Amiibo

Re: What amiibos do you own?

I don't think it's enough to push it higher than rare/unicorn though.

Lyn said:
So here I am, going to GAME to get eShop funds for that Dr. Mario game and some Steam wallet cards to exploit the sale, when I suddenly see right across from the Nintendo eShop cards, a Marth amiibo (and a Meta Knight one but nobody cares).

I had more than enough money for it, and despite my initial attitude towards these I simply could not bring myself to just pass it up ad get what I was planning to get, especially being such a big fan of the Fire Emblem series and knowing how rare those things were.

So I caved (mfw I first saw it though), and now I effortlessly obtained a Marth amiibo. :dk:
Congrats. Now prepare yourself to become fanatical over these things. ;)

My friend told me there are only four Ness amiibo in Port Huron (the largest city around where I live and nearest city with Gamestops).

I don't even know what to say about that.

Edit: i don't mean right now, that would be crazy. i meant when they were first made. im sure some of the ness amiibo aren't even in Michigan anymore

i'm not surprised at that

Magikrazy said:
Edit: i don't mean right now, that would be crazy. i meant when they were first made. im sure some of the ness amiibo aren't even in Michigan anymore
Oh lol, you might be as well be right.

Unless they're imported.

Get the Kirby while they're still available. I believe they're getting a bit rarer.

Glitchy said:
It's kind of sad that one of the most well known Nintendo characters is starting to get rare.
The figure is also great. Maybe this isn't as bad as it looks, but it will be sad if Kirby becomes rare.

Paper Jorge said:
i cant wait for the pink yarn yoshi
Is it because it's so cute or because it will be so hard to find? Both could apply.

Omfg the EB I'm at has captain Falcon, Meta Knight, Ness, Villager, Wii Fit trainer, sonic, Mega Man, and heaps of others

Srsly if you guys want me to grab you one I will if you pay for it and shipping

unfortunately my area still doesn't seem to have the restocks, rip
but luckily i managed to order a captain falcon off of EB games' website so all is good in the world
also ordered a green yarn yoshi at the same time (would've gotten blue, but they were sold out :[ )
i think its safe to say that i got way more amiibo than i anticipated
i hope they announce a new super mario wave at e3, i've been holding off on rosalina, wario and dk until their super mario variations get released

I almost bought Captain Falcon despite not even liking him because his figurine looked cool

i actually bought cap day one way back in december, but the nfc ended up being broken and obviously i couldn't get a replacement when i returned it since they were so scarce
so as soon as i heard they were getting restocked i knew i had to get one :P

Did you at least get a refund for your broken one

God they announced the last 4 I needed on the same day and 3 of them will probably be exclusive (the Classics).

I'm so fucked.

i've read the mr. game & watch amiibo is poseable and articulate, is this true?

Not poseable or articulated but you can swap out the base figure for one of three other poses. I assume this was done because he's the easiest amiibo to make so they wanted people to have incentive to buy him even though he'll sell out within 10 nanoseconds of going online.

slide05.png

dude the mr. game & watch amiibo looks amazing

Glitchy said:
It's kind of sad that one of the most well known Nintendo characters is starting to get rare.
It's not like Villager or Meta Knight are terribly obscure either, though...

Mr. Game Watch looks cool, but he could be common, he could be rare...

Mario Party Σ said:
Glitchy said:
It's not like Villager or Meta Knight are terribly obscure either, though...

Mr. Game Watch looks cool, but he could be common, he could be rare...
he will be the rarest of them all and only come with two figures - the original pose and a mystery pose which you can't see until you open the packaging. there will be four different poses to collect and nintendo will make each one a store exclusive in the US (whereas they just don't ship them to the UK/AU at all because of their scarcity). amazon preorders were filled a day before the amiibo was even announced and there will be no restocks at any retailer after their initial shipment

let the games begin

Good thing I don't like mgaw lol

Roy Amiibo though, oh man

Back