post any random Mario thought on your mind

I believe Kuribons or something like that means chestnut so I think they are intended to be chestnuts.

even in universe nobody is sure lmao theres 2 volbonans in mushroom kingdom near the goomba forest arguing whether theyre chestnuts or mushrooms

They seem like mushrooms to me. Aside from their mushroom-y appearance, they were also allied with the Mushroom Kingdom until they turned to Bowser for whatever reason. Many goombas were infected with the blorbs as well, which is an illness that only seems to infect mushroom-like people.

They might even be a cross between mushrooms and chestnuts, hence the in-universe confusion.

i just wondered. whats the worst mario boxart?? i mighta missed something but i looked around and this might be a contender. its so dam PLAIN
420px-MegapartygamesEU.jpg

its just wario in a piss void telling you the amount of microgames and theres the logo too i guess
warioware games often have simplstic boxarts but this isnt even stylish

the piss void is the european one. the japanese cover looks better too
on topic of that. the european cover for shake it is my favorite out of its other covers so its got that at least
425px-Warioland.jpg

the font for M&L in that cover is very gelatinous, I wonder is that supposed to be representative to blood cells/organs or something?
I'm not sure but you may be right

The innards theme might be why they switched to it for BIS, but that style was somewhat present in the Japanese logos for the first 2 games as well. Including the plain box arts. Well PIT's has a bit more going on.

The biggest crime in the recent M&L boxes is that they made a full-on modernization of the original GBA box-art, complete with new artwork of every character in it and then some:

1120px-Mario-Luigi_0858.PNG

...but then the U.S. and Japan didn't make use of it, so we're stuck with this:

1120px-MLSS%2BBM_Box_NA.png

To be fair it also has original artwork, but it's a downgrade from the PAL one in every way.

The innards theme might be why they switched to it for BIS, but that style was somewhat present in the Japanese logos for the first 2 games as well. Including the plain box arts. Well PIT's has a bit more going on.

The biggest crime in the recent M&L boxes is that they made a full-on modernization of the original GBA box-art, complete with new artwork of every character in it and then some:

1120px-Mario-Luigi_0858.PNG

...but then the U.S. and Japan didn't make use of it, so we're stuck with this:

1120px-MLSS%2BBM_Box_NA.png

To be fair it also has original artwork, but it's a downgrade from the PAL one in every way.
I'm British lmao

Still kind of upset at Mario Kart 8's roster. I get why it is the way it is, the devs wanted to focus on the courses first and foremost and they definitely look good (even though imo most of them aren't that fun to race on), but it's disappointing coming from Mario Kart Wii.

Have you seen the roster for Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled? That roster is fucking bonkers and that's pretty much exactly what I want Mario Kart to be. Everyone is here from every game, even the shitty ones, and it doesn't come at the cost of mainstays being cut for some reason, and it's amazing.

I'm actually scared Mario Kart won't get an original Switch entry, what with Nintendo pushing Tour so hard, lootboxes and all, and otherwise they're treating the MK8 port like "the" Switch Mario Kart. Even that has gotten no new content in forever while MKT continues to get content.

The Switch is Nintendo's most successful system in a while, you'd think they'd want a wholly original Mario Kart game on there. The new content in 8 Deluxe is small enough to have worked as DLC for 8 on Wii U. We're so due for a brand new game.

I just find it disgusting that Tour gets all of these updates, and it has to be the shitty gacha game with terrible controls that gets the stuff that should have been in mainstay Mario Kart installments such as alternate costumes, returning veterans, and different varieties of some karts, as well as new karts.

Fuck Mario Kart Tour. That game would be in one of my shittiest Mario games of all time. At the very least, Paper Mario: Sticker Star and...Hotel Mario or the Mario edutainment titles are just...bad to mediocre games; Mario Kart Tour is actively damaging and has real life consequences. You can spend 70 fucking dollars in one microtransaction in that game for a bunch of digital monopoly money, that money can be used to buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which will always be the superior game.

Still kind of upset at Mario Kart 8's roster. I get why it is the way it is, the devs wanted to focus on the courses first and foremost and they definitely look good (even though imo most of them aren't that fun to race on), but it's disappointing coming from Mario Kart Wii.

Have you seen the roster for Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled? That roster is fucking bonkers and that's pretty much exactly what I want Mario Kart to be. Everyone is here from every game, even the shitty ones, and it doesn't come at the cost of mainstays being cut for some reason, and it's amazing.
I guess this isn't a criticism for the roster itself, but there's a caveat to this roster being generally a massive grind to get anyone you want (unless you want to shell out microtransactions for the problem they invented, huh) because lol pitstop (1500 coins to get someone you want while the coin handout is like 40 coins per *good* race offline and you can't access pitstop unless you're connected onlin) and live service, so just remember that.

Mario Kart 8's roster is pretty shoddy (yes, we needed Koopalings and Inklings before Diddy Kong or Birdo) and it *could've* been alleviated via free updates, but Nintendo's, well, Nintendo.

I'm actually scared Mario Kart won't get an original Switch entry, what with Nintendo pushing Tour so hard, lootboxes and all, and otherwise they're treating the MK8 port like "the" Switch Mario Kart. Even that has gotten no new content in forever while MKT continues to get content.

The Switch is Nintendo's most successful system in a while, you'd think they'd want a wholly original Mario Kart game on there. The new content in 8 Deluxe is small enough to have worked as DLC for 8 on Wii U. We're so due for a brand new game.
Keep your expectations low as I've done for the past few years. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe could've gotten more updates, more courses, more characters, more alts, but it's clear they're done with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe while they're focused on conditioning kids to pull their pipes.

Mario Kart 8's roster is pretty shoddy (yes, we needed Koopalings and Inklings before Diddy Kong or Birdo) and it *could've* been alleviated via free updates, but Nintendo's, well, Nintendo.
Never understood why they never continued adding characters and costumes after Breath of the Wild Link in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Sounds like a killer plan.

Probably don't know how online works I'm assuming, and that games these days do tend to have a lot of updates after they're released.

Maybe they moved on to supporting Mario Kart Tour.
Who knows?
I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but I'm pretty sure the group making Nintendo's mobile games is different than the ones making their console games. Granted even if that's the case it could just be Nintendo wanting to support only one Mario Kart game at a time.

"Even" the shitty ones? lol They're nearly all the shitty ones. CTR:NF is an awesome game, and honestly much better than Mario Kart, but the characters are one of the game's biggest weaknesses. The characters that were in Crash 1-3 are all solid but most of the other ones added are complete trash design-wise. Baby Crash and Baby Coco might actually be the worst designed characters I've ever seen.

I personally think most of Crash's characters in general look really hideous and not characters I would enjoy being.

Their character designs....really aren't for me, save for a few exceptions.

Back