post any random Mario thought on your mind

When I accessed the eShop today just to get the Mario Party description, I was greeted with this:

dFyNzOZ.png

I'm freaked out.

I had a weird ass dream last night where they announced a new Paper Mario game and the premise was that the mushroom kingdom was being invaded by an army of synchronized blooper swimmers.

I wasn't on anything I swear.

Mcmadness said:
I had a weird ass dream last night where they announced a new Paper Mario game and the premise was that the mushroom kingdom was being invaded by an army of synchronized blooper swimmers.

That would be a great story for a Paper Mario game, I give it to you.

I would say you were playing too much Star Rush but you probably weren't playing Star Rush.

Well it would be a better story than the third game, and the 4th game, maybe the 5th game.

It's better than all the other stories in my opinion. Because it's so weird but also Mario weird.

Mcmadness said:
Well it would be a better story than the third game, and the 4th game, maybe the 5th game.

That's debateable.

Can't we agree that it's a better story than Super Paper Mario's (which is a better love story than Twilight)

Mcmadness said:

I don't know about an entire premise, but I could see a chapter being based around that concept
Complete with the return of Gooper Blooper.

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:

That's debateable.

Can't we agree that it's a better story than Super Paper Mario's (which is a better love story than Twilight)
That's implying Super Paper Mario is that high of a bar.

I think Mario Party has the best stories for a Mario game, mostly because the stories never took themselves seriously and they have the right amount of stupidity to convey the overall mood of the Mario Party series. In terms of how fitting they are, Mario Party probably has the best.

I'm sad that Star Rush and Top 100 doesn't have a story. We need more bubble machines, cruise vacations without Bowser being invited, and "free eats can't beat" type stories.

It is a shame because, in spite of the corny (but occasionally more interesting than usual) premises, the Mario Party games did feel like they had decent writing (or, at least, fittingly corny/stupid) like in Mario Party 9's Bowser cutscenes.

:bowser::Watching these Mini Stars is like taking a tiny vacation...

Nowadays, you have stuff like Bowser being locked in the gamepad with no explanation or justification.

Honestly i never noticed how mild and funny the MP dialogue was until now.

Out of boredom i started played the n64 ones again , from the start (new data).

So i started story mode, and noticed several speeches the cast have that i find it pretty funny.

Such as in Mario Party 2, after beating all the boards you get to play Bowser Land, so Baby Bowser and Bowser kidnap Toad.

Baby Bowser and Bowser literally drag Toad from the room and Baby has the audacity to say : ''Oh you were looking for Toad, errrm he has a cold , he is very sick so he can't come , but forget about that , there's a new park available so check it out"

or something like that , pretty funny because i didn't really remember all that mess.

I will forever appreciate Mario Party Advance for giving us what is probably the best Bowser line:

tumblr_n01yvxun5B1svhhs6o1_500.png

As I said once before, I'm not huge on story in Mario but I can at least appreciate context for why crap is happening.

The last 3 Mario Parties didn't even give us that.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I still want Rosalina to be the hostess for a Party game.
It's kinda weird they didn't do that for that one rocket board in Island Tour.
Instead, she was just kinda there.

Shame Rosalina wasn't playable in IT.

I would have so much fun mimicking her lines in that one minigame like i secretly do sometimes because im extra and i need jesus

Either way, im glad she sticks being playable , obviously.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I still want Rosalina to be the hostess for a Party game.

Yeah it just doesn't feel right to see Rosalina not have any kind of dialogue whenever she's playable.

MnSG said:
Yeah it just doesn't feel right to see Rosalina not have any kind of dialogue whenever she's playable.
Oh, your favorite character not having any kind of dialogue, tell me about it, man.

LeftyGreenMario said:
MnSG said:
Oh, your favorite character not having any kind of dialogue, tell me about it, man.
YAHOO

*stares blankly*

*jumps like an idiot*

*squawks*

Toad: He's saying he loves you and wants a cracker!

If it’s a bird, then wether Mario is a bird or not is the actual question in that case.

It says something that, with the way powerups have been going, that is a legitimate question.

those birbs
200px-Bird_%28Super_Mario_3D_Land%29.PNG

7HHL2KwoSwyG904e1X9J6w.png

they dont have legs
theyre like opposite moas
is there an evolutionary purpose to this
were they swifts at some point but threw away legs completely
what

how do they take off from the ground

Back