post any random Mario thought on your mind

Kirby and Dedede said:
White Lightning said:
Kirby and Dedede said:
White Lightning said:
Do I simply need to beat Super Mario Odyssey to get the Santa outfit and the others released in timely intervels in the 1.2.0 version or do I need to go into the Eshop? I'm asking as it isn't appearing in my main file, which I beat the game in.
You also have to buy them from Crazy Cap. You don't just get them automatically.
They aren't appearing in Crazy Cap. I didn't buy them either. I beat the game before they released.
Is your Switch currently connected to the Internet? Because it needs to be.

It is connected to the Internet. I don't know why it won't show up. The ones originally launched with that update like the Sunshine outfit appears in the Crazy Cap.

White Lightning said:
Kirby and Dedede said:
White Lightning said:
Kirby and Dedede said:
White Lightning said:
Do I simply need to beat Super Mario Odyssey to get the Santa outfit and the others released in timely intervels in the 1.2.0 version or do I need to go into the Eshop? I'm asking as it isn't appearing in my main file, which I beat the game in.
You also have to buy them from Crazy Cap. You don't just get them automatically.
They aren't appearing in Crazy Cap. I didn't buy them either. I beat the game before they released.
Is your Switch currently connected to the Internet? Because it needs to be.

It is connected to the Internet. I don't know why it won't show up. The ones originally launched with that update like the Sunshine outfit appears in the Crazy Cap.
If resetting the software with an Internet connection doesn't work, I've got nothing.

*sigh* I really wish that you could pick the CPU characters in Mario Kart. Whenever I play a team race, I never let any of the characters that I like be on the opposing team, and so I have to wait until I get a rival team that only has characters that I don't care about. Here's that long list of characters I like:

Mario Kart Wii:
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy*
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Peach
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
King Boo
Rosalina

That's 14/24 characters which is more than half of the roster.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:
Peach
Rosalina
Cat Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Shy Guy
Lakitu
Toadette
King Boo
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy*
Baby Rosalina
Pink Gold Peach
Lemmy
Wendy
Inkling Girl
Female Villager
Isabelle

That's 21/42 characters, which is half of the roster.

*Sometimes I do let Baby Daisy be on the opposing team in both of those games.

As you can see, I care about a LOT of characters. Usually it only takes a few minutes until none of those characters are on the opposing team, but lately I've been really unlucky and I've been having to wait like 30 minutes on the team select screen. I really hate that and I just wish that there was an option to choose the CPU characters in VS mode. If I could choose the CPU characters, here's who I'd put on both teams:

Mario Kart DS

Blue Team:
Peach (me)
Toad
Yoshi
Donkey Kong

Red Team:
Bowser
Wario
Waluigi
Daisy

Mario Kart Wii

Blue Team:
Baby Peach (me)
Baby Mario
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Peach
Birdo

Red Team:
Funky Kong
Dry Bowser
Wario
Waluigi
Daisy
Donkey Kong

Mario Kart 7

Blue Team:
Rosalina (me)
Peach
Honey Queen
Toad

Red Team:
Bowser
Wario
Daisy
Waluigi Either Donkey Kong, Luigi, or Metal Mario

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Red Team (Mario Supermotor Team):
Baby Rosalina (me)
Baby Peach
Wendy
Pink Gold Peach
Isabelle
Inkling Girl

OR

Baby Mario (me)
Koopa Troopa
Shy Guy
Lakitu
Lemmy
Larry

Blue Team (Lord Bowser):
Link
BOTW Link
Dry Bowser
Wario
Waluigi
Daisy

I know almost nothing about modding or how to make mods, so yeah...

All I can hope for is that they release an update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe that adds the option to choose the CPU characters, but I doubt that will ever happen.

luckily, mario kart wii is perfectly capable of letting me do this

MKW_Pre-TimeTrial.png

It's really easy to add codes like that in emulation, at least.

Considering they haven't done such an easy task since DS and especially since they apparently don't want you of jumping through hoops to select their kart combos as well, I doubt it.

Mario Kart in general has extremely weak customization features especially when considering modes.

I keep saying Mario Kart needs a Shop Mode to actually use the coins collected in the game for customization.
Costumes for some of the characters and "licenses" for Miis on the system (allowing you to play as a respective Mii so long as you bought a license for him or her).

Also, increase customization options for your vehicles to be on par with plenty of racing games out there so you can buy more stuff with coins

Paint jobs
Decals
Tailpipe designs
Hood
Trim
Bumpers
Headlight colors
Wings, fins, and spoilers
Tire rim design
Accessories

All of that fun stuff. I'm not expecting the extent of customization to be in kids' first racing game but damn well can I dream for these features.

I find it interesting how the home console Mario Parties fluctuaded between unlock criteria of most minigames:

1 and 2 made you unlock them randomly first though the roulette and collect coins in order to buy them for use in free play once that is done. Good that this unlock system was scrapped after 2 seeing how expensive the minigames were for the most part. 1 kind of alleviated the cost for some minigames through the Gameball machine, which gave you a randomly selected minigame for 300 coins, meaning you could easily save money if any minigame you've yet to unlock costs more than 300 coins, such as one of the Slot Car Derby versions for 500 coins.

3-7 once again made minigame unlocks dedicated randomly to the roulette, though 6 and 7 have their exceptions. The Mic minigames in both games are available at the start, and 7's 8-player minigames are also available at the start.

8 kept the unlock system from 3-7, though 8 made a return of the minigame shop were you could directly unlock some minigames you haven't unlocked yet for 50 carnival cards apiece, which is a perfectly manageable price, though having to beat Star Battle Arena once to unlock the shop to begin with can be seen as a minor inconvenience. Additionally, any minigame that is featured in Test for the Best that you have not unlocked yet will be unlocked after beating the mode once, since the mode itself is available for purchase at the Fun Bazaar even at the start of a new save file.

9 and 10 threw minigame unlocks out of the window for the most part, with 10 having only the boss minigames unlockable for that game, and even then, the game automatically selected the appropriate boss for the board (Mega Goomba and Petey Piranha for Mushroom Park, Mega Cheep Chomp and Mega Blooper for Whimsical Waters etc). It's been so many years since I've played 9, so I can't remember if you had to unlock the boss minigames there too before being able to play them in Free Play.

SMP brought back minigame unlocks, though this time, as long as 1 locked minigame is present on the minigame roulette, the game will automatically select that one. If 2 or more are shown in the roulette, the game will randomly select between those that are locked.

I noticed that in Mario Party 6's Solo Mode, the game will ALWAYS pick a minigame that you haven't unlocked yet (unless you've unlocked them all). In Party mode the game just picks a random minigame, so playing through Solo Mode is a good way to unlock any minigames that you're missing.

Mario Party DS is similar to Super Mario Party in that the game will always pick a minigame that you haven't unlocked until you've unlocked them all. But unlike SMP, EVERY minigame needs to be unlocked in this game.

In Mario Party 9, you do have to unlock the boss minigames just like in Mario Party 10.

Mario Party: Island Tour has a similar system to 9 where the only minigames that need to be unlocked are the boss battle ones (from Bowser's Tower) and the puzzle minigames need to be bought with Mario Party points IIRC.

Long John Spaghetti said:
If "Shrek" is a movie about being accepted for who you are, then why do they make fin of Lord Farquadd for being short?

tfw when nintendo was so desesperate for meme plaudits that mario historia canonized shrek as a branching timeline of donkey konga 2

I should probably bug Mcmadness to death, I'm good at that.

Never! This thread is my greatest achievement!

Really? An internet forum thread is your greatest achievement?

Well on here anyway.

China has pretty progressive copyright laws

Back