post any random Mario thought on your mind

So, I mentioned a while back that I saw a T-shirt in Primark with Mario's artwork from Famicom Grand Prix: F-1 Race on, and commented that it seemed like a weird pick. Well, recently, my brother bought some new Mario Kart bedsheets, which had Mario Kart 8 artwork on the packaging, Super Mario Kart artwork on the front and that same artwork again on the back and pillowcase, plus another one from that same game. It seems kind of strange to me that they keep using that old artwork- particularly when they use it on a Mario Kart product when it's not even from a Mario Kart game. I've found a picture of this one:
jFTnUi3.jpg

Baby Luigi said:
I wouldn't say it's a "major" obstacle. It's a thing (out of the many things) you just run past and forget about. A major obstacle would be the fake Bowsers in the original Super Mario Bros.

It's one of the most common obstacles in almost every Mario game. It's what causes you to think twice before jumping onto every pipe you see.

One does not simply forget about Piranha plants.

I think they just enjoyed the challenge of making a fighter out of such an unorthodox body type.

Baby Luigi said:
Daisy was low effort to make. They pretty much recycled Peach's skeleton and animations with a few tweaks to make her stand out (and not even moveset property tweaks, just aesthetic ones). She even looks like her head was Frakenstein'ed onto Peach's body. :yoshi: (with a few minor details on the dress, but that would be unnoticeable in normal gameplay anyway so what's the point?) :yoshi: I think the decision to make Daisy a separate playable fighter than an alternate costume like some characters is that they wanted to introduce some animation tweaks to Daisy I guess so she got her own slot.

Regardless if Daisy had major roles or not, she's still a fairly popular recurring Mario character, enough to get requests for and enough for her to get a skin in her likeness since Peach's introduction. You can't just write off her spin-off appearances as being completely pointless. To be honest, while I don't think Daisy is a great choice to be a new fighter, she's not completely out of the blue and obscure as some people claim she is.
I still would have preferred Daisy not be a fighter at all than an echo fighter, but since I already mained Peach I didn't have to learn a new moveset (though I would have been 110% willing to learn a new moveset for my 2nd favorite Mario character). But I'll take what I can get and hope against hope for something different in the future.

Baby Luigi said:
Waluigi is a recurring playable character with a large fanbase that has seen him as an Assist Trophy. He's got a shot to be playable.
Yeah, Waluigi's been in the same boat as Daisy for the same amount of time. You'd think they have equal chance.

BBQ Turtle said:
So, I mentioned a while back that I saw a T-shirt in Primark with Mario's artwork from Famicom Grand Prix: F-1 Race on, and commented that it seemed like a weird pick. Well, recently, my brother bought some new Mario Kart bedsheets, which had Mario Kart 8 artwork on the packaging, Super Mario Kart artwork on the front and that same artwork again on the back and pillowcase, plus another one from that same game. It seems kind of strange to me that they keep using that old artwork- particularly when they use it on a Mario Kart product when it's not even from a Mario Kart game. I've found a picture of this one:

Well to be fair, 3D Hot Rally artwork WAS used in a Mario Kart and even had a kart referenced to it in Mario Kart Wii

You want a random thought?

Why the hell are Baby Mario and Luigi allowed to drive karts and play tennis and golf and baseball and participate in the olympics? Where did their parents go??

Saltman said:

Why the hell are Baby Mario and Luigi allowed to drive karts and play tennis and golf and baseball and participate in the olympics? Where did their parents go??
they didnt participate in the olympics, give their parents some credit

Magikrazy said:
Saltman said:

they didnt participate in the olympics, give their parents some credit

Where are the parents anyway? You don't see them driving around in karts with their kids!

Mario and Luigi are their parents after the time machine flubbed and Mario and Luigi agreed to take care of the two.

Saltman said:

Because they're good drivers, good tennis players, good golfers, and good baseball players.

Also, could you please point me the Olympics games that they were playable in? I would love to play it!

not unless sega reacquires the rights after Ubisoft is done with them

We need Penguin/Bumpty as a playable species character in the spinoffs.

Wario is the quickest spin-off to series in the Mario games, with only 2 years after his debut to get the Land series
For contrast, Luigi took the longest, with his series taking two decades after his first appearance and took another to actually become a series

Mario Party X said:

I like those guys way more than those derpy penguins they use from Mario 64 onwards. They're cool (pun intended), but bumpties are cooler (pun intended again).

Mario Party X said:

Nwo that you say this, I unironically want a Bumpty playable in Mario Kart.

Saltman said:
Mario Party X said:

I like those guys way more than those derpy penguins they use from Mario 64 onwards. They're cool (pun intended), but bumpties are cooler (pun intended again).
We got Bumpty in Paper Mario, but more recently Yoshi's Wooly World, so there may be some shred of hope for them.

Glowsquid said:
Nwo that you say this, I unironically want a Bumpty playable in Mario Kart.
It's overdue!!!

Hmmm, well, Left 4 Dead is set in a crisis and Mario, Donkey Kong, Wario, and Yoshi are there... You playing Left 4 Dead!?

the NPC Rosalina found in 3D World is considerably bigger than the playable one.

She also gets her magic barrier if you try to attack her.

That doesn't stop her, however, to make a pose at the end of the level with you though.

Y0I4QHem_o.jpg

noCKiTvR_o.jpg

Back