post any random Mario thought on your mind

Cortex has a fun personality, I'll give him that.

Well I have terrible taste in characters so my opinions are cultureless, tasteless, and bad, so what I would say wouldn't matter.

I think "Baby Luigi in a military outfit" is "good, interesting" character design for crying out loud.

I'll give this to you.

I had a dream about Super Mario Galaxy 1 in HD but I'm too lazy/paranoid to rip an iso myself and part of me still doesn't like the idea of finding one online despite my concluding that it's not immoral.

Mario Kart Tour content will come to Mario Kart 9/whatever the next Mario Kart game will be called.

I actually haven't seen fan art for Pauline'a new alt, while seeing a ton for Witch Rosalina, Bus Driver Waluigi and Christmas Daisy, I assumed the alts for Mario and Peach didn't get much due to being pre-existing designs, guess not

I've only seen one fan art of her. It's a shame, too, cause her new outfit is perfect fan art material.

Well at my school there's like an annual performance where you dress up funny and lip sync to a song.

I was thinking of performing as Pauline with Jump Up, Super Star! next year

On the cover of Fortune Street, one of the board panels has an yellow-orange button, it looks very similar to Dr. Baby Rosalina's yellowish orb-like thing on her shirt. I kinda wonder if it is the same thing

"Even" the ****ty ones? lol They're nearly all the ****ty ones. CTR:NF is an awesome game, and honestly much better than Mario Kart, but the characters are one of the game's biggest weaknesses. The characters that were in Crash 1-3 are all solid but most of the other ones added are complete trash design-wise. Baby Crash and Baby Coco might actually be the worst designed characters I've ever seen.

Actually, when it comes to the worst CTR character, King Chicken is pretty much up there, due to being just a clueless chicken with a crown; even Penta Penguin has some personality in him. Yes, Baby Crash and Baby Coco are unnecessary, but King Chicken has to be the biggest joke that I've ever seen in the Crash Bandicoot series.

Anyway, it's probably worth noting that there's hardly any diversity with the stat spreads in CTR: Nitro-Fueled. Pretty much every character can use any driving style, but sadly, only Speed and Drift are truly viable for online matchmaking races, partially due to the fact that the majority of items in that game are useless at making any realistic comebacks; the other reason is that Turn and Balanced lack the speed to keep up with Speed and Drift, while Acceleration is pretty much inferior to Drift in all areas (acceleration is irrelevant in CTR). And it's also worth noting that the kart combinations are merely aesthetic, and don't affect gameplay in any way.

Compare that to the Mario Kart series, where there's diverse stat spreads between characters, and your vehicle combination does affect its stats. And let's not forget that speed isn't necessarily everything, since it only takes a couple Red Shells, a Spiny Shell, or even Lightning to ruin someone's day, no matter how far ahead he/she is; that's pretty much where acceleration can help give a player the upper hand.

Last edited:
Actually, when it comes to the worst CTR character, King Chicken is pretty much up there, due to being just a clueless chicken with a crown; even Penta Penguin has some personality in him.
that's the joke

Anyway, it's probably worth noting that there's hardly any diversity with the stat spreads in CTR: Nitro-Fueled. Pretty much every character can use any driving style, but sadly, only Speed and Drift are truly viable for online matchmaking races, partially due to the fact that the majority of items in that game are useless at making any realistic comebacks. And it's also worth noting that the kart combinations are merely aesthetic, and don't affect gameplay in any way.

Compare that to the Mario Kart series, where there's diverse stat spreads between characters, and your vehicle combination does affect its stats. And let's not forget that speed isn't necessarily everything, since it only takes a couple Red Shells, a Spiny Shell, or even Lightning to ruin someone's day, no matter how far ahead he/she is; that's pretty much where acceleration can help give a player the upper hand.
that's why CTR is so good, I can use who and whatever I want without having to worry about using bad stats like in Mario Kart 8

I feel like Mario is the one gaming franchise that has somehow mastered the art of being fun & easy to play for total beginners, while simultaneously challenging for hardcore competitors .

One example I can give is MK7, Grand Prix is designed for everyone to win with enough practice, Time Attack, while being incredibly more challenging, is designed for everyone who has put in enough dedication to the game to eventually win (against the 2nd NPC). Then there's Online Multiplayer, where to reach the top ranks you got to be like 2x better than you were on Time Attack, it's insane and almost nobody can achieve it.

I feel like Mario is the one gaming franchise that has somehow mastered the art of being fun & easy to play for total beginners, while simultaneously challenging for hardcore competitors .

One example I can give is MK7, Grand Prix is designed for everyone to win with enough practice, Time Attack, while being incredibly more challenging, is designed for everyone who has put in enough dedication to the game to eventually win (against the 2nd NPC). Then there's Online Multiplayer, where to reach the top ranks you got to be like 2x better than you were on Time Attack, it's insane and almost nobody can achieve it.
One reason I love Mario is for his universality.

I found Galaxy really cool for a young kid looking at the wonders of a space adventure, nowadays, sure the levels are too easy and linear for me now, but the atmosphere of both games are still unforgettable.

Nintendo franchises are typically like that from what I observe. Super Smash Bros. is another example of being easy to learn, hard to master, and Kirby as a franchise, while is generally extremely easy has a lot of difficult modes and can be difficult to 100%. Let's also not forget the complicated aspects and strategies of competitive battling for Pokemon despite being a very simple RPG that anyone can play.

that's why CTR is so good, I can use who and whatever I want without having to worry about using bad stats like in Mario Kart 8

The problem is, you practically have no chance of winning an online matchmaking race with Turn or Balanced, especially once you find out that the game's advanced techniques fully negate the flaws that the Speed and Drift styles have. The items in that game are just useless at giving players any kind of comeback if they start very badly. And for some tracks, you literally have to hold onto the blue fire upon acquiring it, or else you can pretty much forget about winning altogether; Tiny Temple is one notable example of this dilemma. And finally, online matchmaking is poorly designed, since it's known to pair newbies with hardcore gamers, and lag makes it impossible for players to avoid (invisible) item attacks.

In the Mario Kart series, it's at least possible to win with the slower combinations, since no matter how far ahead a player is, item spam will eventually rear its ugly head. Also, in an online race, you can at least react to incoming items before they hit you. And while the race rating system may not necessarily be the best indicator of skill, those with low race rating values are usually less experienced than those with high race rating values.

In the end though, it all comes down to personal preference on which racing title is better; some may prefer to speedrun through races, which is easier to accomplish in CTR: Nitro-Fueled.

Last edited:
CTR: Nitro-Fueled's battle mode is all right. Doesn't hold a candle to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's battle mode though.

I like how there can be four teams in that Battle Mode, though!

Actually, when it comes to the worst CTR character, King Chicken is pretty much up there, due to being just a clueless chicken with a crown; even Penta Penguin has some personality in him. Yes, Baby Crash and Baby Coco are unnecessary, but King Chicken has to be the biggest joke that I've ever seen in the Crash Bandicoot series.

Anyway, it's probably worth noting that there's hardly any diversity with the stat spreads in CTR: Nitro-Fueled. Pretty much every character can use any driving style, but sadly, only Speed and Drift are truly viable for online matchmaking races, partially due to the fact that the majority of items in that game are useless at making any realistic comebacks; the other reason is that Turn and Balanced lack the speed to keep up with Speed and Drift, while Acceleration is pretty much inferior to Drift in all areas (acceleration is irrelevant in CTR). And it's also worth noting that the kart combinations are merely aesthetic, and don't affect gameplay in any way.

Mario Kart has the same stat types, though. They throw in a tier between light and normal, and normal and heavy but it certainly doesn't make much of a difference. The difference made by vehicle parts is minor enough to not affect much and I'd rather make a cool build without having to fret that I'm not equipping the same part that everyone else has, which looks dumb but makes me faster. And even though it was just a method to work in microtransactions, earning coins and picking the items you want from the shop is a much, much more satisfying experience than just getting a new part every 50 coins or whatever. I also like that Crash has an adventure mode.

The items in CTR are all just Mario-Kart rip offs, and can turn the tide just as much. But CTR is more skill-based than Mario Kart, so you can't just hope to get carried by good items. CTR rewards practice and track-memorization while Mario Kart actively tries to prevent those from being rewarding. Mario Kart is great for parties and playing with people who aren't that into games, but CTR is just a much better game overall in my eyes.

The items in CTR are all just Mario-Kart rip offs, and can turn the tide just as much. But CTR is more skill-based than Mario Kart, so you can't just hope to get carried by good items.
While getting hit by items in CTR is just as, if not more, punishing then Mario Kart, the accuracy of the items is far worse. All of the moving items are slower then the fastest speed, with the exception of the Blue Shell equivalent which is only slightly faster. The Bomb drifts off to the side, and come out of the front and the back of the kart, rather then going the direction the player is going. The Missile also drifts when no-one is nearby, and has a small radius for detecting players, alongside that it gets destroyed by any turn that's 90° or sharper. TNT Crates don't do anything as they can removed by jumping a few times. The only items that consistently do what they supposed to are the Potions (Banana), Nitro Crate (Bob-Omb) and power items (Mask (Star), Clock (Lightning) and Blue Orb (Blue Shell)), meaning that players in mid positions have barely any chance of catching up to the top players unless they're far better then them, and in that case they would already be in 1st.

The Bombs should come out the front or back of the kart. TNT crates can be placed in bumpy areas or around ramps so that the victim or placed near a turn so that the victim must sacrifice their drift in order to remove it, or they can be held and upgraded. The items are more situational which is something I enjoy.

Back