Amiibo

Re: What amiibos do you own?

First scalpers, now counterfeits? People love to ruin other people's amiibo experience.

None of this would have happened if Nintendo produced enough quantites of each amiibo.

Lyn said:
http://nintendoinquirer.com/2015/06/counterfeit-amiibo-appear-in-the-wild/

Figures.
How is that a bad thing?

I actually find counterfeit production GOOD news because it's bad economically for Nintendo. It lowers amiibo value and directs its profit away. No corporate toy producers like counterfeits. If the counterfeits become numerous enough (especially on those like Little Mac, Villager, Captain Falcon, and stuff, but also on the common ones), Nintendo would have to produce real ones.

I wouldn't have done this otherwise, but I could consider it a protest to buy counterfeits instead.

But I'm hoping there will be more counterfeits for Robin and Lucina to make up for the lack of real ones that will drive down their value. The scalpers now have competition.

Cirdec said:
None of this would have happened if Nintendo produced enough quantites of each amiibo.
Counterfeits will always happen. San-ei has counterfeits, and their plushies are never hard to find (except for the Super Mario Galaxy ones, but those are old plushies just out of print). My hope is if counterfeits are made to address the shortage and it might be a kick in the butt for Nintendo to start producing more amiibo if it's serious enough.

iirc i read that those counterfeits dont have nfc chips tho so you cant use them

Well, a lot of people collect amiibos for the statuettes themselves, but I have to agree that the lack of an NFC chip would be the biggest downer. But, I've seen a video on someone triggering the game to activate Mr. Game & Watch so that may be obsolete in Smash Bros. at least.

this is one of the only times where i'm glad counterfeit products are propping up. nintendo really deserved it. i hope counterfeits become popular enough.

If I get a counterfeit Robin or Lucina I would be pissed because now I can't use it for Fire Emblem If. So I wouldn't support counterfeits and hope they're popular because not everyone keeps them in their boxes. Scalpers were bad enough now I have to worry about blowing my money on something that doesn't even work.

YES! GOT MY NESS WHICH IS IN PERFECT SHAPE!

All is well in the world.

I'm still waiting for my Ness :'( :'( :'(

Glitchy said:
If I get a counterfeit Robin or Lucina I would be pissed because now I can't use it for Fire Emblem If. So I wouldn't support counterfeits and hope they're popular because not everyone keeps them in their boxes. Scalpers were bad enough now I have to worry about blowing my money on something that doesn't even work.
I view it on a bigger picture though. If more people try buying amiibos and end up getting useless counterfeits, that means more angry customers, less profit, and a depreciated value of amiibo. If more desperate collectors and laypeople (like clueless parents) turn to counterfeits to buy the amiibo they want, that means less profit and, as I said, depreciated value.

That's bad for Nintendo, who cares about only about underproduction to drive up hype for these children's toys.

P.S. Got a package while typing it. Here's my hoping it's gonna be a Ness. A handsome one.

It WAS Ness!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Went to Meijer today to get some Lysol and check their amiibo stock. All Wave 4 amiibos were sold out except for a lone Pac-Man.

Hell yeah, that was the one I really wanted.

Pac-Man is really common, though. He shouldn't be hard to find

It's still the one I really wanted.

Anyway, my friend (not the one who wants the Little Mac) has a good sized collection.

Super Mario:
Toad

Splatoon:
Inkling Boy
Inkling Girl
Squid

Smash:
Mario
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Pikachu
Ness
Diddy Kong
Toon Link
Sonic
Mega Man

Nysic said:
can i give you mine
no sell it online instead and buy a castle with the money you get for it, a much better use

Magikrazy said:
Went to Meijer today to get some Lysol and check their amiibo stock. All Wave 4 amiibos were sold out except for a lone Pac-Man.

Hell yeah, that was the one I really wanted.
He was meant for you.

on an unrelated note today i preordered a Dr. Mario amiibo :drmario:

there was a surpising number of splatoon amiibo triple packs though they were $50 each holy shit

Cheaper than buying them separately for $17 each :v

Yooka-Laylee said:
http://www.vooks.net/amiibo-alert-restocks-of-villager-wii-fit-trainer-captain-falcon-and-little-mac-expected-this-week/

Not sure if I'll end up going to the shops this week but anyone want me to look out for stuff in case I do?

well i went to a couple of local shops today to see if there might've been any captain falcons left but unfortunately there was no sign of any of these so looks like i was too late (or the shops just didn't get the restock in the first place, idk). i ended up getting the splatoon 3-pack instead which seems pretty common, there were about five or so at both shops

also there were a decent amount of jigglypuff (and greninja) amiibo at each shop. about 6 or so in each shop, and its been about a week since they released here so i thought that was something of interest since the preorders in NA sold out in five minutes or something stupid. i guess the amiibo situation isn't quite as bad here as in america. i suppose the fact that jiggly isn't a store exclusive would make it more common

anyway my collection now consists of (in order of when i got them):
-Marth
-Little Mac
-King Dedede
-Meta Knight
-Shulk
-Inkling Girl
-Inkling Squid
-Inkling Boy

might post a pic or two of my collection sometime when i have free time

also have preorders for Dark Pit, Ganondorf and Doctor Mario. dark pit and ganon should be arriving around the start of july with doc arriving a couple of weeks later :drmario:

Yooka-Laylee said:
Cheaper than buying them separately for $17 each :v
marginally :v

plus the only one i really want is the squid and it's not sold separately

Epic Nitwit said:
well i went to a couple of local shops today to see if there might've been any captain falcons left but unfortunately there was no sign of any of these so looks like i was too late (or the shops just didn't get the restock in the first place, idk). i ended up getting the splatoon 3-pack instead which seems pretty common, there were about five or so at both shops

also there were a decent amount of jigglypuff (and greninja) amiibo at each shop. about 6 or so in each shop, and its been about a week since they released here so i thought that was something of interest since the preorders in NA sold out in five minutes or something stupid. i guess the amiibo situation isn't quite as bad here as in america. i suppose the fact that jiggly isn't a store exclusive would make it more common
same omg. the store i went to had heaps of greninjas, splatoon 3-packs and a few jigglypuffs. i was really surprised as well

i'm positive that there wasn't a restock in my area either, apparently the same place had nothing new come in aside from the releases last week. wth nintendo aus

Back