post any random Mario thought on your mind

You know as a kid I always thought Mario's gloves actually had the purpose of helping him in his plumbing job, rather than just being there because he's a cartoon character or something.

I've been thinking about the bros outfits recently too. I'm realizing their work clothes gives them a little protection from the really random environments they jump through.

You know as a kid I always thought Mario's gloves actually had the purpose of helping him in his plumbing job, rather than just being there because he's a cartoon character or something.
it can be both, too

I've been thinking about the bros outfits recently too. I'm realizing their work clothes gives them a little protection from the really random environments they jump through.
gives them a lot of protection. try unequipping their armor in the Mario & Luigi games and you'll see they'll fall.

There's a dumb mushroom king in those weird old nintendo comics and he got his tie stuck in a jar.

latest

But wait there's multiple kings dispersed throughout the world in SMB3 rather than a single one though. So, does that mean Peach's the queen of all kings and the king's the supreme leader or something?

Last edited:
And why does it look like a bunch of steam is coming out of the floor?

I'm thoroughly convinced that Monty Mole's are based on Australia's wombats. They even come in 2 sizes, slightly smaller than human, and bigger than human.
0162e5e990138509a54b857d80861dab.jpg
DqLanVzVAAE2D9n.jpg

Reactions: zel
If Bowser's going to remain playable in the Mario Party games, I think Dry Bowser will make a great replacement. Kamek just doesn't have the same oomph, but I imagine Dry Bowser will work so well, and it'll make the character more interesting too.

OK, I'm probably a bit late to the party on this one, but I know that there's been some contradictions over which Koopaling is the leader. Anyway, Jakks Pacific have been doing several lines of Mario toys recently, and they're pretty good, and the most recent ones have short paragraphs on the back which have a brief description of the character. They're usually pretty accurate (I think we've only found one mistake based on poor wording choice before, but I can't remember what it was), and some of them go into some depth (There was a good Mario one the other day that referenced Golf, Dr. Mario, Tennis, Kart and Strikers all in the same description), but the interesting thing I've found was on the Ludwig one, I've scanned the back of the box here:
Ludwig Box.png
Sorry about the image quality, my scanner's not great and the box isn't in the best condition, but the English description reads "As the oldest-and the leader-of the Koopalings, Ludwig can be a bit of a showoff. Armed with a magic wand, formidable intelligence, and great fighting skills, he makes for one dangerous opponent!". I don't know if it's something that's since been resolved, but I think there was a bit of confusion over whether Ludwig was the leader, so I thought it was interesting that this says it very definitely.

He's usually the last one you fight so people assumed he was the boss.

In reality they have no leader and are all equal.

I figure the Bowser army hierarchy goes Bowser, Bowser jr/Kamek then the koopalings, then the various king bosses, then the minions

Can't say for sure if it's "reality" rather than headcanon. According to a few bios, Larry is apparently the leader of the Koopalings such as the translation from his trophy in Smash 4 (which seemed a bit more vague at the time being leader of special forces which is up to interpretation what that is) and the Boxing Ring title. The information here contradicts it and how Mario Wiki can reconcile, well, yeah.

then you get stuff like paper jam where they never agreed on a leader and Ludwig just likes to assume he's the boss.

Remember when Odyssey was coming out and some folk were like THE BROODALS ARE GOING TO BE THE REAL VILLAINS and then the game came out and surprising no one they weren't?

I do.

I always thought they're going to serve as minions and their role is going to be pretty much limited to the game they're in, just as how Lubba, Sprixie Princesses, Plessie, and Motely Boss Blob were all confined to their games (Mario Tennis Ultra Trash is barely an exception, and Sprixie Princess didn't make the cut to its completed version anyway) and the context of their games despite people expecting them to appear prominently in another game.

It's Madame Broodal, I thought, should've played a larger role, but she has no real relationship to the rest of the story besides being an obstacle.

People complain about the one-off nature of MaRPGs characters. However, character retainment rate for the main Mario platformers tend to also be similarly low.

Last edited:
If Bowser always captures Peach, even though she is proven to be strong, why would Mario have to save her?

Peach might be strong, but Bowser's even stronger and has immediate numbers that quickly and easily overwhelm security.

Back