Nintendo Switch

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
I'm going to a Mediamarkt right after work to see if they have 'em in store. Might even pick up Zelda while at it.

I am surprised the Switch is actually smaller than the Wii U gamepad, that's good for playing in the bed.

I'm going to my local Gamestop right before it opens... in hopes that they have any Switches to walk in and buy.

Switch is like NES Classic all over again, from what I'm reading. You have to pray and hope your Gamestop even has more than 10 Switches. I've been hearing of stores carrying a whopping three Switches. THREE. Or TWO.

Apparently a GameStop near me will be stocked with a few Switch consoles in addition to those pre-ordered, but they will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. They will be opening 5 minutes early on the third, and hopefully there won't be five billion and a half people there so I might actually nab one.

GBAToad said:
Cloud Strife said:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/23/nintendo-switch-no-virtual-console-at-launch

this is looking more and more like a rush job every day
hurr durr we can't put a library of roms on sale from day 1 because reasons

glad i chose to wait
wake me up when splatoon 2 is out so i can stay fresh

A console not launching with all it's online features day 1? This is truly a new and surprising thing that only ever happens to Nintendo consoles.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Switch is like NES Classic all over again, from what I'm reading. You have to pray and hope your Gamestop even has more than 10 Switches. I've been hearing of stores carrying a whopping three Switches. THREE. Or TWO.
I think they confirmed they only initially launched with 2 million units

It's not surprising that many stores are getting so little supply aside from pre-order considering that a) this is a worldwide launch, b) Gamestop is certainly not going to be the only store chain to get extras, and c) they produced 2 million Switches but have recently claimed they're upping production after the positive reaction. The Wii U overstock probably burned and scared them so they went for a more conservative number.

If you're planning on going to a store to buy a Switch without a pre-order, you pretty much have to camp out there the day before if you really want to have any chance of getting it day one.

I mean people waited hours before a store's opening for amiibo, I'm pretty sure they'll wait for a new console.

lol bad infomercial characters exist for real

those comments though

While you're at it Cnet, you should make another video where you smash a glass window with a hammer and complain about how fragile the window is.

perfection

i think the point is mostly that if there's any sort of motion, the thing will fall over

ive heard this from a lot of reviewers, if you accidentally bump into a table or whatever it's likely to break

then maybe they should've recorded that actually happening instead of fidjeting around like a parkinsons-afflicted drunk

What a lot of people online seem to be saying about the Switch:
"It has a bunch of problems; why won't Nintendo say anything about online functionality? It's just a Zelda machine right now. But I'm still getting it."

i love this. will make emulation much easier if it is supported.

Midnight launch tonight but I'm most likely just going to wait until morning to pick up my pre-order

So close now

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/nintendo-switch-day-one-brings-192125934.html

But there’s something else easily overlooked in the friend code hullabaloo, which is that friend codes are just one of four ways the Switch lets you pull together a coterie. With the day one update, the Switch also lets you search for physically nearby or “local” users (by swapping colored card suit symbols), or by selecting from a list of “users you played with” (after you’ve done so in whatever game).

And most important of all? By adding “suggested friends” drawn from smartphone apps like Miitomo and Super Mario Run.

Back