post any random Mario thought on your mind

DtMS0j9UUAALk6g.jpg

DtMS1FuUcAAr3at.jpg

DtMS2YyUwAAQL9k.jpg

i'd imagine these images are going to be taken out of context for a billion 'RARE MARIO CHARACTERS THAT NEVER LEFT JAPAN" Clickbait
For the record, that Yuuki Nae, a real person

I always knew Peach was the real villain.

If someone jokes about shipping, I am out of here for the rest of the day.

Mario Party X said:
If someone jokes about shipping, I am out of here for the rest of the day.
After rescuing Bowser, Mario & Luigi promptly shipped him back to the Koopa Kingdom. Via snail mail.

There's a bunch of fanart that I want to share from deviantart by other fanartists, but the stupid site changed how image links work :mad:
The links break after a certain amount of time now.

Hm, try opening image in new tab? The links you were posting earlier looked like what you get when you click download (which is a temporary generated link) but the embedded image on the deviation page shouldn't be like that.

I was opening the image in a new tab each time, not hitting download. But then again, that was sta.sh and not the site proper. Still, sta.sh's images didn't work like that before, either.

All things considered, I really hope the inevitable Mario Golf Switch has a sweet story mode like Mario Tennis Aces does. Man, that boss theme is glorious.

I suddenly found myself on the TTYD beta elements page on the wiki last night, and now I'm obsessed with trying to come up with names for the hamburger-themed Spinia and popsicle-themed Spania characters (likely Luigi partners), and for Screamy's species (which I thought was based on whipped cream until I read the foreign names referring to ice scream).

104px-Spinia_TTYD_unused.png
87px-Spania_ice_cream_TTYD_unused.png

Screamy2.PNG
Moa_enemy_TTYD_brown.png
Moa_enemy_TTYD_purple.png

You could just make OCs out of them yourself if you really wanna.

2015: Waluigi is a Mystery Mushroom costume in Mario Maker -> Waluigi fans hope for a Waluigi game.
2016: Waluigi amiibo -> Waluigi fans' expectations for a Waluigi game has increased .
2017: Waluigi suit in Mario Odyssey -> One step closer to a potential Waluigi game.
2018: Waluigi is still an assist trophy in Smash Ultimate -> Crushes Waluigi fans' dreams for a Waluigi game.

Just... I don't wanna be rude, but don't raise your hopes up everytime Waluigi is on screen. Keeping low expectations is the only way to fully guarantee no disappointment.

Saltman said:
Optimism.

Please :'( .
It's not optimism, it's stupidity.

Expecting Waluigi to become a Fighter in Smash, let alone get a game, when he has not made any major appearances is just ignorant, and will set you up for dissapointment.

Yeah and then they put Daisy there, and a plant after that. Did Daisy make any major appearances? Just an obscure 30 year old game boy game no one ever talks about.

Now look I'm not one of those guys who would kill for him to be in the game and make death threats and other crap (I'm happier that they put K Rool in actually), but I disagree with that.

Daisy was low effort to make. They pretty much recycled Peach's skeleton and animations with a few tweaks to make her stand out (and not even moveset property tweaks, just aesthetic ones). She even looks like her head was Frakenstein'ed onto Peach's body. I think the decision to make Daisy a separate playable fighter than an alternate costume like some characters is that they wanted to introduce some animation tweaks to Daisy I guess so she got her own slot.

Regardless if Daisy had major roles or not, she's still a fairly popular recurring Mario character, enough to get requests for and enough for her to get a skin in her likeness since Peach's introduction. You can't just write off her spin-off appearances as being completely pointless. To be honest, while I don't think Daisy is a great choice to be a new fighter, she's not completely out of the blue and obscure as some people claim she is.

The same thing applies to Waluigi. He's appeared as a playable character in a countless amount of Mario spin-offs. Hell, the fact that he's an Assist Trophy before much more recurring "major" characters in Mario games hints that it's not just about his roles in platformers or the lack of thereof but his popularity due to people enjoy using him in the likes of Kart, Party, etc.

Piranha Plant was pretty WTF but was still a recognizable Mario character that people would see and say, "these guys are crazy to put that plant enemy from mario to be playable" so it comes with its own sort of charm.

Piranha Plant has more merit too.

It has debuted alongside Peach and Bowser in Super Mario Bros, AND it has appeared in the Yoshi series, I guess it's also very recognizable of a species, so yeah, while you may see it as the meme character, it still is here for a reason.

Piranha Plant doesn't even play a major role, Waluigi has arguably played more major roles than Piranha Plant has. It gets points for being a recognizable enemy. Waluigi gets points for being playable in a great number of Mario games. Mario platformers and Mario spin-offs don't live in completely separate bubbles from each other.

I'd say being a major obstacle is an important role.

I wouldn't say it's a "major" obstacle. It's a thing (out of the many things) you just run past and forget about. A major obstacle would be the fake Bowsers in the original Super Mario Bros.

Waluigi is a recurring playable character with a large fanbase that has seen him as an Assist Trophy. He's got a shot to be playable.

Back