Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Re: Nintendo Direct Thread

Knew it! This was rumored yesterday, glad to see I can actually get excited :D

I'll be watching it after the fact. I don't really feel the urgency of being there as it happens.

Same thing here. I'd rather get a summary of what got revealed and watch stuff I actually care for than sit through stuff I don't.

Baby Luigi said:
Same thing here. I'd rather get a summary of what got revealed and watch stuff I actually care for than sit through stuff I don't.
Whereas I'll be continually refreshing the page for new artwork releases.

Anyways on a more serious note, I just want info on the 3ds kirby game, Kirby switch, and Pikmin 4. Everything else will be icing on the cake.

Could somebody message me the non odyseey info?

Rundown:

- Kirby Switch is now titled Kirby: Star Allies
- Kirby 3DS multiplayer is Kirby Battle Royale
- Doom and Wolfenstein 2
- XC 2 releases on December 1
- Minecraft New 3DS
- Pokemon USUM, new ultra beasts
- Octopath Traveller

Can someone please continue recapping?

Superstar Saga has stamps despite the end of Miiverse

Mario Odyssey managed to triple in hype for the third time, and my building's intercom decided the start of the Odyssey segment was the perfect time to interrupt my reaction commentary

and a lot of "hey this exists"

Mario Party minigame collection looked pretty cool, interesting too since Mario Party switched developers for 9 onward so I wonder if they had to do any legal crap to remake the older minigames

t2009-05-22-164-undernewmanagement.jpg

but yeah, odyssey looked absolutely insane, the square enix rpg really tickled my visual-loving bone and doom and wolfenstein 2 coming to switch is huge for the triple-a scene on the switch, but otherwise it was a lukewarm direct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5rLMEZBOmA

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

please release this in america

i love these games and dillon is fucking awesome and they put him in a post-apocalyptic setting and aaaaaaaaa

I might actually get The Top 100. The minigames are the best part of Mario Party imo.

No one mentioned the Arcade Archives?

Ehh, not a great direct. They showed some nice Odyessy stuff tho.

Sgt Jack V said:
No one mentioned the Arcade Archives?
Yeah, what's with those games? I guess they have no relation to Virtual Console...?

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Mario Party minigame collection looked pretty cool, interesting too since Mario Party switched developers for 9 onward so I wonder if they had to do any legal crap to remake the older minigames

It was always the exact same guys developing the games, most of the Hudson Soft people who worked on Mario Party prior to the Konami acquisition moved to nd Cube.

Considering Nintendo owns the Mario Party IP, I don't think they need to leap over legal hurdles that much.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Also, the new Ultra Beasts look great and Odyssey continues to look great. Was kind of hoping for more BOTW DLC info but those new helmets look really cool.

I want a time machine so that I can go back in 2015 and tell people two of the biggest supporters of nintendo's next console are 2K and bethesda while capcom's ass-cancer has spread so far to its brain it won't even consider releasing a mega man compilation on it

Legit did a double take when doom and wolfenstein 2 were announced, two AAA games from Bethesda that I honestly never imagined would be on Switch, especially sine I thought that Skyrim would be the test. Meanwhile, Capcom can't be arsed to port over NES compilations, an hd port of a Zelda-like game, and are too busy making "tests" with a grossly overpriced SNES game. I'm more surprised that Square Enix is supporting the Switch more than Capcom has.

I'm going to laugh when Capcom underperforms again. Maybe their investors will ream them for their stupidity.

Anyways, overall good direct. No big megaton from Nintendo and I'm honestly not interested in the Kirby 3ds game right now, but Odyssey and Kirby Star Allies look great. Kelp dome is also back! Glad to see some good third party support on the system.

Wasn't Amazing Mirror 2 but Kirby Battle Royale looks alright, even if it is just Fighters 3D. Not terribley exiting but hey online multiplayer.

Ripped Perfection is amazing.

Not really much else in the direct that interested me tbh

Basically everything was pretty cool.
Watching these for me is mostly case of 'I want that but parents'.
Octopath Traveller in particular I liked.
Mario Party 100 seemed bizzare. I'm also glad that I can be the first person in this thread to complain about the lack of Mario Party DS.
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon remind me that I should actually start playing Sun again, I never go that far. Also Pokémon having loads of versions is stupid, same goes for Yo-Kai Watch.
Odyssey still looks amazing.

Back