Amiibo

Actually, they serve as amazing punching bags in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

In reality, I collect Mario merchandise because I can. I enjoy any of them, including Yoshi ones. I even have a complete plush set of Yoshis, with all the colors.

Some people don't let their hate for one character hinder their enjoyment of collecting any and all merchandise from a series they like.

So the cloud amiibo is apparently super rare in Europe or something, because from what I heard and saw myself no Store around here has it

(Applies to both variants)

Baby Luigi said:
Actually, they serve as amazing punching bags in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

In reality, I collect Mario merchandise because I can. I enjoy any of them, including Yoshi ones. I even have a complete plush set of Yoshis, with all the colors.

Look forward to even more Yoshi games then...

That's fine, I'm not obligated to buy them, as I hadn't even bought a Super Mario series Yoshi yet.

People can enjoy Yoshi games while I enjoy the stuff I buy. Simple.

went to mediamarkt earlier

the amiibo shelf was EMPTY...

...aside from two mii brawlers. No love for him I guess.

I don't think anyone likes the Miis. Pretty sure all my Toys R Us around me still have the 3-pack (because lol NoA) from the first shipment in 2015.

I have recently gotten 5 amiibo.

Three of the amiibo are Animal Crossing ones that are practically given away when I buy a Nintendo Switch from my retailer, and I presume the reason for this is to clear the stocks. The amiibo I got are Isabella in the alternative outfit, K. K. Slider and Mabel (the blue hedgehog). I like these choices, so they work out for me. Mabel would do well to accompany Sonic (another amiibo I got).

Then, I got the Daisy and Waluigi amiibo because there is one seller in Malaysia that offered these, where you cannot find them anywhere. In fact, the series 2 amiibo are practically non-existent, so to have a seller have them is a miracle. Too bad this seller doesn't have (Mario series) Wario, Rosalina and Boo. At first I was embarrassed to open them because they are characters that not many people loved, but after opening these pack they don't seem that bad. I like that Daisy feels heavier (thanks to having a lot of mass). Waluigi's shoes remind me of Goofy's shoes (so it looks basically like clown shoes), which is a detail that makes me happy. These models are quite nice to hold as they have nice details that feel real on touching it.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
I have recently gotten 5 amiibo.

Three of the amiibo are Animal Crossing ones that are practically given away when I buy a Nintendo Switch from my retailer, and I presume the reason for this is to clear the stocks. The amiibo I got are Isabella in the alternative outfit, K. K. Slider and Mabel (the blue hedgehog). I like these choices, so they work out for me. Mabel would do well to accompany Sonic (another amiibo I got).

Then, I got the Daisy and Waluigi amiibo because there is one seller in Malaysia that offered these, where you cannot find them anywhere. In fact, the series 2 amiibo are practically non-existent, so to have a seller have them is a miracle. Too bad this seller doesn't have (Mario series) Wario, Rosalina and Boo. At first I was embarrassed to open them because they are characters that not many people loved, but after opening these pack they don't seem that bad. I like that Daisy feels heavier (thanks to having a lot of mass). Waluigi's shoes remind me of Goofy's shoes (so it looks basically like clown shoes), which is a detail that makes me happy. These models are quite nice to hold as they have nice details that feel real on touching it.

Thank you for reading.

Sounds nice! Ignore the haters, they are just people looking for attention.

memoryman3 said:
Ignore the haters, they are just people looking for attention.

Or they can just legitimately not. like. amiibo? Why is attention always the first thing that pops into people's minds when it comes to contrary opinions?

winstein said:
At first I was embarrassed to open them because they are characters that not many people loved, but after opening these pack they don't seem that bad.

Thank you for reading.

no shame in owning amiibo of Waluigi or Daisy.

Yoshikage Kira said:
I picked up the new pikmin amiibo.

That feeling when a random Pikmin amiibo was supported in MK8 and Mario Maker whilst actual Mario characters are NOT!

Oh look you're complaining about a Daisy slight who could have seen that coming.

Kirumi Tojo said:
went to mediamarkt earlier

the amiibo shelf was EMPTY...

...aside from two mii brawlers. No love for him I guess.
Wow. At my local MediaMarkt, they used to have a truckload of Amiibo. I even remember going there on the Nintendo Switch's launch day, and saw the new Zelda: Breath of the Wild Amiibo (Which sold out in a day)

Then they rearranged everything in the Nintendo aisle a while later, and there's very little Amiibo left. Just a few Mario character Amiibo, and some Splatoon Amiibo on a table.

Even the Animal Crossing stuff sold out????

Trunks Mario said:
Even the Animal Crossing stuff sold out????
Gee, I can barely recall. There were also a few Yarn Yoshi Amiibo, and some other stuff as well, not just Mario and Splatoon. Ever since the Switch came out, accessories for the console started filling up the shelves, and the amount of Amiibo decreased. (Maybe most of them were sold, and/or were placed in the storage area)

It's amazing to see Nintendo acknowledges the custom amiibo scene, evidenced by this video by Nintendo Minute. I admit that I am not much of a modeller (and amiibo is not as cheap and readily available as in the other countries), so I can say that the craftsmen and craftswomen who redesign amiibo did splendid work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfKF2rkKTUg

Thank you for reading.

Those look awesome!

Despite I'm a Nintendo collector, I currently only have four amiibos, as I mainly collect consoles and (Mario-) games. Those are my Smash mains Ike and Mr. Game and Watch, the 8-Bit Mario which came with Mario Maker and a Diddy Kong from the Mario series, which I won after placing second in a Mario Kart tournament.
Yesterday, I preordered Odyssey and the Odyssey amiibo 3-pak, which was difficult, as both, especially the amiibos, were no longer available for preorders in lots of shops.

I remember buying my first Amiibo. I used to go to Intertoys every week to play on their Wii U kiosk. On the shelf, I saw a bunch of Amiibo including one of the rarest ones out there, Rosalina and Luma.

That's right, I finally bought it on New Year's Eve of 2016, using 16 euros my allowance. I still have the receipt and the box!

image.jpg

Amiibo_Reciept.png

Can't believe I got one of the rarest Amiibo at retail price, and without having to order a Japanese import!

The amiibo may be rare in U.S., but is this amiibo rare in Europe as well?

I'm pretty sure nowadays, though, you can't exactly waltz into a store and find Rosalina and Luma, just the Super Mario series Rosalina if you're lucky.

Back