Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Re: Nintendo Direct Thread

Fuck yeah a new Mario spin-off game, always something get excited for

>new direct
>>more odyssey stuff
>>>>dark souls on switch
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the world ends with you on switch

B_n3f3iWAAAprZQ.png

i thought this was a nice little direct. thoughts on the games that interested me:

TWEWY (!!!): i'm really excited for this one. the only thing im not sure about is how the gameplay will work. will be interested to see how they handle controls and stuff in regard to joy-cons
Super Mario's Balloon Odyssey: well i cant say im not a little bit disappointed that this basically means we probably won't get playable luigi but i guess the concept is fun enough. also sunshine mario!
Mario Tennis Aces: i dont really play the tennis games but this looked like a nice fun one. i might buy it in a year or two, or maybe even when it releases depending on the price
Hyrule Warriors: i guess its nice that its coming to switch? probably would feel that it's more justified if they hadnt already released an enhanced edition on 3ds but eh. playing through on 3ds once was enough for me so probably won't play it again
Kirby Star Allies: really happy to have a release date for this one! and so soon! and finally it seems we're getting simultaneous releases with japan for kirby instead of having to wait months after they get it. honestly can't wait for this one
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze featuring Funky from the Donkey Kong Country Series: i might be in the minority here but this is actually probably one of my favourite announcements, and this is coming from someone who has beaten the wii u version 200%. i absolutely love this game and i'm happy it's getting a second chance to sell to a much larger audience. funky mode would be cooler if it wasn't just a ridiculously easy mode but still nice they added something new. i was actually thinking of playing through it again, but now i'll just wait until may. maybe i'll play through returns again in the meantime

Just when I thought I was duped by the fake announcement Nintendo comes in and sucker punches me with a actual direct mini, just in time for when I wake up too. Not to much to say but there was some pretty nice things in there, I never got a chance to play The World Ends With You when it originally came out on the DS and it's pretty hard to find used so I'll probably grab the Switch version when it comes out, a lot of the characters appearances in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance made me curious about their game of origin and it would be fun to learn more about them.

Mario Tennis Aces also looks really great and feels like a apology for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash's lack of content, the story mode in particular immediately grabbed my attention. I knew that Luigi would eventually be DLC for Odyssey although I wasn't quite expecting it in this form but still cool nonetheless, I wonder if he reacts to the outfits that Mario is wearing because it would be kinda funny to see him react to the Luigi costume. The DK DLC is Mario+Rabbids is also cool. :dk:

Also looking for to Kirby Star Allies and of course Kirby Battle Royale, the Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors ports and slightly curious about Dark Souls. Still no Metroid Prime 4 information or updates but I'm sure they're probably waiting until this year's E3 to unveil that.

Twewy announcement is sick. Looks like they fixed the ios versions lack of partner thing.
It's nice that they aren't ditching this version of Pokken but I'm probably still not going to buy it.
I figured Kirby would be soon, it looked the most finished out of what was shown last year.
I might actually pick up this version of Hyrule Warriors if I get the itch. I kind of decided not to continue with the original because there was a lot to do and there was a lot of content exclusive to the 3ds version (maps, costumes, actual stages) and that rubbed me the wrong way.
I can't tell if there's less of the sparkly circle things or not but I'm excited for Mario Tennis always. Waluigi looks hot. Story Mode could be cool.
Fucking Ys VIII baby. I actually kind of anticipated that if Falcom was going to jump into the switch game then they'd do it with this one. I already bought it on PS4 but I'd buy it again. This must've been the reason that NISA got this one over XSeed, although they still absolutely butchered the PC release and the localisation.
More Odyssey stuff, the balloon thing looks fun. More costumes to wear with the invisibility hat.
Still have to play more of rabbids anyway so this kind of works out better, I can play the DLC when I'm actually interested in it after playing the main game.
This game looks neat 'use the joycon motion controls' nevermind.
I never got Tropical Freeze so this works out for me. I'll just pick it up on this.
Never played Dark Souls so maybe I'll pick this one up.

Mostly interesting stuff, I enjoyed it. Twewy and Ys were the highlights.

Well at least he got the dodge rolling down pat.

in addition to Mario Tennis im expecting Kirby, More Mario Odyssey content, Dark Souls and secretly hoping for Fire Emblem

they wouldnt blow everything before E3 so I dont expect animal crossing, smash bros or pokemon

"Tune in for roughly 30 minutes of information focused on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch titles launching this year, including new details on Mario Tennis Aces"

Expect a few more 3DS game announcements, more character reveals in Mario Tennis, FE teaser, and more third-party Switch games.

This is real, right?

Wanting to see other characters in tennis gear. I know Donkey Kong wasn't shown wearing any, but hey, that can change.

Metroid Prime 4 info as well, it could happen!

Outlandish wish: New F-Zero. Give the F-Zero Wiki something new to document

It's real. L is for real.

Anyways. I hope that we will get more Yoshi info, but from what it looks like, it won't be as much as Mario Tennis Aces.

Alex95 said:
Wanting to see other characters in tennis gear. I know Donkey Kong wasn't shown wearing any, but hey, that can change.
I think it's time for Pauline's playable debut!

And more Super Mario series amiibo!

Baby Luigi or...

well I'll buy the game anyway if it's good

I predict the following, not counting Mario Tennis Aces since it's clearly mentioned:
- Sushi Strikers: This game was revealed last year and is supposed to be one of the new 3DS games released this year, so I am expecting this one to be revealed
- Project Octopath Traveller: It will have an official title reveal, along with touching up on a few new tidbits
- A few localised 3DS games: I think there will be some Japanese 3DS games that will be announced for the American 3DS. I am hoping for Puyo Puyo Chronicle even though it's not very practical to bring that over due to how much translation work is required
- Yoshi Switch: It is likely to have a title even though it's not close to released. Perhaps they could explain how Yoshi's Switch game is unique
- A surprise IP revival: Nintendo hinted that they have some surprises in store this year, and with Labo out of the way, I think there might be an IP in Nintendo's stable that will get a new game announced.

Thank you for reading.

Most of the things I want are more suited to an E3 reveal, maybe they'll talk a bit about Mario Kart Tour though. I had a dream recently that that game was just suddenly released out of the blue and was actually really good.

Sort of hoping they're planning to finish off the 3DS M&L series by announcing a thing similar to Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, but instead of one remake and a new mode it would just be Partners in Time + Bowser's Inside Story. Then they can move on to the Switch for that series going forward. Otherwise I'd save my hopes (Mario Kart 9 Switch, Smash 5, Paper Mario....4....) for E3 and if any are announced earlier it would be a nice surprise.

It's amusing that Undertale is finally getting a Switch release, which makes sense since Game Maker support for Switch is implemented. That means more Game Maker games will be in the pipeline.

It's also amusing that Golf Story gets a trailer in Japanese, showcasing the crazy events that happened in that game, including controlling a drone, controlling an RC car and a werewolf mystery in the mansion. Since I finished that game, I know of those events that transpired.

I guess Smash Bros. for Switch will have new playable characters (besides Inklings and Link's updated Breath of the Wild look) and they will be used to entice people to get that game, and I think it's going to be based on both Wii U and 3DS, given its more recent release date. I do not know how the base of the Dark Souls amiibo look, but I won't be surprised if it's revealed to have the Smash base (and thus a playable character spot).

Thank you for reading.

Weasel said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5rLMEZBOmA

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

please release this in america

i love these games and dillon is fucking awesome and they put him in a post-apocalyptic setting and aaaaaaaaa

thanks ninty

Back