post any random Mario thought on your mind

Mcmadness said:
It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it.
The alternate title for the Dream Team giant fights would argue that Size DOES Matter.
In his pants.

It's funny how Bowser Jr went from not being in any RPGs at all to being in pretty much all of them, his amiibo is even compatible with Super Star Saga + Bowser's Minions

Pink Cat said:
It's funny how Bowser Jr went from not being in any RPGs at all to being in pretty much all of them, his amiibo is even compatible with Super Star Saga + Bowser's Minions
It's a bit weird in that Paper Jam and Mario + Rabbids are the only ones he has a presence in. Outside of his stage, he's completely pointless in Sticker Star, and in Dream Team and SS+BM he's not even involved plotwise and is just in there as a bonus.
Even in Paper Jam, he's dropped for the last act of the game.

Don't forget that he doesn't even appear in BIS, wich litterally is a Bowser game :D

And btw,why is there no Odyssey thread?

Semako said:
Don't forget that he doesn't even appear in BIS, wich litterally is a Bowser game :D
Or Paper Mario: Color Splash despite his weapon in his first appearance being a paintbrush.
It'd be like a Mario game about coins without :wario:.
Oh wait...

ThatGuy62 said:
Semako said:
Or Paper Mario: Color Splash despite his weapon in his first appearance being a paintbrush.
Oh wait...
have you heard of New Super Mario Bros. 2? That 3DS game, which nothing was "new" about?

Semako said:
ThatGuy62 said:
Semako said:
Oh wait...
have you heard of New Super Mario Bros. 2? That 3DS game, which nothing was "new" about?
Yes I am aware of New Super Mario Bros 2: The Search For More Money.
That was the joke

ThatGuy62 said:
Semako said:
ThatGuy62 said:
Semako said:
Oh wait...
Yes I am aware of New Super Mario Bros 2: The Search For More Money.
That was the joke

Aw man, did I miss the Spaceballs dlc pack for NSMB2

Me, I'm waiting for the free DLC that is New Super Mario Bros. 2 mods. :P

The Koopa Clown Car in Superstar Saga only faces one direction and that bothers me.
Doubly so since, according to Paper Jam's files, they already have sprites for a 2D sideways clown car.

I thought the clown car in PJ was a 3D object.

Mcmadness said:
I thought the clown car in PJ was a 3D object.
It is usually. However, there are a set of 2D Clown Car sprites in the Bowser sprite folder on TSR (unless the Clown Car in PJ uses some weird, complicated, "make a 2D sprite and layer it over the 3D model" technique). I made a little mockup showing a comparison between Bowser's & Junior's.
KUkFKUG.png

I didn't layer Bowser's sprite right (namely the hands) but you get the idea.

Super Mario RPG parodied Power Rangers/Super Sentei, Paper Mario parodied the Ninja Turtles, if they ever do something like this again, which team is gonna get Mario-fied? Possibly The Avengers but a part of me wants to see a Mario themed Precure

Pink Cat said:
Super Mario RPG parodied Power Rangers/Super Sentei, Paper Mario parodied the Ninja Turtles, if they ever do something like this again, which team is gonna get Mario-fied? Possibly The Avengers but a part of me wants to see a Mario themed Precure
The Mane 6

Team Rocket!

And I just remember the gaming community blowing up over that. Even I think I was a little upset to see Sonic's stupid smirk in Brawl's website.

Yeah, the development cycle hype of Brawl was just as bad as Smash 4, believe me.

Pre release for both games was amazing though.

The speculation and memes ... the internet gives me a great laught every now and then

Specially gamefaqs in 2013-2014

Good times.

I still remember the pre-Brawl hype. I remember eagerly waking up early in mornings to see what Sakurai has posted.

GameFAQs pre March 9, 2008 was a one-of-a-kind event. I remember people losing their *bleep* over R.O.B. and the removal of wave dashing and Subspace Emissary cutscenes.

I still remember the original release date of Brawl, December 4, 2007 and it got pushed to February and then to March.

Also

"you must recover" became a meme as it was a legit post by Sakurai and it seemed like trolling

and I still love that facial expression of Mario getting cooked lol

Swiftie_Luma said:
Pre release for both games was amazing though.

The speculation and memes ... the internet gives me a great laught every now and then

Specially gamefaqs in 2013-2014

Good times.
Smash 4 pre-release memes were wonderful.

Alfonzo, Killager, every quote from Robin's trailer. And that's just the jokes. So many hype reveals. Little Mac, Robin, Greninja, Pac-Man, Palutena, and fucking MEGA MAN.

I miss it.

While I wasn't around for the Pre-Brawl hype train since at the time I only had a Windows 98 desktop and a crappy dial-up connection which heavily hindered my reach of the internet, the Pre-Sm4sh hype train was my first taste of it and it was a pretty fun ride... well all the way up to the chaotic ballot nonsense anyways.

But yeah I remember the first time when I saw the MegaMan trailer, I was at a restaurant watching it on my 3DS while leeching off of their free WiFi gleefully giggling like a maniac trying to contain myself because I was just so excited to see him in Smash.

i remember the time in gfaqs during the 3DS Japanese streams when it was just released.

When every character that had a thropy was ''decomfirmed''

When people still hoped for Ridley

When people were in denial the roster that it was back then was final

All of moments are just summed in 1 acronym to me ...

LMFAO.

I remember the sheer outrage of Dark Pit. People are still salty lol. And someone made a fake Duck Hunt render that looked like the leak to try to disprove the leak.

Back