post any random Mario thought on your mind

Glitchy said:
The only hacker I encountered in Mario Kart Wii was a guy playing as a different coloured Yoshi.

Is it because you have a different colored Yoshi?

It's not supposed to show up online to you.

You have to remember it wrong.

The only way to see a character with a different texture in Mario Kart Wii is if you have the same texture file yourself.

Sometimes I wonder how the present would be different for some of the Mario games if they weren't going to be Mario. Yoshi's Cookie is an example: it used to be Hermetica, but it was converted into a Yoshi game. Likewise, Dr. Mario was called Virus.

Thanks for reading.

Glitchy said:
Splatoon is just the opposite. It was going to be Mario, but they wanted a new IP so they changed it to its own thing.

I think this is pretty much well-known at this point since it's been mentioned really often in more recent times, being that it's mentioned while the internet is widespread, even Do You Know Gaming put this one up before this game released. If you want an older (and less-known) example, look no further than Legend of Zelda. It was going to be Mario Adventure.

Anyway, would Virus have been popular if Mario's name weren't used for it? Likewise, would Hermetica be a noteworthy game if it weren't for Yoshi?

Thanks for reading.

Mario Party Σ said:
yoshiking14x said:
Hackers/cheaters ruined the fun of Mario Kart 7. They are everywhere, I keep looking for normal racers but I keep seeing the same racers. They are invulnerable to items, recover quickly from falls, teleport and they win even if I get 1st place. I won 1st place and I end up in 6th place. This made me want to stop racing worldwide.
Uh, nobody's hacking.

It's lag. You're teleporting and recovering from falls quickly to them too.
But... but... why is it happening so often?

yoshiking14x said:
Mario Party Σ said:
yoshiking14x said:
Hackers/cheaters ruined the fun of Mario Kart 7. They are everywhere, I keep looking for normal racers but I keep seeing the same racers. They are invulnerable to items, recover quickly from falls, teleport and they win even if I get 1st place. I won 1st place and I end up in 6th place. This made me want to stop racing worldwide.
Uh, nobody's hacking.

It's lag. You're teleporting and recovering from falls quickly to them too.
But... but... why is it happening so often?
Because lag is a thing of life if you're playing Mario Kart online.

Teleporting and place whacking out are mostly Mario Kart issues though.

So in my absence I've been indulging in Sonic games and I still hope we get a platformer crossover someday.

Mcmadness said:
So in my absence I've been indulging in Sonic games and I still hope we get a platformer crossover someday.
Same here, so what do you think the final boss will be? Bowser and Eggman inside of a giant robotic Bowser? Some orignal boss? what?

if there's some "uberly powerful boss" that usurps bowser and eggman then count me out

Mcmadness said:
I trust Nintendo to develop platformers more than Sonic.

Baby Luigi said:
if there's some "uberly powerful boss" that usurps bowser and eggman then count me out

Don't suggest such a disgusting notion in my presence thank you very much.

Knowing Eggman thats exactly what would happen

guys

what if it was

alex kidd

That sounds awesome, but only if Eggman gets what fans want from him first.

Kinda sad that Eggman is supposed to be a genius and yet it's Bowser who finally got the one-up over one of those one-off bad guys.

Mcmadness said:
Kinda sad that Eggman is supposed to be a genius and yet it's Bowser who finally got the one-up over one of those one-off bad guys.
Robotnik is just into robotics. He is not the all knowing like he thinks.
To make it more Mario, I wonder what's Rosalina and Nabbit's main skills in the Rio olympic games.

I don't understand why some platformers still have the use power-up button be the same button as the run buttom. From a control standpoint, it made sense in the NES days since there were only like 4 buttons on the controller and two of those were pausing buttons. But it doesn't seem too logical now. And I seriously don't think it'd be overpowered, because let's be honest here, why would it be?

yoshiking14x said:
Mcmadness said:
Robotnik is just into robotics. He is not the all knowing like he thinks.
To make it more Mario, I wonder what's Rosalina and Nabbit's main skills in the Rio olympic games.
Skill and Speed likely. That respectively of course.

There better be some Mario sports games announced at e3.

if it's another mario platformer i'll be severely disappointed

LN1 said:
I don't understand why some platformers still have the use power-up button be the same button as the run buttom. From a control standpoint, it made sense in the NES days since there were only like 4 buttons on the controller and two of those were pausing buttons. But it doesn't seem too logical now. And I seriously don't think it'd be overpowered, because let's be honest here, why would it be?
I like how it is. I rest my thumb on the b and y buttons, and no other buttons need pressing during a level (besides the shoulders, that is).

Back