Amiibo

Re: What amiibos do you own?

yea i didn't ask them about it but it didn't look like there was any shelf space put aside for them in either big w or jb-hifi (the two shops i checked) so im assuming they didn't get any.
theres a few other places in my area that sell amiibo but its too much of a hassle atm to go looking around for them. maybe if i hear about them being around i'll look again but its not my top priority right now

it surprises me that at nintendo world all they have is the really common amiibos like mario, link, etc
you would think that they would stock it better
like there's not even empty spaces where the others might have been

Nysic said:
it surprises me that at nintendo world all they have is the really common amiibos like mario, link, etc
you would think that they would stock it better
like there's not even empty spaces where the others might have been
It's the U.S..

Checked a store and the only wave 4 was Pac-Man. I was at least expecting Charizard to be common too.

man i haven't seen a pacman in ages down here so that's really odd

i'm tempted to buy a greninja but i must resist the URGE

I'm tempted to sell my Jigglypuff, not really sure why I bought her now that I think about it. Maybe Marth as well but he does look hot and detailed af on my shelf unlike Jiggz so hrmm.

Glitchy said:
Checked a store and the only wave 4 was Pac-Man. I was at least expecting Charizard to be common too.
checked the amiibo rarity guide and charizard is semi rare, like mega man and wario

you could almost certainly find it on ebay for under 50 bucks

Actually, I checked it and it says he's Uncommon, which is as rare as Toon Link and I find him everywhere so I should be able to get Charizard at a store eventually.

EDIT: And Fox is seriously more rare than Marth? I've seen quite a few Foxes at a store and I've never seen a Marth, other than my own which was ordered online.

When's the last time you've seen Fox?

Marth got a minor restock, so there's that.

Glitchy said:
Actually, I checked it and it says he's Uncommon, which is as rare as Toon Link and I find him everywhere so I should be able to get Charizard at a store eventually.

EDIT: And Fox is seriously more rare than Marth? I've seen quite a few Foxes at a store and I've never seen a Marth, other than my own which was ordered online.
Which one are you checking? I just refreshed it and it still says Semi-Rare for Charizard.

Glitchy said:
Maybe a few months ago, but not anymore. I remember him being pretty common though.
But he's pretty much gone now. You should probably check again.

In the meantime, I've never seen Fox.

I saw a Fox on the first day and never again

Though I'm like 99% sure he'll get restocked for Star Fox U so just be patient B)

My poll:
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=22671.msg1727474;topicseen#new

Meta Knight (Rare)
Rosalina and Luma (Unicorn)
Ike (Unicorn)
Toon Link (Uncommon)
Lucario (Unicorn)
King Dedede (Unicorn)

You all decide what will be the prize, since these rare stuff are fucking rare!

Honorable mention: Duck Hunt

EDIT: Wait, Dedede is Unicorn?

Done.

I've seen Fox as early as two months ago in Toys R Us.

On that same note, I have seen Samus gradually disappearing as well as Kirby, so those who want those better get on top of it (everyone should earn Kirby tbh).

EB Swanston got restocks: https://www.facebook.com/ebgamesswanstonstvic/photos/a.757261910953571.1073741828.469613203051778/1024076094272150/?type=1&theater

for australian users:
mightyape is getting some amiibo restocks incoming on June 17th, including rares like villager, wii fit trainer (CALLING GBATOAD!), little mac, ness, robin and lucina (im assuming its from the same wave of restocks that's going around). the price is a bit more than regular retail and it'll cost a bit for shipping but definitely better than paying $100+.
https://www.mightyape.com.au/Games/Wii-Wii-U/Nintendo-Wii-U/Nintendo-Amiibo-Characters

My sister and I have:

-Peach
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Link
-Zelda
-Pikachu
-Diddy Kong
-Samus
-Sheik
-Inkling Girl
-Inkling Squid
-Inkling Boy

We would like to have Jigglypuff, Rosalina, and the Fire Emblem characters, but I don't see us getting them anytime soon.

So here I am, going to GAME to get eShop funds for that Dr. Mario game and some Steam wallet cards to exploit the sale, when I suddenly see right across from the Nintendo eShop cards, a Marth amiibo (and a Meta Knight one but nobody cares).

I had more than enough money for it, and despite my initial attitude towards these I simply could not bring myself to just pass it up ad get what I was planning to get, especially being such a big fan of the Fire Emblem series and knowing how rare those things were.

So I caved (mfw I first saw it though), and now I effortlessly obtained a Marth amiibo. :dk:

But... but... Meta Knights are super rare...

Back