Nintendo Switch

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Haha, I can't tell either. It's a unique thing to Nintendo and it's why we create an verb out of Nintendo. To "Nintendo" is to do something so delightful, confident, and innovative in its stupidity and out-of-touch behavior that you just question if it's oblivious incompetence or idiotic malice and contempt.

im sure that will be assed too, only certain games will be region free

Zae Eildus said:
im sure that will be assed too, only certain games will be region free

this will probably be like the ps3 again where all games are region free

except for persona 4 arena

Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:
it could be worse is a pretty *bleep* defense

it can always be worse by that's not an excuse for giving you less than a tenth of the space of every other goddang console

don't like, 32 gb SD cards cost a very small amount these days?

oh wait, they're making overpricced nintendo branded ones. welp.
I'd really like to know if it's true that the switch console on its own is $300 and upgraded to $450 for all the other accessories (charging dock, pro controller, online, at least one game, sd cards, other stuff I can't think of at the moment)

if it is then rip all the money I've been saving for the last 2 years

Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:

it can always be worse by that's not an excuse for giving you less than a tenth of the space of every other goddang console

I think you can still use normal SD cards though. Right...?

In any case, I have a great solution to the storage problem: buy physical games! :P

You say "buy physical games", but triple AAA games nowadays require an installation to play the game. Only a matter of time before Nintendo invents even worse shit like installing the game and having your eShop account have a data size limit of what games you can buy.

nintendo isn't AAA gaming lel

Other companies do do this, but I guess I'll just wait and see if Nintendo will do the game thing, but so far, they haven't.

winstein said:
If you're playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, could you check the weight classes of the new characters? The characters are Inkling Boy, Inkling Girl, King Boo, Dry Bones and Bowser Jr.

Also, for the "+" button, could you check and see if it's can be pressed like a d-pad, or is it a flat button (goes all the way down wherever you press)?

I would have also liked to hear the voices of the characters in Puyo Puyo Tetris, but I imagine it's going to be difficult to explain them when you might not be familiar with the franchise.
Noted. I do think that the plus and minus buttons are both binary and only shaped like that to make them distinct, but I'll see what they do.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Ah, the age-old "Nintendo systems are less powerful and therefore not as good" argument. Unless you mean something else by that.

Not sure why people are losing their shit over the overpriced Nintendo/HORI sd cards. It's not like they're pulling a Vita and forcing only proprietary Nintendo cards to be compatible with the Switch. Only suckers are going to buy them anyways.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. I know I'm not going to waste my money on those branded cards and will go for the alternative, cheaper cards. No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Cid Highwind said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

well if nintendo isnt aaa i am honestly not sure what else would even qualify for that
when I think aaa I think the shit like Halo, Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Tomb Raider, Call of Duty, The Witcher, Fallout, Overwatch. You know, the equivalent is blockbusters. I think the analogy of Nintendo games would be something like animated films.

But definitions, definitions, we can spend all day arguing. I just find "Nintendo games" and "AAA games" aren't usually associated with each other.

Guzma said:
Not sure why people are losing their *bleep* over the overpriced Nintendo/HORI sd cards. It's not like they're pulling a Vita and forcing only proprietary Nintendo cards to be compatible with the Switch. Only suckers are going to buy them anyways.
My question is why would they create propriety SD cards in the first place? It seems like there's a catch that would make non-proprietary SD cards inferior in some way, and that makes me very suspicious.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I think the analogy of Nintendo games would be something like animated films.

Pixar/Disney/Dreamworks movies aren't blockbusters?

My question is why would they create propriety SD cards in the first place? I

Because money

t seems like there's a catch that would make non-proprietary SD cards inferior in some way, and that makes me very suspicious.

Or they're simply applying the age-old mercantile trick of billing premium on brand name for an identical product

idk, the meaning is garbled, but I don't see Nintendo games (and animated films) taken as seriously as the other media (in the awards at least). While they do get awards, I don't think they're treated quite in the same caliber.

But that's just me.

AAA game is a vague word like blockbuster, I have to concur with that.

Glowsquid said:
t seems like there's a catch that would make non-proprietary SD cards inferior in some way, and that makes me very suspicious.

Or they're simply applying the age-old mercantile trick of billing premium on brand name for an identical product
I suppose so, kinda similar to HDMI cables and how Nintendo has a proprietary HDMI cable as well.

Both, but again, it's very vague and you can probably consider Mario to be that since he is mass-marketed and sells a lot, but doesn't seem like he falls into the initial mental prototype of a "AAA" game.

man, watching this unboxing video makes me really conflicted

it honestly looks like a really nice console, the ui and sounds are fantastic and the controllers look cool

but there are just so many negatives right now for me that i really don't feel like it's worth buying yet

Well I've held the Switch this morning so I can be actually sure about this really being a cool device now.

For earlier questions, the plus-button is binary, not a D-pad.
In the MK8D-demo you can't view vehicle stats so I couldn't look at the weight of the newcomers (and we played as Lakitu and Yoshi anyway).

The Legend of Zelda is also translated in Dutch for all on-screen texts (voices still English), as announced by Eiji Aonuma in a video.
It is really funny to watch a Japanese person try to talk Dutch (opening and closing greets).

Also the HD Rumble (as highlighted in 1-2 Switch) is absolutely fantastic! Holy shit, one of the highlights today.

Playable today where four 1-2 Switch minigames, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Snipperclips and Arms.
There was a photo-booth with Mario using artwork from Odyssey.

Some pics here.

Cloud Strife said:
Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:

I'd really like to know if it's true that the switch console on its own is $300 and upgraded to $450 for all the other accessories (charging dock, pro controller, online, at least one game, sd cards, other stuff I can't think of at the moment)

if it is then rip all the money I've been saving for the last 2 years
From what i understand you can use other sd cards

Lakituthequick said:
Well I've held the Switch this morning so I can be actually sure about this really being a cool device now.

For earlier questions, the plus-button is binary, not a D-pad.
In the MK8D-demo you can't view vehicle stats so I couldn't look at the weight of the newcomers (and we played as Lakitu and Yoshi anyway).

The Legend of Zelda is also translated in Dutch for all on-screen texts (voices still English), as announced by Eiji Aonuma in a video.
It is really funny to watch a Japanese person try to talk Dutch (opening and closing greets).

Also the HD Rumble (as highlighted in 1-2 Switch) is absolutely fantastic! Holy *bleep*, one of the highlights today.

Playable today where four 1-2 Switch minigames, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Snipperclips and Arms.
There was a photo-booth with Mario using artwork from Odyssey.

Some pics here.
Good to hear that you think it's a cool device! Do you think 1-2 Switch is worth buying after trying it out?

Back