Nintendo Switch

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Maria Renard said:
The Switch online is cheaper than say PS+ or Xbox Live. That's a good advantage.

pfft thats still not even that bad ive seen yearly subscriptions go over 100 dollars.

30 is a freaking steal

Zae Eildus said:
Maria Renard said:
The Switch online is cheaper than say PS+ or Xbox Live. That's a good advantage.

pfft thats still not even that bad ive seen yearly subscriptions go over 100 dollars.

30 is a freaking steal

I guess that is one huge advantage after all over PS and Xbox online.

this is Nintendo's brilliant strategy

they price online services cheaper than their competitors to distract you from the fact that you're still not getting anything

$25-35 for online multiplayer sounds much better than $75 for online multiplayer because I don't give two shits what other garbage comes with it, because I know full well I ain't paying for any other reason than to play online.

If I wanted to have voice chat while playing a game, I would rather use Skype on a PC. It is so much better on a PC than on PS or Xbox. That's for sure.

Assuming they sell subscription cards for this you could just get one of those. I vaguely remember seeing PS+ ones in some shops.

They could have those gift cards and the Switch Online Subscription cards like PS+ and Xbox Live.

Lakituthequick said:
So I'll be playing some Switch Saturday, what stuff that we don't know (for sure) is there I could keep an eye on?

This can include games.

I'll be taking a laptop with a HDMI capture card which I slightly doubt will be put to use, but I can always ask.

If you're playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, could you check the weight classes of the new characters? The characters are Inkling Boy, Inkling Girl, King Boo, Dry Bones and Bowser Jr.

Also, for the "+" button, could you check and see if it's can be pressed like a d-pad, or is it a flat button (goes all the way down wherever you press)?

I would have also liked to hear the voices of the characters in Puyo Puyo Tetris, but I imagine it's going to be difficult to explain them when you might not be familiar with the franchise.

Thanks for reading.

Nabber said:
breath of the wild takes over half of the console's available space

classic nintendo
now is that if you download it to the system or just in general

The Wii U version of Breath of the Wild requires at least 3 GB for the game data. Combine that with the software data, and that could potentially consume most of the system's storage space.

Nabber said:
breath of the wild takes over half of the console's available space

classic nintendo

sheesh they suck at data storage.

its not even that, its more of the fact that they give you so little storage to begin with.

Zae Eildus said:
its not even that, its more of the fact that they give you so little storage to begin with.

It could've always been worse though. The standard Wii U systems could only hold up to 8 GB.

that doesnt really mean much in the grand scheme of things, but guess ill get over it, whenever i get one that is.

it could be worse is a pretty shit defense

it can always be worse by that's not an excuse for giving you less than a tenth of the space of every other goddamn console

This is the first Nintendo Switch unboxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVa1MB90PU

Nabber said:
it could be worse is a pretty *bleep* defense

it can always be worse by that's not an excuse for giving you less than a tenth of the space of every other goddang console

don't like, 32 gb SD cards cost a very small amount these days?

oh wait, they're making overpricced nintendo branded ones. welp.

it'll only be a matter of time where Nintendo offers proprietary and inferior internet providers and TV screens and HDMI inputs

cant tell if nintendo is just really greedy or ungodly stupid

Back