairly meh, but Ninja Hideaway is genuinely one of my favourite tracks in all of Mario Kart.

Whenever I see the front of a Jeep Renegade, I always think of the Tanooki Kart for some reason. Why?

1627686359864.png
1627686381490.png

Part of Galaxy's appeal is just the unique theming. Odyssey is kinda just on traveling but I think a strong and defining part of Galaxy is just the space. Maybe the next Mario game can center more strongly around a theme, similar to also like Mario Party DS or Super Mario Sunshine, but it should be bold as the Mario - space mash up. I'd say Mario exploring a microscope world would be dope for a 3D game.

OHHHH the microscope world idea sounds SO COOL
naturally i have spore brain and it ALSO makes me think of journey to the microcosmos (really cool channel)
how varied can you make the enviroments look though??? theres not much you can do with the enviroment microbes live in. its mostly just a whole lot of water, other microbes, and some random debris.......... SUPER interesting idea otherwise though

The whole world of microscope is pretty varied. Those landscapes are really weird. In fact, everything is really weird under an electron microscope. While I think having Mario fight the likes of the hydrothermic worm and maggot heads (the style clash would be funny though) is not appropriate, Mario could say, jump across a crazy color set of platforms that are minerals/rocks under a microscope.

Mario could go inside a salt shaker and then he'd see platforms like this
vrf2y1wkttc01.jpg

But there's a lot of cool stuff you see under microscopes, it's worth checking out images from electron microscopes. But if you see them in color, that's probably added by program since those microscopes image only in grayscale.

It's not a platforming game. Also due to Internet I think subject matter has to move on from there.

The whole world of microscope is pretty varied. Those landscapes are really weird. In fact, everything is really weird under an electron microscope. While I think having Mario fight the likes of the hydrothermic worm and maggot heads (the style clash would be funny though) is not appropriate, Mario could say, jump across a crazy color set of platforms that are minerals/rocks under a microscope.

Mario could go inside a salt shaker and then he'd see platforms like this
vrf2y1wkttc01.jpg

But there's a lot of cool stuff you see under microscopes, it's worth checking out images from electron microscopes. But if you see them in color, that's probably added by program since those microscopes image only in grayscale.
oooh good point. we have some basic microscope that we could see some really interesting things with so thatd be 👁👁

well it got my sister to play sonic 1 so

I recently got a replacement SNES (RIP my childhoold console) and started a new game. While playing through the 2nd level, it dawned on me just how much Mario level design has changed over the years.

[B]Watch Out Below![/B] has the apparent gimmick of dodging Chomps that jump on you from the background. The level starts with you having to dodge a half-dozens of the pooches. Then you go "indoor" and there's a small puzzle teaching you to use the eggs to destroy walls. No more chomps. Then you move up into the skies and you have a section with the helicopter form. No chomps here either. Then you go back down to dodge one final chomp and then travel over some more land with enemies to the end of the level. The level has a gimmick in the Incoming Chomps, but they're not the whole level, or even the majority of it.

Now, if the same setpiece was applied to say, Super Mario 3D World, you're now dodging a lot more Chomps. The first section would have you dodge chomps as in above. But then the 2nd section would have you dodge Incoming Chomps also, but with a different and trickier timing. Then the next step would have you back to dodging chomps with the original easy timing, but over crumbling platforms so that you have to commit to your jumps. And the finale would have you dodging both easy and tricky chomps over crumbling platforms up to the end of the level. That's how all Mario levels are now.

Yeah, the heterogenous level design of Yoshi's Island was paced well enough to let you in the game's variety and vibrance. It's as if the game rewards you with a new area to explore every time you pass a wave of incoming chomps or harry hedgehogs or whatever the level is supposed to be themed after.

Also, sorry about your SNES. Did you keep it for the sentimental value at least?

About the Chomps, isn't the Yoshi's Islans DS one a more accurate way of what level you're thinking of?

Yeah, the heterogenous level design of Yoshi's Island was paced well enough to let you in the game's variety and vibrance. It's as if the game rewards you with a new area to explore every time you pass a wave of incoming chomps or harry hedgehogs or whatever the level is supposed to be themed after.

Also, sorry about your SNES. Did you keep it for the sentimental value at least?
Honestly I prefer a more focused nature of the modern levels

Well idk, Valley Fortress is my favorite level in Super Mario World because it has loads of Skewer goodness.

Back