post any random Mario thought on your mind

I fucking love the Roshambo Temples in Color Splash. The fact that there are 8 of them can only be comparable to divine intervention. Truly reflects the strife of innovation that has been oft-invoked in interviews that address the series' new direction. Thank god for the omotenashi culture that enabled the developers to listen to whoever fucking genius approved RNG mechanics as the sole battle system in those minigames.

Also, waiting. I simply can't overstate how much I love to wait for something to occur in a video game, to feel the battery of my device slowly drain as I watch with anticipation how the ship steers slowly to the right when I have to restart a section in Violet Passage. There were other such junctures in the game, the existence of which I cannot precisely recall at this point in time, but I can confidently state that the problem with Sticker Star was that it didn't have nearly enough of the above.

Last edited:
This video just came out, and it the end, it shows that they actually considered 3D graphics (albeit "2.5D" play) for SMBe (and the 3D checkered floor was the remnant of this idea)! Never knew this at all! (Reminds me of those 3D parts of Super Paper Mario).
Even before SMB3 came out, I was suggesting to Nintendo that SMB3 should be a 3D return to the original SMB (in contrast to the vastly different SMB2), since 3D or 2.5D "bas relief" graphics were the latest fad in classic arcade game revivals such as Pacmania and Blasteroids.

I remember feeling cheated when loading up Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the first time. I was expecting to hear "Super Mario Galaxy 2", but he didn't even say the 2.
It's especially weird because he says "Super Mario Galaxy" in a different way than in the first game, and I believe he has a few new voice clips in the game itself, so it's not like they didn't have an opportunity to record the "2" part.

They are

Alright, everyone, what are some cool lesser known characters in the franchise that you don't see talked about a lot?
I like Jimmy P just for the implications of someone's who's just barely a different person from someone who already exists, it's hilarious

I love the Koopa Kids from Mario Party! Such entertaining little rascals.

I love the Koopa Kids from Mario Party! Such entertaining little rascals.
They are, indeed. While their designs might look off to many for not resembling Bowser Jr. or any other sort of Koopalings, their minion energy is the best part about them. At least they got to be playable before they were retired for good, which is not something several retired Mario characters would get. I get the impression that even when Mario Party was still developed by Hudson, they were already on their way out (you can look no further than Mario Party DS, which is the first game to introduced Bowser Jr and continue to leave out the Koopa Kids from the previous game).

Thank you for reading.

After playing around with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's online races, it's good knowing that the races are actually playable. Whereas, the online races in CTR: Nitro-Fueled! are an absolute train wreck.

Apparently, I've been having thoughts about getting more Lego Mario stuff, especially that of the mystery packs. I'm just getting everything I can cause Series 1 and 2 are gradually beginning to fade out. I feel the same might happen for Series 3 pretty soon despite the fact I own lots of figures from this series.

Mario Kart Tour may suggest King Bob-omb has some alignment with a ninja organisation.

*Him, his gold alt, and the King Bob-omb Mii suit are represented as favoured drivers on the Ninja Hideaway courses (for the regular, R, and T variants). This doesn't have much weight to support the above premise, since someone like Raccoon Mario and Cowboy Wario are treated in a similar manner, but…
*Both King Bo-bum and his gold alt have appeared in the recent Shinobi Pipe alongside two Ninja Shy Guy colours. Could be a mere function of the above point, could be a tie-in to the fact that Gold King Bob-omb and Ninja Guy debuted in the same tour, but it's still kinda telling that these were the only characters featured in a banner with that specific billing.

MKT_Tour66_ShinobiPipe.png

What do you think? Is the Bob-omb factory a Mushroom Kingdom homologue to the Fukushima plant?

free idea for Youtube:
It's Always Sunny audio + 3D Mario animation,
here's who would play who
Untitled drawing (1).png

Last edited:
Are we talking about the live action segments or the animated ones?

Are you talking about the weird accents some characters have? I feel at the time, slapping on a foreign accent to signify a bad guy was the norm, so you can't really say the cartoon was particularly racist.

As I said, I think it was just the time it was made so I suppose they weren't trying to be malicious
Characters from Japan and Native American characters talk in broken English, a statue that appears to be based on Buddha appears in the Indiana Joe episode has a buck tooth for no reason besides being based in Asia

Because the devs didn't feel like putting them in?

Back