post any random Mario thought on your mind

winstein said:
I find is really amusing that Mario, of all people, has one of the farthest distance drives in the Mario Golf games. Normally Mario is portrayed as a jack-of-all-trades, but in those games, Mario hits farther than even Wario, a character known to be strong!
He's also easily the most versatile character in the game, given he has no bias in his swings which allows him to manipulate for a fade and draw at will, and they're both one of the highest and farthest in the game.

All of which I completely love because he's who I always use.

Iron Man said:
I see how it is maybe Bowser should get a break from being the main villain

Heh, I'm just pulling your legs.

Magikrazy said:
No, shellcreepers can't be jumped on, and in Japan they're just called "Turtles".
So it's not a prototype of a Koopa Troopa?

And if they are not the same I bet if they ever appear again, they will be able to swim.

Considering how in the 16 bit remakes they were replaced with spinies I doubt we'll be seeing em again

I wonder if they'll ever make another sequel to Mario Bros, the closest we have is Mario Clash.

I wouldn't be opposed to it if they add a proper full adventure like those games

Remember when the hills used to have eyes? Wonder why they stopped doing that?

Double Dash was the peak of the game things having eyes

At least the bananas and flowers still have eyes

Speaking of Bananas, why does Donkey Kong appear to eat cultivated bananas in the wild? That doesn't make any sense.

Baby Luigi said:

Speaking of Bananas, why does Donkey Kong appear to eat cultivated bananas in the wild? That doesn't make any sense.

I miss the eyes but I'm guessing it got harder to do with the leap to 3D.

Perhaps DK cultivates them himself?

Baby Luigi said:

i betcha soon the karts will have eyes

you know its happening

And the wheels, and everything else

Suddenly, that one track from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door that plays in the Petalburg Fields (right?) is in my mind.

winstein said:
Three things:

1) I find is really amusing that Mario, of all people, has one of the farthest distance drives in the Mario Golf games. Normally Mario is portrayed as a jack-of-all-trades, but in those games, Mario hits farther than even Wario, a character known to be strong!
Mario needs to specialize at one point. He needs a freaking break from being balanced and average in 99% of his expansive 100 games+ career.

Well that's who he is. The average stats is the jack of all trades things

And face it, he's the face of video gaming and his own series, beginners would want to gravitate to him so it's perfect that he's not specialized

Baby Luigi said:
Well that's who he is. The average stats is the jack of all trades things

And face it, he's the face of video gaming and his own series, beginners would want to gravitate to him so it's perfect that he's not specialized
Doesn't excuse why he has no special traits in Super Mario 3D World. You know what would be a trait that would be both useful for beginners and pros? Having perhaps one additional health for Mario.

I do understand that Mario is balanced likely for these reasons, but the guy also needs traits to make him a good choice overall. He shouldn't be treated like training wheels like how I feel for him sometimes. Hell, the lightweights in Mario Kart are more beginner-friendly than Mario; go figure.

Sorry but being generally good at everything is like, part of Mario's character. I don't see any characteristic that makes him stand-out statwise from the rest of the Mario cast.

Who is the green critter?
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/2/2e/Air_Assault.Jpg
Looks like a cross of Wart and a Koopaling.

Isn't that a king or whatever turned into a frog?

Back