post any random Mario thought on your mind

but did you know Splatoon is a more relevant franchise to the Mario series

- one track reused from mario kart 7, which is based on donkey kong country returns, which is no longer relevant due to tropical freeze releasing the same year as mk8

This shouldn't be disappointing. Remember, we got to see Tiki Goons and Screaming Pillars in HD! Also, it's the only DK track in Mario Kart with actual references to any of his games, except for the arcade jungle courses, and it returned in the best Mario Kart game to date!

- one track idk any details abt it i dont play zelda but it has unique coin replacemenrs unlike dk jungle???

I actually prefer DK Jungle to have Mario-like coins instead of something specific (like rupees in the Hyrule track or bells in the AC track) because it puts it in the same repertoire as the other Mario courses, reinforcing that DK is part of Mario's universe.

What especially irks me about the Splatoon representation in Mario Kart is that it has even less history with Mario than other established Nintendo franchises; Kirby comes to mind in my opinion as a Nintendo franchise that should have been repped first. Kirby at least appeared with Mario in Club Nintendo comics, Super Mario kun, and even in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and even referenced Mario a bunch in his games especially Kirby Superstar. Same goes to an extent with Animal Crossing but to be fair Animal Crossing did have Mario furniture since the beginning.

But no. People harp on Mercedes GLA for product placement when the Splatoon one is far more blatant. At least you get an awesome vehicle anyone can use and its DLC was free.

Also you can excuse the gla for being a free update in a game that's lacking a lot in the roster and a bit of bike and atv variety. Splatan came out after Nintendo supposedly had more time to develop, especially after getting additional time to sick us with paid glorified costume swaps being Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach as well as nonMario characters and then screwing over Wii U owners with tieing Dry Bones, Bowser Jr., and King Boo behind an overpriced port. All this time and extra money we give them to remedy a roster with glaring omissions and STILL has glaring omissions.

I don't care whats in Mario Kart anymore since I'll always have the 3 or 4 specific characters I like to use.

discovery of non-straight people in super paper mario
me on discord said:
suddenly posting about paper mario on my own here again what is this magic but i was just poking around the list of implied characters article
Laki was referenced in Super Paper Mario, where he left graffiti stating that he loves both Koopla and Buzzo in Merlee's Mansion's men's restroom.
Koopla is a character, supposedly a Koopa Troopa, whose name signs a graffiti message in Merlee's Basement in Super Paper Mario. The message mentions Koopla's love for Buzzo and Laki.
Buzzo is a character of unknown species addressed by both Laki's and Koopla's graffiti writings in Merlee's Basement in Super Paper Mario. Both of them express their love for Buzzo and each other in their messages.
even if you count the fact that mario generally has an avoidance of lgbt stuff, i do not think theres any way to have this be Entirely Hetero

we only know laki is a dude but the other two can be any genders. and||||yeah there is no way to have this triangle be entirely hetero

Unless it's platonic love. People do that sometimes in those "so and so loves so and so" wall messages.

Nah, Phanto should be more it's own thing, like you get a key and it lasts forever and all you can do is keep passing it to other players.

One of my ideas for a Mario Kart item would be a shell that hones in on the racer one place behind the racer using it, like the opposite of the red shell.

One of my ideas for a Mario Kart item would be a shell that hones in on the racer one place behind the racer using it, like the opposite of the red shell.
I vouch for the return of Chain Chomp to be this. "Release the hounds"
Actually, correction: Bull's-Eye Bill makes the most sense for this, and would spare the programmers a workload.
Bull%27s-Eye_Bill_SMR.png

Super Circuit already had a Red Shell that sorta did that: you drop it behind you and it sits there until it targets a guy. I think first place is already too powerful as it is, though, so I don't see much practical use in it.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr. Journey meanwhile cries itself to sleep.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr. Journey meanwhile cries itself to sleep.
That's not surprising at all though just because you can just play the original Bowser's Inside Story on the 3DS anyway. Another example of when Nintendo's intelligence is deteriorating as at least with Superstar Saga it wasn't already playable on the 3DS (aside for people with that ambassador program)

I think they did Bowser's Inside Story on 3DS as an act of desparation: AlphaDream was operating under losses at the time and is very close to shuttering, so they decided to remake their best-selling game, thinking it would translate to an easy profit.

Back