Some spin offs I wouldn't mind being made.

Megamario15 said:
Update: I got to the computer and took LGM and BLoF's sprites. Don't worry, you will be given credit.
Good job, guys! Love the sprites.
lol, thanks! :)

Meta Knight said:
Maybe something like Kirby and the Amazing Mirror did for Kirby
Metroidvania-style?

Yeah like The Ultimate Pwwnd123 said but I thought Amazing Mirror is a good example of how a classic platformer can work with a Metroidvania gameplay

Mario Party X said:
Megamario15 said:
Update: I got to the computer and took LGM and BLoF's sprites. Don't worry, you will be given credit.
Good job, guys! Love the sprites.
lol, thanks! :)
No problem.

The only problem might be loading up hundreds of animations. I can't make a game without animations, so I must keep going.

If there is one spin off I would love to see it would be a Wrecking Crew revival.
I know that chancee of that happening are unlikely as all get out, but I just find Wrecking Crew to be a very interesting branch of the franchise that could use a new shot, heck Waluigi is often associated with Foreman Spike, so they could just make him the main character instead of Mario and have him take over the series, because it's not like Mario is heavily associated with the series series anyway.
It would cater to people who want either (or both) a Waluigi game or a Wrecking Crew revival, giving them something they can market the game with.

Megamario15 said:
Also, I made a thread for this asking me stuff for games. Ask me there so we can stay on topic here.
THAT IS ON TOPIC

omg I swear you're just advertising

I'd actually like to see a sequel to Mario Sports Mix, but with more sports than the original. Maybe 6-8?

Nozomi Toujou said:
Megamario15 said:
Also, I made a thread for this asking me stuff for games. Ask me there so we can stay on topic here.
THAT IS ON TOPIC

omg I swear you're just advertising
If I were trying to advertise, I would include a link.
Maybe I am, but it's not intentional.

Magikrazy said:
Maybe add water polo, boxing, bowling, and caber tossing idk the last one
Running races?

you can advertise without a link

also I believe running events are more suited for the olympics but that's just me

I think a sports mix sequel would be cool. Though at the same time the sports in sports mix could easily be turned into their own individual games.

Mcmadness said:
I think a sports mix sequel would be cool. Though at the same time the sports in sports mix could easily be turned into their own individual games.
Yeah, also, roster in Mario Sports Mix was the real buzzkill, especially since you can have three people per team, putting in variety gets hard (even more especially that Mario MUST be in my teams).

I think 5 vs 5 or maybe 6 vs 6 would be ideal.

Megamario15 said:
Perhaps a Yoshi's Island spinoff with BL instead of BM? That would appeal to your sister, wouldn't it, LGM?

baby luigi needs to be playable

"riding helplessly on yoshi's back" is NOT being playable

Stanley the Troll said:
If Square Enix develops another Mario spinoff I really hope they use their Mario characters instead of making it a crossover.
It wasn't really a crossover, more like quasi-crossover.

Megamario15 said:
Perhaps a Yoshi's Island spinoff with BL instead of BM? That would appeal to your sister, wouldn't it, LGM?
Yes it would, except
Baby Luigi said:
Baby Luigi needs to be playable

Stanley the Troll said:
If Square Enix develops another Mario spinoff I really hope they use their Mario characters instead of making it a crossover.

To hell with that. I loved using dragon quest characters in fortune street.

i'd would rather have the final fantasy characters than the super mario rpg characters

at least people cared about those guys

Fighting Behemoth in sports mix was very amusing.

i agree

especially doing it as toad

It came completely out of nowhere too.

Volleyball skills saved the world, who ta thunk it.

Mcmadness said:
It came completely out of nowhere too.

Volleyball skills saved the world, who ta thunk it.
I like the slam dunking on its head.

The whole thing reminds me of Kingdom Hearts but with Mario characters instead.

When I think of Mario and Square-Enix, I think of Super Mario RPG. They're canonically part of the Mario universe so they automatically have priority over anything not part of Mario canon.

Stanley the Troll said:
When I think of Mario and Square-Enix, I think of Super Mario RPG. They're canonically part of the Mario universe so they automatically have priority over anything not part of Mario canon.
When I think of Mario and Square-Enix, I think of Mario and Final Fantasy.

And sometimes, Mario and Dragon Quest.

Back