post any random Mario thought on your mind

Looks like Miiverse has made a new community for users to share their thoughts and memories about the service. I actually came across the following drawing, which is quite cute.

WVW69ksHyPYIFCKy9Y

been thinking about the sentence "mario fans are like smokers"

DL3WjBoVoAAPbgG.jpg

Weasel said:
it's a me

dracula

I keep thinking he's saying E.Gadd.

ThatGuy62 said:
It is usually. However, there are a set of 2D Clown Car sprites in the Bowser sprite folder on TSR (unless the Clown Car in PJ uses some weird, complicated, "make a 2D sprite and layer it over the 3D model" technique). I made a little mockup showing a comparison between Bowser's & Junior's.
KUkFKUG.png

I didn't layer Bowser's sprite right (namely the hands) but you get the idea.

I'm annoyed we still have yet to fight Bowser in the clown car in any rpg.

Mcmadness said:
Weasel said:
it's a me

dracula

I keep thinking he's saying E.Gadd.

ThatGuy62 said:
It is usually. However, there are a set of 2D Clown Car sprites in the Bowser sprite folder on TSR (unless the Clown Car in PJ uses some weird, complicated, "make a 2D sprite and layer it over the 3D model" technique). I made a little mockup showing a comparison between Bowser's & Junior's.
KUkFKUG.png

I didn't layer Bowser's sprite right (namely the hands) but you get the idea.

I'm annoyed we still have yet to fight Bowser in the clown car in any rpg.

I'm surprised Nintendo has had such restraint in not going for a double clown car boss fight. Outside of Mario Party 9 and the final battle in Puzzles & Dragons, both Clown Cars have never been used at the same time.
As for not fighting Bowser in it in the RPGs, I'd be more disappointed, but considering Junior hasn't even gotten to the point of using the boxing gloves in the RPGs, I don't think we're be missing much right now.

Glowsquid said:

well uh mario is addictive..?

also, mario owns a cigarette company, Marioro

Glowsquid said:
Wow, I didn't know no level of exposure to Mario is safe; that exposure to Mario fans is strongly associated with a range of respiratory effects and serious diseases, including sudden infant death syndrome; and that exposure is a likely cause of brain tumours, leukaemia, and meningitis in children as well as reductions in the fertility of female offspring and breast cancer in premenopausal adult women.

I'm glad this guy exposed Marioro for its immense funding campaigns to confuse the public about the true dangers of second-hand Mario fans.

Trunks Mario said:
Glowsquid said:
snip

government campaign to expose the grave risks of mario exposure to health

don't mario

Yeah, it starts off feeling great but as time passes it all goes to shit.

Since pretty much nobody was wondering about it, I'll just leave it here:

http://olympicvideogames.com/

https://steep.ubisoft.com/game/it-it/road-to-the-olympics/game-info/index.aspx

The next video game about the Olympics Winter Games is actually an add-on for Steep, developed by Ubisoft.

I wonder if that's due to a sanity moment from SEGA that finally decided to develop the 2020 game in 4 years - which should be the bare minimum - or if they just stopped making Mario & Sonic games altogether...

To be fair, the Mario & Sonic Olympics series has turned stale, as it has always reused the exact same playable characters (not counting guests, as they are all event specific).

Honestly I kinda wish more Mario and Sonic at the [Insert place and year here] Olympic Games titles had more adventure modes much like the DS version of Winter Olympics did. That was easily the highlight of that game for me.

M%26SOWGHeroes.jpg

I think the 3DS version of London 2012 had something like that, but I'm not entirely sure given that I haven't played it yet.

MnSG said:
To be fair, the Mario & Sonic Olympics series has turned stale, as it has always reused the exact same playable characters (not counting guests, as they are all event specific).
Eh, it's not like it needs to do much, just make the rivals playable outside of their event and maybe bring back Winter Games' career mode (though Legends Showdown had some neat, if weird animations during it's ending cutscene like Eggman and Tails dancing).
The bigger crime, in my eyes, is how Rio 2016 handled the Dream Events.

Marie the best squid★ said:
Honestly, I kinda wish more Mario and Sonic at the [Insert place and year here] Olympic Games titles had mode adventure modes much like the DS version of Winter Olympics did. That was easily the highlight of that game for me.
I think the 3DS version of London 2012 had something like that, but I'm not entirely sure given that I haven't played it yet.

Yeah, there is, but it's not 100% like the other one. Basically, you watch a short cutscene and then are presented with a selection of events which you have to beat a certain opponent in using a certain character. You play against some different characters though, such as Fog Impostors, Boos, and I think Rouge at some point? It's pretty good, but I did prefer the Winter Olympics one, as it felt a lot less linear than the London 2012 one. Still fun though. The one in Rio 2016 is more similar to the Winter Olympic one, but it's definitely not as good. And everything is about Miis! It's called Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for a reason, not Miis at the Olympic Games.

I think they ought to do one for 2020 at least, as Japan is where both of the developers are based, it seems like they would want to cover the Olympics in their home country. Hopefully without or limited Miis...

ThatGuy62 said:
The bigger crime, in my eyes, is how Rio 2016 handled the Dream Events.

Yeah, that was pretty rubbish, 3DS, and Wii U. Neither of them were really dream events, they just had extra mini boosts or challenges, that really didn't qualify as dream events. I miss the original ones like dream race, dream kayaking and dream long um form the original. Absolutely nothing like the events but immensely fun.

I've liked the Mario & Sonic games' dream events, if that's anything to go by. I do felt the series stagnated and took steps backwards the more it went on, though.

Marie the best squid★ said:
Honestly I kinda wish more Mario and Sonic at the [Insert place and year here] Olympic Games titles had mode adventure modes much like the DS version of Winter Olympics did. That was easily the highlight of that game for me..
The Adventure Mode (Which I haven't completed yet, so I don't want any spoilers) is easily why Olympic Winter Games on the DS is my favorite Mario and Sonic Olympics game..

That one's my second favourite, I prefer 2012 just for all of the different gameplay modes and controls, but 2010 has the best story. I think Rio 2016 on the Wii U was alright, but the DS was pretty rubbish compared to the ones before.

the rio olympics has some kind of story mode, and a final character roster pic as well (in the 3ds version)

however nothing beats the DS Winter olympics , it was just so fun.

DS Winter Olympics was excellent, especially that story mode. I should replay that at some point.
I can't understand them not wanting to release biannually, that could easily stagnate the series, which we might already be seeing.

I think the novelty wore off once Smash 4 came out, not only did you get Mario and Sonic together, you got them in a context that was more in the platformer scene fans wanted, if not quite there, and was overall better and more imaginative games while the Olympic Games generally had the advantage of having more playabe Sonic characters(and Daisy and Waluigi) but that pretty much became null and void when they restricted the new characters to only certain events, this is like the only sports game that I ever seen do this, why?

Pink Cat said:
I think the novelty wore off once Smash 4 came out, not only did you get Mario and Sonic together, you got them in a context that was more in the platformer scene fans wanted, if not quite there, and was overall better and more imaginative games while the Olympic Games generally had the advantage of having more playabe Sonic characters(and Daisy and Waluigi) but that pretty much became null and void when they restricted the new characters to only certain events, this is like the only sports game that I ever seen do this, why?
The Olympic Games does still have character interactions and a storyline for the handheld versions, whereas Events and trailers to a degree are parts of Smash 4 where the characters can interact with each other.

And the restricting new characters thing baffles me too. Like, I'd understand King Boo not being playable in every event, but Dry Bowser & Eggman Nega not even being optional costume swaps?

Back