post any random Mario thought on your mind

yeah there are tracks ported like the sweet sweet canyon one but you're still stuck with the shitty elimination style system

Give us the option to have Balloon Battle be elimination instead of respawns, like the olden days of Mario Kart. Bob-omb Blast isn't the same.

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
YoshiFlutterJump said:
Kirby riding the Warp Star on a full 3-lap N64 Rainbow Road is just legendary.
Yep okay I need them mods.
Kirby + Warp Star can be downloaded here:
https://gamebanana.com/skins/154847

As for the lap counter mod, I followed the instructions of one of the posts on this GameBanana thread (fourth reply by KillzXGaming) to do it manually, and it worked like a charm:
https://gamebanana.com/threads/210246

Keep in mind that for lap counter mods, you will need a decrypted dump (aka "Loadiine Ready") of the game. Hopefully you have one already, but if not, I'd gladly link you to a tutorial to make one.

oh they dropped that scary pacman with sclerae/?
anyway what gender is fludd i dont wana referr to it as an it ... you cant tell anything from the voice really it doesnt sound like either gender. though i did just find out the voice actress is a woman

J — Pony Disguise said:
Give us the option to have Balloon Battle be elimination instead of respawns, like the olden days of Mario Kart. Bob-omb Blast isn't the same.

The original Mario Kart 8 already has that, but its overall Battle Mode was handled very poorly.

MnSG said:
J — Pony Disguise said:

The original Mario Kart 8 already has that, but its overall Battle Mode was handled very poorly.
The elimination style of that was great. The problem was that all the "arenas" were just the linear race tracks from the other modes.

Elimination style is okay as an option, but it was part of the reason Mario Kart 8's battle mode was so bad. It is just not fun to sit out for the remaining few minutes, and there is no way making a comeback if someone decides to throw all items on you. Fireballs, Boomerangs, Triple Greens all ran rampant and can switftly dispatch you while you end up with zero points. I don't play online, but I'm sure those that do have experienced that frustration. Sure, Mario Kart 8 had no invincibility frames to speak of, but I really dobt adding frames would really make a difference when it's way too rewarding to stalk someone with those items. Elimination is worse due to just how luck based Mario Kart is, and those random Green Shells are even more devastating. Sure, in Deluxe, it still can be devastating to lose a whopping half of your points especially if you have a huge number of points, but you get a huge amount of invincibility that gives you a chance to grab an item, and you still can participate.

It's the same issue I have with stock in Smash Bros with more than 2 players at a times, actually.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Elimination style is okay as an option, but it was part of the reason Mario Kart 8's battle mode was so bad. It is just not fun to sit out for the remaining few minutes, and there is no way making a comeback if someone decides to throw all items on you. Fireballs, Boomerangs, Triple Greens all ran rampant and can switftly dispatch you while you end up with zero points. I don't play online, but I'm sure those that do have experienced that frustration. Sure, Mario Kart 8 had no invincibility frames to speak of, but I really dobt adding frames would really make a difference when it's way too rewarding to stalk someone with those items. Elimination is worse due to just how luck based Mario Kart is, and those random Green Shells are even more devastating. Sure, in Deluxe, it still can be devastating to lose a whopping half of your points especially if you have a huge number of points, but you get a huge amount of invincibility that gives you a chance to grab an item, and you still can participate.

It's the same issue I have with stock in Smash Bros with more than 2 players at a times, actually.
Mario Kart 8 Wii U at least lets the eliminated players be a ghost player. Even if you can't win, nothing's more fun than shooting items at other players out of the blue while they can't even see you.

While being a ghost does beat out just sitting there and spawning item boxes or being a bomb cart, It's not fun if you're a surviving player as you tend to face retaliation, so it kind of defeats the point of scoring points and sidelining characters, as you'll get hit and you can't do anything about it. Even worse than wandering Green Shells.

I'd like to see a last man standing mode similar to Shine Runners in Mario Kart DS.

I like Shine Runners, I think it did survival a little better. But main reason I like it more is probably just hearing characters moan in disappointment, especially if there's several of them that tie for last before the timer expires.

eh I think being a ghost is just not as fun as simply respawning and retaliating against the opponent that killed you, since the only items you get are single green shells, bob-ombs, and bananas, all which are ...eh items in battle mode.

LeftyGreenMario said:

Tell that to Arlo.

Arlo isn't supreme authority of opinion.

If I met Mr Arlo I'd have a lot of words for him about some of his opinions.

But then again I have many words about many opinions. It's how I roll.

Mcmadness said:

Can I hear words on my opinion of Baby Luigi

Mcmadness said:

I wonder about that, specifically the "many words" part, since I have never really seen you being so wordy. You're usually quite terse from what I see.

Thank you for reading.

Back