post any random Mario thought on your mind

I never understood why they did that in the first place. They tried to make him sound like a wild animal and refuse to use his official voice even when it's been established for years. Like I could understand Brawl, that game was trying to be overly gritty and realistic and Kenny James hadn't been doing Bowser for too long at the time either. But Smash 4 had no excuse and this has negative excuse.

Also for Grambi's sake, let Charles Martinet go all out with his voices for Mario and Luigi. It's out of character for Mario to always sound grumpy and angry and serious. Where's the energetic Wahoo, Let'sa Go, Yippee, Wahaa, Here we go!'s?

member when dk and bowser had the same wiimote voice clip in brawl for some reason

Fawful with a Monster in Peach's Castle said:
I never understood why they did that in the first place. They tried to make him sound like a wild animal and refuse to use his official voice even when it's been established for years. Like I could understand Brawl, that game was trying to be overly gritty and realistic and Kenny James hadn't been doing Bowser for too long at the time either. But Smash 4 had no excuse and this has negative excuse.

Also for Grambi's sake, let Charles Martinet go all out with his voices for Mario and Luigi. It's out of character for Mario to always sound grumpy and angry and serious. Where's the energetic Wahoo, Let'sa Go, Yippee, Wahaa, Here we go!'s?
that's my point, Smash Bros. doesn't know what it wants to be, being both a ridiculous Weeny Hut Jr. (Bowser's taunts, Mario facial expressions, cartoon particle effects) or a Salty Spitoon (Bowser and Mario's voices, Giga Bowser, Master Core, Mario's hellish depiction in the initial trailer). For a lack of a better way of calling it.

Glowsquid said:
member when dk and bowser had the same wiimote voice clip in brawl for some reason
didn't know because I was busy spamming Kirby to relive the Melee experience somewhat

Man, I can't imagine how hard it must be to be on that server of Waluigi fans who hold an absolute grudge against Daisy just because she came before the other guy.

I mean, I wanted Waluigi too, see, but Daisy is also nice, and I can live with that. Can't say if NB himself is one of those obsessed fans who will go to great milestones to achieve their goals in the way these other guys do it, hopefully not. I doubt it though, he's a nice guy. His fans maybe are the problem.

i think the issue they don't see is that yes, Daisy is orange Peach and yes she isn't really important but she is harmless and her addition appeals to the casual fans of the party games.

Surely this was the easiest way to please a good chunk of the Mario fanbase without losing to much time.

Waluigi would have required a ton more work and it's possible this wasn't in Sakurai's plans at all for whatever reason.

It wasn't NB himself, just a few fans. But it was enough to get me worked up, and I don't like that side of me. :eekdance:

I wouldn't say they have a grudge against Daisy. I think the problem is they have Waluigi on a rather high pedestal. A memoryman3 type of pedestal.

But seriously, we got every Smash character, plus cool bonuses, what more do you want? Also I believe there are even one ore two more newcomers to be revealed. Don't know, I just have that feeling.

Iron Man said:
But seriously, we got every Smash character, plus cool bonuses, what more do you want?

i want new Rosalina voice lines that match her character recorded by Laura Faye Smith herself but i guess we can't always get what we want!

not that it matters, Mario characters area basically confirmed to keep using the Smash 4 lines.

Princess Mario said:
that's my point, Smash Bros. doesn't know what it wants to be, being both a ridiculous Weeny Hut Jr. (Bowser's taunts, Mario facial expressions, cartoon particle effects) or a Salty Spitoon (Bowser and Mario's voices, Giga Bowser, Master Core, Mario's hellish depiction in the initial trailer). For a lack of a better way of calling it.
I think Sakurai claimed that the realistic voices for Diddy, DK and Bowser "made sense". I might be misremembering that one though.
The others, aside from the voices are more explainable: Giga Bowser was made in response to Sakurai noticing that Bowser's design was getting "cutesier" during the N64 era and is meant to represent retro Bowser, Master Core is just another product of Masahiro "Kirby/Kid Icarus Uprising" Sakurai, and Mario's just got his game face on (like a less tongue-in-cheek version of Super Mario Strikers).

It doesn't "made sense" because that's not how they actually sound like. If they want to butcher those character voices, why not also change Yoshi's and Bowser Jr.'s as well?

The same spot we got recording for spiky monster turtles, of course.

Alex95 said:
Anyone got a recording of dinosaur noises from millions of years ago?
doesn't have to be from millions of years ago

if you live in a neighborhood with mockingbirds, just walk outside and record :) if you want to get technical about dinosaur noises anyway

but yes why not give pikachu realistic mouse noises or greninja realistic frog noises

game is still in development and in beta stages so i expect many changes.

Though, it's more than expected DLC characters and Mario characters will still have Smash 4 voice clips.

im willing to bet they only did it for the young ike/old ike gimmick.

and since they were also giving Marth an english voice then well.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
It doesn't "made sense" because that's not how they actually sound like. If they want to butcher those character voices, why not also change Yoshi's and Bowser Jr.'s as well?
For Yoshi I guess it's because he doesn't really act like a dinosaur at all whereas Diddy has some chimp moves and DK and Bowser are monstrous powerhouses.
Junior would fall under this too since he's the least animalistic of the non-humans.

All of this falls flat when you realize these are cartoon characters, not realistic animals.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
All of this falls flat when you realize these are cartoon characters, not realistic animals.
True, but I'm just hazarding guesses about Sakurai's thought process.

But there is the fact that Bowser in Smash looks way less cartoonish than in any other game, especially when we get Giga Bowser in the mix. Yoshi, however, is the same adorable dinosaur from every good ol' Mario game.

Back