post any random Mario thought on your mind

Pink Cat said:
An overlooked fact, if going by the Sports Mix conference, Mario hates bad puns
It's quite the opposite. Mario is a sucker for puns. He probably doesn't like them at his expense though.

When he's chatty with people, he likes cracking puns.

"You know what they say, Chile today!"
Flower puns with "hi-biscus" "hello biscus" with Luigi

"Is your mama llama?"

And there's the "that's a Moré" thing he did in Mario Teaches Typing 2

Oh, and I remember he did ask "How do you get Pikachu on the bus? You poke 'em on'"! I think Mario also asked if Pikachu has a cold because of the last syllable.

Mario said that Luigi's "I'm tired of being number 2. It's my time to shine", something similar, was just taken out of context, and Luigi loves being his sidekick. Then he laughs. Not sure if there's a word play going on, though.

You gotta test that on Big Blue. Also, Great Cave Offensive is a better place to test run speed, IMO.

In retrospect, I think Nintendo is onto something when they made Bowser Jr., being that he's a younger version of the main villain that is also willingly following into his footsteps.

The reason I am mentioning this? After Sonic Mania was released, an upside-down sprite of Eggman in a spider boss had caused some to freely interpret him as a her, specifically as a separate character called "Eggette". The fan-made character is appealing because, according to a fan's theory: "...fits in to a specific role of being really cute, and small, and kind of unsuspecting. She’s this little girl, you’d never expect her to be much of a threat, but she IS and that’s awesome. But she’s not overly ugly, she’s not overly nerdy, she’s just this really great twist on the Dr. Eggman design". I think that there are similar parallels with Bowser Jr., so he is indeed a worthwhile addition.

Thank you for reading.

Really want Eggette be an official Sonic character. Perfect partner for Bowser Jr. in the Mario & Sonic games. Metal Sonic could have Metal Mario as his partner.

Mcmadness said:
So the internet made a big deal about this thing, and Bowser can't even use it anyway.

Not that it will stop them of course but the idea amuses me.

The idea of the Super Crown affecting other characters may start out amusing, but it can quickly turn annoying if it persists for too long, and goes beyond child-friendly levels.

winstein said:
In retrospect, I think Nintendo is onto something when they made Bowser Jr., being that he's a younger version of the main villain that is also willingly following into his footsteps.

The reason I am mentioning this? After Sonic Mania was released, an upside-down sprite of Eggman in a spider boss had caused some to freely interpret him as a her, specifically as a separate character called "Eggette". The fan-made character is appealing because, according to a fan's theory: "...fits in to a specific role of being really cute, and small, and kind of unsuspecting. She’s this little girl, you’d never expect her to be much of a threat, but she IS and that’s awesome. But she’s not overly ugly, she’s not overly nerdy, she’s just this really great twist on the Dr. Eggman design". I think that there are similar parallels with Bowser Jr., so he is indeed a worthwhile addition.

Thank you for reading.
That description does indeed sound very similar to Bowser Jr., especially the part about being threatening while also being a little kid.

I guess my only issue is that Eggette feels like the sort of character that would be better executed in the Sonic comics or some other media rather than the games. Bowser Jr. actually subtly acts as a foil to Bowser in that he's implied (and even outright shown in some cases) to prefer use machines and smarts rather than directly fighting Mario, which is something even his Smash trophy points out. Additionally, while there are times that could imply that he can be more dangerous than Bowser, Junior is shown to also be possible of acting nicer (or at least, more willing to owe up to his mistakes) than Bowser. I feel that, especially from a gameplay stand-point, it would be harder to make Eggette stand out more from Eggman since the only thing that's coming to mind right now is having her be the Act 1 boss instead of a random robot.

That's without mentioning, of course, that Bowser Jr. is still a love-him-or-hate-him character in general and we all know how the internet feels about Sonic characters...

Saltman said:
More like Piranha the Plant, for taking his spot in Smash.

Speaking of the Piranha Plant, I'm probably guessing that it would feel much less awkward if it was Petey Piranha who got the playable promotion for Smash Ultimate instead. I mean, in the Mario spin-offs, he's only slightly larger than Bowser, but that's only really because he has a huge head.

Too lazy to dig out the old topic so, here.

Remember when that Yoshi game had a Yarn aesthetic instead of general plush?.
Remember when they tried to use the original Yoshi's Island proportions for Baby Bowser rather than just using Bowser Jr.'s (not that different, but still) design?

Was Baby Bowser really all that distinct from Bowser Jr., Because if Junior was introduced in the SNES games, he would certainly look like Baby Bowser, just without a bib.

I like how the idea of how to convey a crafted, plush character is to vomit a bumpmap all over them.

Mario Party X said:
Was Baby Bowser really all that distinct from Bowser Jr., Because if Junior was introduced in the SNES games, he would certainly look like Baby Bowser, just without a bib.

Well, the difference are in the minor details. His armbands still had spikes, his nose was a bit more prolonged, his shell's spikes were fully extended and he had more than one tooth.

But whatever, I've long since accepted he's just Bowser jr now.

If you think about it that way though...

Would Bowser Jr look exactly like his dad when he grows up?

Most likely. A child looking exactly like their father isn't terribly uncommon in fiction (especially for stuff like ancestors). Brawl in the Family even pointed that out.

Mcmadness said:
Well, the difference are in the minor details. His armbands still had spikes, his nose was a bit more prolonged, his shell's spikes were fully extended and he had more than one tooth.

The armbands and having more than one tooth are a fair deal, but I don't really think the nose being more "prolonged" or slightly longer shell spikes are really buying points for me, especially when the longer snout was a quirk only in the Super Mario Advance 3 art and the spritework of the original game. Beyond that, he always seemed like Bowser Jr. to me.

Mario Party X said:
Mcmadness said:

The armbands and having more than one tooth are a fair deal, but I don't really think the nose being more "prolonged" or slightly longer shell spikes are really buying points for me, especially when the longer snout was a quirk only in the Super Mario Advance 3 art and the spritework of the original game. Beyond that, he always seemed like Bowser Jr. to me.

Can't speak for the longer sprites, but I feel like Woolly World managed to get the snout (though it might just be my eyes playing tricks on me.

I *think* it may have been just the eyes, but I'm not convinced by longer snout, especially when we have now Bowser's Inside Story art for Bowser Jr. running around. I really don't think the physical differences really exist beyond armbands and teeth amount.

BiSDX_Artwork_-_Bowser_Jr._%28New%29.png

Back