post any random Mario thought on your mind

Baby Luigi said:
Don't remind me of the days where Mario had a Dance Dance Revolution spin-off and a guest appearance in SSX On Tour and NBA Street.

Now to think of it, I think those guest appearances in those EA Sports titles are far stranger than Mario + Rabbids.
Which is why we need more of them.

My face when i realise i missed one minigame to complete minigame island 100% in first place on Top 100...

that minigame is Bowser Big Blast...

kfeeyBB.png

Not to mention the millisecond of complete dread that washes over you between the moment of when you picked a switch and whether or not the Bowser bomb is going to go off.

it's a lot of fun with friends though.

I find it funny how Rabbid Kong chews on a banana to restore health. Just his expression when he does it makes me laugh.

And yes, this game's actually better than I could've ever expected.

MnSG said:
Bowser's Big Blast is just pure cancer with its luck factor.

It is not.

MnSG said:
I've seen you compare it to cancer a second time and please stop, will you?

NanoRim said:
Not to mention the millisecond of complete dread that washes over you between the moment of when you picked a switch and whether or not the Bowser bomb is going to go off.
My best moment with the game was when I was first in line to pick a switch and it was a safe one, but the next three CPUs all conveniently chose the right one for me too. ;)

I'd like to point out that Bowser's Big Blast/Bigger Blast usually has enough safe switches for the remaining players (at the beginning of the round there are five switches, when three people remain there are 4, etc.) whereas minigames like Cut From The Team have a finite amount of ropes, meaning you might get stuck and forced to pick a trigger rope eventually.
Did I mention how much I hate Cut From The Team yet?

Cut from the Team has one of the most hilarious death sequences out of luck minigames though.

As true as that is, that's the only thing it has going for it.

Well compared to other luck minigames such as Cheep Cheep Chance and Lucky Lineup, having the minigame be overly violent is indeed a huge advantage.

Isn't Bowser's Big Blast the only "pick an option and hope you don't lose" mini-game in Mario Party 100 anyway?

i mean , what im saying is that when having first place in luck based minigame is mandatory then is annoying, hence why i mentioned minigame island.

If not , then it's just fun. It can be frustrating but it can be fun.

I was certainly not happy when i got blown away on the FIRST turn but then i laughted when i was the last one to go up there and all 3 CPU before me triggered the bomb so i won without having to actually play.

It can go both ways.

I don't see why luck based minigames are automatically cancer. Mario Party ain't exactly an eSports game (though I would fucking love if it was, that would be hilarious). There's luck in board games, live with it. You know how boring it would be if it was all just skill based? The most skilled player would win pretty much every time, and my family wouldn't want to play with me.

There's a point where luck goes too far and thankfully, Fortune Spaces haven't returned since Mario Party 6 and should stay that way.

Magikrazy said:
I don't see why luck based minigames are automatically cancer. Mario Party ain't exactly an eSports game (though I would *bleep*ing love if it was, that would be hilarious). There's luck in board games, live with it. You know how boring it would be if it was all just skill based? The most skilled player would win pretty much every time, and my family wouldn't want to play with me.
They should have an option like in Mario Party 4 to either include it or not though to be fair, I think losing 50 coins from a luck-based battle minigame is kind of nothing if you're THAT skilled to that point.

I know there is an option to include games only from a specific set, maybe in future installments they could improve that system a little to separate the luck games from the skill ones.

Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:

It is not.

You don't know which switch sets off the bomb though. And if you're required to finish in 1st place, then you may end up heading towards rage-quit town if luck is always against you.

Magikrazy said:
I don't see why luck based minigames are automatically cancer. Mario Party ain't exactly an eSports game (though I would *bleep*ing love if it was, that would be hilarious). There's luck in board games, live with it. You know how boring it would be if it was all just skill based? The most skilled player would win pretty much every time, and my family wouldn't want to play with me.

Sometimes it just feels better to win with skill than having to rely on lady luck. Mob Sleds may heavily favor the team of three, but the solo player can still win if he/she can stay clear of the Cooligan sleds.

You don't know which switch sets off the bomb though. And if you're required to finish in 1st place, then you may end up heading towards rage-quit town if luck is always against you.

i can relate.

i mean i restarted like 10 times and the worst part is that if you quit in-game , it takes a life out of you.

I needed to quit the game then enter again from the 3DS menu.

So annoying.

A similar thing happened with HIDE AND GO BOOOOM , really annoying.

Remember that one adventure book where the story could possibly end with Mario accidentally killing Luigi?

It was for kids too, if I recall correctly.

I'll invite Yoshi to the next Mario Party event and force him to play Heat Stroke.

Back