post any random Mario thought on your mind

Still tho I'd say all of the pits are not harming the game and add some value to the game for some players

Here's a thought, what if instead of this lame extra content, they made good extra content instead?

Paper Mario could really benefit from better postgame stuff. Better yet, why not make a new game plus that ups the difficulty? Have the game be easily accessible for everyone and have this new hard mode for RPG fans who want a little more out of it. I'd also be down for fun sidequests (via Trouble Center if that ever comes back), roaming bosses, and all that.

On that note, give us better fast travel please. We have Blue Pipes in The Thousand-Year Door but not all the locations have that for some weird reason.

This is just your reminder that due to it being delayed till next year, Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Olympic games now takes place on a year that the olympics never officially happened.

Maybe it knew something we didn't. 👀

This is just your reminder that due to it being delayed till next year, Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Olympic games now takes place on a year that the olympics never officially happened.

Not much you can do when you have a deadly pandemic going around, even if it is merely coincidental.

Hmmm so now Bowser and Eggman have something better than fog machines and ice melters

Don't forget a Video Game console that sucks people into it, and has a battery that is powered by how excited the crowd is.

Here's a thought, what if instead of this lame extra content, they made good extra content instead?
Because I still think they are valuable extras, just I also feel it would have been improved by adding save blocks (especially to TTYD) or not making the player need to do Flopside twice

Valuable extras maybe but we also need to be able to enjoy them.

Those people have a shitton of patience then.

Still doesn't mean it's not a flaw. Many people actually have to force themselves to do these, myself included.

Let's also take into account those who like to complete the games they play.
But that's a choice and they don't have to if they don't want to. I'm a HUGE fan of TTYD but I choose not to complete it to 100% because I feel it'd be too tedious problem solved
If a developer puts something in a game, then it's valid to criticise it, no matter how big or small.
Yes, but even if it's tedious, even if it's only slightly valuable, it's still better than nonexisting so long as it's optional

I think the Pits of 100 Trials, especially in TTYD, are justified just due to the amount of challenge runners that play it in different ways. Sure everything can be improved, but I'll take what's there over nothing at all, or even less interesting side content, which the games after SPM barely have any.

The first game doesn't even have a postgame, yet it's not a bad thing.

It has sidequests though like the Dojo, delivering letters with Parakarry and favors for Koopa Koot. Most of TTYD's side content isn't restricted to postgame either. Nor is SPM's, aside from Sammer's Kingdom.

I can understand why some of you don't like the Pit of 100 Trials and think of it as tedious or overly long.

But I respectfully disagree.

I choose not to complete it to 100% because I feel it'd be too tedious problem solved

Not wanting a play through the game's content because it's tedious and unfun is a bad design, period. Doesn't matter if it's considered optional or not. A game's job is to entertain you and if an aspect fails to entertain you, that's a flaw.

It has sidequests though like the Dojo, delivering letters with Parakarry and favors for Koopa Koot. Most of TTYD's side content isn't restricted to postgame either. Nor is SPM's, aside from Sammer's Kingdom.

This exemplifies my problems with sidequest content the MaRPGs have. They're either enemy gauntlets (Pit of 100 Trials) or fetch-quests (favors, Trouble Center). Remember when Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga had the Designbomb sidequest of completing all designs? It's probably my favorite MaRPG sidequest, and I'd like to have a bit more variety and content such as that than just being a gopher or killing things.

Who thought it was good idea to put Restart under Quit in the pause menu for Koopa Freerunning in Super Mario Odyssey? In every game I've ever played Restart is under Resume/Continue, and Quit is always at the bottom, this even applies to Mario Kart. I can't count the amount of times I've wanted to restart one of the races but I quit and have to go through two loading screens just to get back to the race.

Back