Nintendo Switch

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Let's just hope that the positive feedback from one person doesn't get overshadowed by the negative feedback that'll probably show up later on.

It looks like you can set your User ID now at accounts.nintendo.com

I've registered my username (winstein) because I think it's bound to be taken sooner than later (it's not a terribly unique name). If you have a user name that you want to take, it's best to reserve it now. Note: 6 characters is the minimum.

Thanks for reading.

I heard the battery life of the switch will be 2-3 hours.

well, that depends on the game and the screen brightness

yeah um showed me that a little bit ago

now you see the switch

now you cant

fun fact: there's little more than a week left to launch and we still know nothing about backwards comparability and virtual console support

backwards compatibility

I thought they already confirmed that you can't play wii u or 3ds games on the switch? that's why wii u games like mario kart, splatoon, and lego city undercover are getting ports within the first year pf the system

they could release them as downloads onto their 32gb hard drive

xbox one has a similar program, except with actually good storage

Lakituthequick said:
The Legend of Zelda is also translated in Dutch for all on-screen texts (voices still English), as announced by Eiji Aonuma in a video.
It is really funny to watch a Japanese person try to talk Dutch (opening and closing greets).
Coming back to this, they (obviously) uploaded that video to their YouTube channel as well. Here it is if you are interested.
Opening: "Hallo allemaal, ik ben Eiji Aonuma" ("Hello everyone, I am Eiji Aonuma"), closing: "Bedankt allemaal" ("Thanks everyone").

Still hear the chuckles going through the audience when he started.

I'm really excited for the Nintendo Switch, but I'm sad that your basically going to be required to buy a larger memory card due to Nintendo once again shorting us with the bare minimum on memory space.
:( sad times in the mushroom kingdom :(

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/23/nintendo-switch-no-virtual-console-at-launch

this is looking more and more like a rush job every day

"downloads in the background, is designed to install quickly and doesn't disrupt gameplay."

wat if you only download games from the eshop? :(
:( sad days in the mushroom kingdom. :(

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/23/14704126/nintendo-switch-control-options-pro-controller

this and other reviews I've read suggest that playing with the joycons isn't going to be very good for serious gameplay

Cloud Strife said:
How can you be surprised? They tried very hard to kill the Wii U quickly, and it shows.

Cloud Strife said:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/23/nintendo-switch-no-virtual-console-at-launch

hurr durr we can't put a library of roms on sale from day 1 because reasons

glad i chose to wait
wake me up when splatoon 2 is out so i can stay fresh

how is everyone getting their switch if u didn't preorder I'm assuming most peoe are gonna wait for Mario in 6 month but I'm gonna try GameStop at midnight and if that fails go to best buy before they open

Back