post any random Mario thought on your mind

Yeah it's one of the cursed kings.

Remember when Mario used to do the victory sign? Wonder why they stopped that?

Mcmadness said:
Yeah it's one of the cursed kings.

Remember when Mario used to do the victory sign? Wonder why they stopped that?
Well, at least his palms aren't facing toward himself.

I think it's because it's too "cutesy"? I don't know.

But Mario is a cute series by nature.

Not kirby levels of cute but it still is

Because smash is serious business, or some shit like that.

Mcmadness said:
Because smash is serious business, or some shit like that.

Yeah, but it's not like other characters don't smile. Hell, one of Marth's victory poses has him smile in the Wii U version. He smiled in 64 and Melee too.

Donatello said:
Would YOU smile if you started out as the most average character in the roster, but then gradually got worse?

Mario is great in Smash 4. Have you seen his combo potential? I wouldn't call him bad.

I want Mario to do the victory sign again, loved that in SM64.

I also want Iggy to have his old look again. I don't care whether he would look too similar to Lemmy, at least he wouldn't have a Floro Sprout growing out of his head.

Glitchy said:
Donatello said:
Would YOU smile if you started out as the most average character in the roster, but then gradually got worse?

Mario is great in Smash 4. Have you seen his combo potential? I wouldn't call him bad.

Haven't played in a while, but I do recall he was better than his Brawl incarnation.

Glitchy said:
The victory sign should be one of his victory poses in Smash Bros. And what's with him never smiling in Brawl/Smash 4?
It's his eyebrows that really ruin him, IMO. He's kind of smiling when he does that fist victory pose in Wii U.

Glitchy said:
Donatello said:

Would YOU smile if you got turned into a trophy the most in the Subspace Emissary, had your voice devoid of life compared to your home games, had your representative home stage be a post-apocalyptic wasteland, be bottom tier below nobodies like Sonic in Barlw, be hit by every newcomer in the Smash 4 reveal trailer, be the punching bag in the Brawl instruction booklet when illustrating Final Smashes, AND be the subject of abuse in those illustrations for the custom special moves?

Mario looks so pissed, but I'd be mad too.

No, they must sound like animals.

Because.

Don't bring logic into this

Junior's a kid, Bowser's an adult. And Junior looks cartoony compared to Bowser.

Also, having a menacing voice helps restore's Bowser's reputation.

Donatello said:
Junior's a kid, Bowser's an adult. And Junior looks cartoony compared to Bowser.

Also, having a menacing voice helps restore's Bowser's reputation.
Bowser's voice is so out of place, it's hard to take it as menacing.

Smash Bowser isn't menacing.

that is

Still doesn't sound menacing. Sounds like he has a sore throat

Donatello said:
I said Bowser's voice was menacing, not Bowser himself.
I guess, but conflated with Bowser, it's not really menacing. If it were on any other monster, it would be more menacing.

Back