Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Re: Nintendo Direct Thread

im so excited for another switch exclusive game, pokken tournament dx, to join the rankings of other switch exclusive games like Mario kart 8 dx

Nabber said:
im so excited for another switch exclusive game, pokken tournament dx, to join the rankings of other switch exclusive games like Mario kart 8 dx
Well since no one bought a Wii U and it had a ton of good games, they're bringing in updated versions to appeal to a larger install base.

if people wanted these games so badly, why didn't they just get a wii u

GalacticPetey said:
Well since no one bought a Wii U and it had a ton of good games, they're bringing in updated versions to appeal to a larger install base.
If the GameCube had the same problem, then why was The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker the only game to get ported from that console?

Nabber said:
GalacticPetey said:
a larger install base.
HPkVK9n.png

22Johja.png

TM2t79s.png

SWu0h2a.png
I guarantee the Switch will soon overtake the Wii U. The Wii U could only muster that in four and half years. The Switch already has a ton of sales in only three months. The Wii U was also kinda bad.

ok, but i ask again: why are all the switch games just ports/updates of wii u games

mostly because they're easier and cheaper to make.

Magolor said:
Nabber said:
GalacticPetey said:
a larger install base.
Legitimately can't tell if this post is serious or not.

Please tell me it's not.
the switch is a nice device but you're not exactly going to get a larger install base just by porting the same games from the last system

Well, yeah, that's pretty obvious.

I was more questioning why you were comparing the install base of Wii U which is 4+ years old vs. the install base of Switch is ~3 months old.

because gp's argument was that nintendo was porting wii u games to the switch because the switch has a larger install base, which doesn't make any sense

ok but in order to do that you need actually original games

if people didn't come out in droves for pokken tournament what makes you think they're going to do that for pokken tournament dx

it has scizor

Gold/Silver port is alright and I probably will be getting it but the rest is just meh. Pokken is not in my interests atm and it's just TOO SOON for Ultrasun/moon. Like it's so soon I can't get hyped for it despite the sequel games consistently being the best and definitive games in each generation.

If Pokken Tournament dx was their only holiday game, you'd have a point, but considering it isn't it just seems like you're whining just for the sake of whining.

Nabber said:
ok but in order to do that you need actually original games

if people didn't come out in droves for pokken tournament what makes you think they're going to do that for pokken tournament dx
Because you're giving yourself more games. Like if somebody didn't get the Wii u but wanted pokken tournament they can now get it if they have a switch. Like do you genuinely not get business strategy are you really this dense?

The Switch is obviously on its way to succeed. It had hype and is what people are wanting. It's in high demand.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/907242393090617344

Nintendo Direct happening this week! Will mostly cover 3DS and Switch releases for this year, especially Odyssey!

Besides more Mario Odyssey info, I'm going to expect to reveal more info about the untitled Kirby 3DS multiplayer action title.

If there will be new amiibo announcements... then r.i.p. amiibo collectors' wallets.

Back