post any random Mario thought on your mind

Mario 2d platformers have branching paths though? [Ground, underground, sky] I suppose the difference is the momentum thing as sonic does often feel more like a ride and based on your momentum as you put it, switches you to different paths..

I like those Party Monkies from Jungle Beat and want them in another game

You know, for all the grief his missions caused, no one seems to remember The Chimp, lmao
Oh my, how did I forget

Honestly a lot of Super Mario Galaxy 2 elements were swept down. That flying green thing, wtf was that thing anyway? And every time Rollodillo and Sorbetti are mentioned, it's almost always by me who points out how forgotten they are.

Though to be fair, Cluckboom *was* from Galaxy 1.

This is probably something that I should've mentioned sooner, but in Luigi's Mansion 3, doesn't it seem odd that Polterpup is lacking visible irises? I mean, with the Dark Moon fully restored, all the Evershade Valley ghosts (including Polterpup) have visible irises again.

Luigi_and_Polterpup_with_E_Gadd.png

Tbh the irises look a bit goofy. They're ok but I think Iris-less Polterpup looks a tad bit better.

It still makes very little sense, especially when you look back at Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. The Polterpup (and all the Evershade Valley ghosts) lacked irises, because of the Dark Moon's destruction, but since the events of Luigi's Mansion 3 take place after the Dark Moon got restored, seeing Polterpup without irises in Luigi's Mansion 3 greatly contradicts what the Dark Moon is supposed to do.

I wouldn't worry about it.

It still makes very little sense, especially when you look back at Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. The Polterpup (and all the Evershade Valley ghosts) lacked irises, because of the Dark Moon's destruction, but since the events of Luigi's Mansion 3 take place after the Dark Moon got restored, seeing Polterpup without irises in Luigi's Mansion 3 greatly contradicts what the Dark Moon is supposed to do.

Meh, if I had to have some sort of canon explanation it's that the affect of the Dark Moon only happens in Evershade Valley. Polterpup never was an evil ghost anyway, it just was mischievous and could be trained by Weegee to be less mischievous.

Anyway, I'm at the same stage as FTG, currently stuck there.

It's probably the dark crystal thing that gave him pupils. If he goes away from the vicinity of it, he loses his pupils.

Been thinking about the hilarious downgrade Grand Stars got between the Galaxy games and Mario Kart Tour. In their original appearance they were the most-sought-after collectible, and were the biggest power source for the hub spacecraft and for Bowser's strongholds. Both games are beaten by grabbing a Grand Star. Now you just get them thrown at you left and right for mundane tasks like "do a rocket start" or "perform a slipstream" lmao

Been thinking about the hilarious downgrade Grand Stars got between the Galaxy games and Mario Kart Tour. In their original appearance they were the most-sought-after collectible, and were the biggest power source for the hub spacecraft and for Bowser's strongholds. Both games are beaten by grabbing a Grand Star. Now you just get them thrown at you left and right for mundane tasks like "do a rocket start" or "perform a slipstream" lmao

I thought of this too. It takes like, what, 6 grand stars to power the Observatory enough to go to the center of the universe? By this point Rosalina has enough grand stars to make a whole new universe. Power stars would've been a better reward.

They're probably bootleg Grand Stars

can't say that's the only commodity that's been devalued over the years (and coins are always worthless where people even throw them in trash and coins clog sewer pipes)

look at stars. simple currency in mario party games

Back