Amiibo

I don't know about its rarity in Europe, but on ebay you can get her for 20 bucks, sometimes less, so that she doesn't seem to be that rare. However, I wonder how rare the Odyssey amiibos will be, especially the 3-pak... :D

Meh, usually something that goes for over recommended sale price, it usually means it's rare and in high demand. But again, there was amiibo that went for over 30 back in the days... actually I think some of the Breath of the Wild amiibo are insane. Those things flew off the shelves...

I'm hoping they won't be rare, but given how barren some of the amiibo shelves I've seen, I hope there will be a lot of the Odyssey amiibos. I won't be happy if I can't get my hands on Wedding Mario... Anyhow, I haven't seen massive demand for them, and I haven't heard of preorders for them drying up.

In my experience in the U.S., all three-packs have been obtainable at some point, though I think the Splatoon 3-pack used to be unavailable until a later restock made them available at all stores.

I'm at MediaMarkt posting this, and I'll show you what Amiibo they have.
The most stocked ones are the new :goomba: and :koopa: ones. There are also some Mario series Amiibo, Yoshi's Woolly World ones, one Super Smash Bros Link, one Kirby series Dedede Amiibo, and some Splatoon Amiibo (There were no Inkling Girl ones) Also one Chibi Robo and one Poochy in their bundles.
Trunks Mario said:
Even the Animal Crossing stuff sold out????
Yes, there's no Animal Crossing Amiibo left.

I got Wedding Mario and he's now happily with Smash Mario, Mario Mario, Silver Mario, Gold Mario, and modern-colored Retro Mario. And all the other non-amiibo Marios.

Hope we get more Mario plushies related to Odyssey in the future!

Today, I was at MediaMarkt. A majority of their Amiibo were the wedding ones, and the new Fire Emblem Amiibo.

I wonder if they're going to be sold out quickly, like the Zelda: Breath of the Wild Amiibo; because the employees told me that Odyssey was selling fast.

Speaking of which, I did see the Guardian amiibo and Link-on-a-horse amiibo at Gamestop. I hadn't seen those in a while.

I didn't even see the Fire Emblem amiibo, probably because they did a good job blending with their surroundings of other anime amiibo like Cloud and Corrin. ;] I also had a one-track mind of "must. get. fancy. mario." so maybe that's it too.

I really hope the wedding amiibo don't become rare, since I really wanted to get them when I picked up my game but didn't have any money (had the game payed off already)

I don't expect them to become rare right now, GameStop I went to had a nice amount. I picked up Wedding Mario without any hassle. I hope it won't turn like the Breath of the Wild amiibo, but again, United States is Link Nation, Link stuff is far more popular with what, the Smash Link amiibo being the best seller.

I also checked Amazon for Mario amiibo for curiosity's sake, and Smash Mario ran for $47, Gold Mario ran for $43.56, and Silver is $49 (normal price is $12.99). :shifty:

After an Amiibo hunt, I finally picked up a 50% off Diddy Kong (Mario Party) Amiibo from an Intertoys sale, after going to 2 stores yesterday, and 2 stores today. :diddy:

Yesterday at MediaMarkt in the Amiibo section, I saw 11 Goombas, 10 Koopa Troopas, One classic Inkling Girl, One classic Inkling Boy, and two Tikis.

Their Amiibo section was so diverse before the Nintendo Switch was released.. Now the newest Amiibo is usually the most stocked one.

At one Intertoys store, I saw two discounted Inkling Girl Amiibo from Splatoon 2 (which, by the way, I've been playing lately). I considered buying one, but then I decided to hold off and save up for something I'd actually need, like a new backpack (one that has a water bottle holder), a better video camera, and/or something like that.

Wedding Mario, Peach and Bowser have been in stock for a long time and have even been discounted here. But of course, I never picked them up because I want to avoid character duplicates.

In other, gameplay related news, I got Daisy to give me a Gold Dice Block in Mario Party Star Rush!

tBkQfxu.jpg

Really, I've never seen Wedding Peach or Bowser in stock around here, only Mario (who was literally the only amiibo with any stock and there were several of him)

memoryman3 said:
In other, gameplay related news, I got Daisy to give me a Gold Dice Block in Mario Party Star Rush!

tBkQfxu.jpg
You can somehow inject data from Mario Party 10 for Star Rush, patch in the P&YWW-exclusive Yoshi patterns in the Wii U version, and patch in additional amiibo unlocks in SMM (costumes for Daisy, Feline, Tetra, Totem Link).

I wonder if you can patch in specific copy abilities for amiibo with generic functions in Kirby: Planet Robobot.

infinite8 said:
memoryman3 said:

tBkQfxu.jpg
You can somehow inject data from Mario Party 10 for Star Rush, patch in the P&YWW-exclusive Yoshi patterns in the Wii U version, and patch in additional amiibo unlocks in SMM (costumes for Daisy, Feline, Tetra, Totem Link).

I wonder if you can patch in specific copy abilities for amiibo with generic functions in Kirby: Planet Robobot.

I am actually trying to patch Robobot but the ability assignments seem to be hardcoded :(

I went to MediaMarkt earlier today. All they had were many Koopa Troopa and Goomba Amiibo figures, along with one Fire Emblem Tiki Amiibo. I think it's safe to assume Amiibo figures are no longer being shipped to that particular MediaMarkt, and they could possibly be liquidating their Amiibo section since other Dutch stores like Intertoys and CeX sometimes discount their Amiibo, which makes people want to buy theirs there instead.

For example: I've purchased Peach at CeX for 5 euros, and Diddy for 8 euros at Intertoys during a sale.

I have over 50 of those Amiibos, but I am still not over with my collecting, I am getting the Detective Pikachu and the Slayer one if I am correct with the name. It was the one announced at the last Nintendo Direct.

The present that my brother ordered for my birthday finally arrived over 1 1/2 months late. Here's what it was:

pkYMBVf.jpg

Even though the stuff you do with them in-game isn't all that great, I mainly wanted these for the figurines themselves.

My favorite characters make a good combination. Now I'm thinking a Plague Knight amiibo would fit well with these two...

iBh4d5C.jpg

Plague Knight said:
Even though the stuff you do with them in-game isn't all that great, I mainly wanted these for the figurines themselves.
That's why most people get amiibo, in-game functionality be damned. More like amazing desktop decoration functionality.

Got a Super Mario Cereal box yesterday. I can't wait to see what it does in Odyssey!

Shovel Knight said:
Got a Super Mario Cereal box yesterday. I can't wait to see what it does in Odyssey!
It function like a generic amiibo: only gives a Power Moon location when scanned on Uncle amiibo, and gives coins and hearts elsewhere. Uncle amiibo recognise it as "Delicious" amiibo, however.

It would be fun with the cereal costume.

Back