post any random Mario thought on your mind

The early Mario Parties seem to be more reliant on quick memorization and reaction time, neither which I'm a fan of. Mario Party 2 had its share of garbage like Abandon Ship, Bowl Over, and Crane Game, so I don't know how people think it's any much superior over the later ones.

It wasn't until Mario Party 3 that items were really properly introduced, and really, a good item system is a huge contributor to a good Mario Party experience.

Oh yeah, the items felt pretty scarce. That doesn't bother me too much, but it's still not as good as items in the later games.

New Super Mario Bros. DS is the only NSMB game I have yet to play, and I've been wondering whether I should get the original DS version or the Wii U VC version. The Wii U version is definitely cheaper, although I've seen VC completely destroy some DS games like YIDS. I’m sure the DS version is better, but the Wii U version is a whole lot cheaper.

I’ve seen some YouTube videos for NSMBDS on VC, and here’s what I know:
-Single Player looks just fine.
-Mario vs Luigi mode won’t work on VC.
-Minigames seem fine in single player, although multiplayer won’t work on VC.
-Multiple display methods available, as well as restore points.
-$9.99

In contrast, here’s the advantages to the DS version:
-All modes work perfectly
-No restore points
-Portable
-Much higher cost, even used; may require extensive price scavenging (like I'm having to do with Mario Sunshine)

So my question is, just how playable is this game on VC? It doesn’t seem nearly as broken as YIDS on VC, but is it worth the extra money to get this on DS?

Unlike other games on the Wii U virtual console, DS games do render properly, meaning you can get the intended experience better then other games on the Wii U virtual console.

It really doesn't matter too much which version you play, I'd play the DS version, but only because I prefer playing games on the console they were intended for.

You know how Super Paper Mario tells you only Mario can flip? Well that was a lie. If the box art wasn't evidence enough that is.

Isn't memory editing a wondrous thing? You can't flip back into 2D if the game is in a locked state of 3D mode. The downside is that I didn't have the Flopside pit clear so there was a lot of lost HP.

Fawful with a Monster in Peach's Castle said:
You know how Super Paper Mario tells you only Mario can flip? Well that was a lie.
The NPCs can "accidentally" flip out (pun intended) so saying only Mario can flip is an outright lie, and that Mario can get hurt while the residents don't is complete bollocks. Whoever granted him the ability to flip must've really screwed up.

Bestovius ain't the brightest bulb out there, his "hairy magnificence" is only magnificent in that it’s the weirdest I’ve seen.

You know that flip stuff was pretty cool.

Pity they didn't focus on it and instead bogged the game down with a bunch of other stuff that barely gets used.

Wait...

If Mario gets his own card, he can flip for an infinite period of time...

So did these NPCs also get their own card?

Princess Mario said:
Fawful with a Monster in Peach's Castle said:
You know how Super Paper Mario tells you only Mario can flip? Well that was a lie.
The NPCs can "accidentally" flip out (pun intended) so saying only Mario can flip is an outright lie, and that Mario can get hurt while the residents don't is complete bollocks. Whoever granted him the ability to flip must've really screwed up.
Who knows, Red may have been taking damage from being in 3D, he was just in bed the whole time to fully heal because beds do that in RPGs :P

There's still one thing tho.

If Peach, Bowser and Luigi use the down button on the D-pad to use their special abilities, then how are they gonna move towards the camera in 3D? Are abilities like, disabled in 3D?

this is a random thought but I thought that was "Mario's crotch" and I had to stare at it and realize, "oh, you mean ducking 'crouch'"

Princess Mario said:
this is a random thought
post any random thought on your mind

Also, we know you like Mario A LOT so how do we know that wasn't a Freudian slip?

Probably.

For a moment I think I saw "Mario's couch" too and I think I was like "a crotch couch?"

:bowser: -> Bowser

:bowjr: -> Bowsy

:drybow: -> Bowsitos

Also Dry Bowser has his original voice in Mario Party 10, I'm pretty sure.

My first thought was "Bowsitos" was a portmanteau of Bowser and frito, the Spanish word for fried. So I thought "Fry Bowser?"

After reading Treasure Trove's post on it, I need to agree that it's odd for it to be officially said that they introduced Waluigi since they didn't want to make a Wapeach to be Wario's doubles partner when Captain Syrup in many ways could be labeled Wario's Anti-Peach and so could've been there in Mario Tennis 64 instead of going through the trouble of making up an Anti-Luigi. Not that I'm complaining mind you since I approve of what's been done with Waluigi from Power Tennis up but still.

I'm glad Mario has good taunts in Ultimate.

Now if they'd just do away with Bowser's little drunken stumble...

Weasel said:
I'm glad Mario has good taunts in Ultimate.

Now if they'd just do away with Bowser's little drunken stumble...
I'm gonna be disappointed if Bowser still has his throat infection rather than the Kenny James voice clips.

Back