post any random Mario thought on your mind

there is no way this horrendous combination voice clip they used + no attempt at lip syncing + godawful timing is legit; it gives me a lot of jank shooter vibes of atrocious voice acting that I watched and laughed at

In Super Paper Mario World/Chapter 5, the Cragnons are the villains and the Floro Sapiens are the heroes. After all, the only reason why the Floro Sapiens captured the Cragnons was because the Cragnons were polluting the Floro Sapiens' water sources, essentially making the Cragnons the real villains of World/Chapter 5.

Last edited:
Nah, I think they're both a bit of a dick. Neither of them used negotiations or even asked about.

That's a fair point. It's too bad that Mario and Company had to get caught up in the conflict between these a-holes just to get the Pure Heart they were after.

kidnapping people is kinda a big no no

it's why bowser does it

but even bowser doesn't brainwash and enslave people which is something the floro sapiens do

Why use negotiations when zero-context violence is an option?
yeah think of how many catastrophes could've been avoided if the complex motives video game character people just sat down and explained their situation rather than just jumping right in and committing questionable acts

What did Bowser even do to convince people that Mushroom Kingdom should be taken over though?

he convinced goombas to turn to him despite originally being subservient to peach's reign (Super Mario Bros.). troopas were also adopted because they felt they were treated poorly by mushroom people (per Kammy Koopa), though i'm willing to concede their choice was based on an attracton towards a leader who looked like them, somewhat.

you see members of the Koopa Troop in PMTOK exalting him at every second despite always losing to a fat plumber. either they're all idiots or bowser's ideals are strongly and insidiously communicated. or both.

this is just an assumption on my part inferred from the little knowledge we have on the troop's origin.

but even bowser doesn't brainwash and enslave people which is something the floro sapiens do

Of course not. People forget he's not just evil, he wants to enjoy himself and rub it in people's faces at the same time. Hard to gloat to someone whose brainwashed. :P

yeah think of how many catastrophes could've been avoided if the complex motives video game character people just sat down and explained their situation rather than just jumping right in and committing questionable acts

even in movies and tv shows this is all too common

it's so common to see a scenario where there's a significant other being forcibly kissed by a clearly belligerent party while their partner gets mad at THEM for thinking they're cheating on them.

If you don't count that time in Paper jam where he enslaved Toads for mining. most of the brainwashing is done by Kamek.

They aren't brainwashed in that game. Just used as slave labor.

That's why I said Kamek does most of the brainwashing.

Pretty sure he only did that like, once or twice at most and it wasn't to the toads in that game.

What if they replaced the Spiny Shell with the Thunder Cloud. It's strictly a first place item.

you can weigh between having to slow down and pass the thing or just take it, have it as a high risk item, and charge ahead, take advantage of shortcuts and breezing through offroad to mitigate the huge downside of being shrunk for a while.

and if that gets too broken what if the cloud zaps you at random counts. it can zap either at second flash count or at fifth flash count, it's random. flash flash zap. or flash flash flash zap. or flash flash zap. now you really need to figure out if the shortcut is worth taking.

What if they allowed first place to get the spiny shell. No one else will get the spiny shell either, but you're effectively without an item. It's an item worse than a coin, until someone passes you anyway. it can help you retain first maybe and have second place think twice before using a shortcut but if you're far in the lead, that thing is stuck to you until a lightning bolt hits. you don't even lose items in Mario Kart 8 as often as you would in Kart Wii.

Last edited:
banger idea for both items tbh

it's not like anyone other than second place actually benefits from launching the spiny shell so relegating it to first place gives it a reason to be used

What if the Spiny Shell still had the badass wings and eerie hiss from Double Dash thru Wii, but it still glided along the ground to hit racers on the way to first? What if getting hit by it was actually more devastating than the red shell again? What if cannons made you invincible again?
Sorry just piggybacking off of LGM.

banger idea for both items tbh

it's not like anyone other than second place actually benefits from launching the spiny shell so relegating it to first place gives it a reason to be used
Well the Spiny Shell is really helpful when it didn't hit JUST first place. Back in Mario Kart 64 it launches everyone like a shell would normally do, but you lose a lot of speed when you're launched so it ends up helping you a ton even if you're like in 5th place. Not easy to dodge either since it moves so fast.

It then gained wings and that's when it's way less useful since it targets first. The resulting explosion can help you maybe but often it's not as good as getting triple greens or mushrooms.

It lost wings again since Mario Kart 7 but when it hits people, the impact isn't strong enough to be useful. Mario Kart 8 in particular, it's less strong than getting hit by a shell. Not very good imo it should at least be as strong as a shell hit but I feel it lacks the power it had in Mario Kart 64.

What if the Spiny Shell still had the badass wings and eerie hiss from Double Dash thru Wii, but it still glided along the ground to hit racers on the way to first? What if getting hit by it was actually more devastating than the red shell again? What if cannons made you invincible again?
Sorry just piggybacking off of LGM.
Yeah that hiss is really creepy. There's no accompanying alarm sound back in the day but I guess they had to include an alarm for people to better hear this.

I also want cannons giving you invincibility again tbh. It was super satsifying blasting through the course and then the lightning bolt hits you and you're unaffected.

Making it just hiss without making the alarm go off would be so sick

And Mario Kart DS. I agree that the alarm that they added since MKWii is too loud and annoying.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please tell me that Super Mario Party did not win Best Mario Party Game in the awards...

The alarm in Mario Kart 8 is significantly toned down and I much prefer it over how obnoxious it was in MKWii.

Please tell me that Super Mario Party did not win Best Mario Party Game in the awards...

It did.

What? No! How does one of the most flawed games in the series get the most votes? And how did Superstars lose to SMP?

Did 10 at least beat a few other MP games?

Back