post any random Mario thought on your mind

I actually just beat Croco somehow, wasn't that hard when I learned I just had to keep using Fire Orb.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
It's just that you're not good at RPGs, and you're not going to be good at every genre of game. Despite how much I enjoy platformers I'd game over in Mario games if it wasn't for reset tricks that I can use to keep lives and power-ups, or just infinite 1-Up tricks.
I dunno...I've also played 4 of the 5 M&L games, as well as Color Splash, and I didn't have much issue beating those. I think the problem is less that I suck at RPGs, and more that I suck at strategy games.

Well, M&L games you can circumvent the rpg mechanics with proper timing of dodges.

Most rpgs you can't do that and strategy is the primary way of overcoming challenges.

Ah... strategy.

I love games with that. Beating something in a strategic way makes me feel like such a genius.

Mario + Rabbids just happens to be the first game like that I've ever played.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Speaking of Mario + Rabbids...I feel like I haven't been getting as much enjoyment out of it as I should. I mean, it's just too dang hard! And I say this as someone who loves to let those Easy Mode buttons rot to waste while I cheese the game without it. I think I'm getting started on World 3 right now, but I haven't touched the game in ages, so I'm not entirely sure. I like hard games, but that's only after the satisfaction of beating them. I just can't beat this game. And my 8-year-old brother could. It's a bit shaming, especially considering that I somehow beat The Perfect Run, aka the greatest challenge Mario has ever faced, a few years back.

It's a similar case to Super Mario RPG, where I'm stuck on the literally unbeatable first boss, Croco. I mean, do they really expect me to be at Level 20 that early in the game? It just feels unfair and cheap.
I only beat World 1, but I got a lot of perfects, one good, one fair (but that fair became a perfect after a later playthrough), first part of the game isn't all that bad right now. I mean, yeah, it's not super easy, it gave me a nice challenge, but nowhere did the game feel "too" hard. Tricky at points, yeah, but it's nowhere near things like Xcom or Dark Souls.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
I dunno...I've also played 4 of the 5 M&L games, as well as Color Splash, and I didn't have much issue beating those. I think the problem is less that I suck at RPGs, and more that I suck at strategy games.
That's not a lot of RPGs at all, keep in mind. Mario & Luigi just aren't difficult RPGs, and Mario + Rabbids is decidedly tougher than those games, but it provides less means to cheese and rewards good placement and how you manage moving your characters and all in a turn. Oh, and it's great we have a pleasant soundtrack, because you can spend a lot of time in a turn planning things out, and you don't want Gusty Garden shit drilling into your ears.

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
Mcmadness said:
Most rpgs you can't do that and strategy is the primary way of overcoming challenges.
HE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT TIMED HITS!
you trolling or just being obtuse? can't tell.

So I was just expressing my dislike of Bowsette on /r/Mario, and suddenly I can't log into reddit anymore. I hope this is just a coincidence.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
Mcmadness said:
HE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT TIMED HITS!
you trolling or just being obtuse? can't tell.
I interpreted that as the protagonists of strategy RPGs don't know about timed hits.

Aren't time hits usually not a thing in regular RPGs, just in Mario ones?

Usually not, no. The most famous RPGs I know such as Persona, Dragon Quest, Bravely, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Earthbound, etc all don't have timed hits. I don't think timed hits are that rare of an occurrence outside of Mario RPGs though.

BabyMarioBabyLuigiMKAGP2.png

I don't accept any other answer.

https://luigismansion.nintendo.com/egadd-research-journal/004/?fbclid=IwAR3AmLYwYyfDRN9bOcA7PlqpHTs4K1e1de_stPLJxKZiqzqntistA7MbqHg

You know if he keeps messing with time he's going to create some kind of temporal anomaly at this rate.

Forget that, the Smart Car should be a car in Mario Kart in general.

AGES should be playable in Mario Kart rather than Sonic.

Man das a pretty game.

Back