A Mario animated movie by Sony Pictures!?!

Re: Sony Pictures had the rights to make a Mario animated movie

there could be a story that started out how the mario bros rescued the princess and all

how they got to be heroes and well known ones at that

sure the platformer series doesnt have much of a story but that doesnt mean a writer couldnt make one out of all the information of the series

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
OK so have no story and be about platforming only? That sounds like a flop if you ask me.

You don't get it. You just don't get it.

Mcmadness said:
MnSG said:
It's not so much characters like Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser that I'm concerned about. It's more the secondaries, such as the Toads, the Koopa Troop, and even Yoshi.

I'm actually concerned about Mario. They cannot possibly have him be his usual boring self if this comes to be.

He may be boring but he kicks Bowsers ass XD

Anyway I'm not sure about an animated Mario movie, let's see if it actually happens.

Baby Luigi said:
Snawfulthemerry25 said:
OK so have no story and be about platforming only? That sounds like a flop if you ask me.

you CAN make stories on mario games as long as you have a competent director who understands the source material
he knows that

hes just trying to say stuff to justify not making a movie about the super mario games

No I'm wondering why everyone is so against making a movie based on the games that actually have decent stories.

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
No I'm wondering why everyone is so against making a movie based on the games that actually have decent stories.

Because if you want to start off a movie about a game series, you should probably start off with a main series game, not a spin-off series.

Unless the main series has no story, plus technically this isn't the first Mario movie anyway

Mario Galaxy or Sunshine could work as a movie, but even then they'd have to add quite a bit of filler stuff which would ultimately ruin the charm the games had imo. With one of the RPGs they wouldn't have to add as much filler and it would be almost as good as the game.

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
Mario Galaxy or Sunshine could work as a movie, but even then they'd have to add quite a bit of filler stuff which would ultimately ruin the charm the games had imo. With one of the RPGs they wouldn't have to add as much filler and it would be almost as good as the game.

let me ask you a question

have you ever watched the super mario bros. anime?

In my opinion, I think the Great Mission to save Peach is one way to do a Mario movie without a conspicuous amount of filler into it.

Scrap the ---- ending though.

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
Unless the main series has no story

Which means nothing. It provides a perfectly valid set up for a movie to base its characters around.

Like what the fuck are you expecting? Do you think that if it actually bases itself off the primary series that it won't have any actual plot at all? Because thats really idiotic.

Baby Luigi said:
In my opinion, I think the Great Mission to save Peach is one way to do a Mario movie without a conspicuous amount of filler into it.

Scrap the ---- ending though.
That ending, didn't that involve Peach marrying some random prince guy? Poor Mario, lol

Mcmadness said:
Snawfulthemerry25 said:
Unless the main series has no story

Which means nothing. It provides a perfectly valid set up for a movie to base its characters around.

Like what the fuck are you expecting? Do you think that if it actually bases itself off the primary series that it won't have any actual plot at all? Because thats really idiotic.
I simply think that if they want it to have a good plot then they should base it off a plot that's already good.

id rather have a shit story thats built upon that everyone will see than a decent story thats the same as the game and hardly anyone will see

implying no one will see it if it's based on an rpg

If anything it will give the RPGs some well-deserved publicity.

Or they could use the base scenario and create their own unique take on it that feels familiar but fresh. There is a reason I brought up the super mario adventures comic.

Snawfulthemerry25 said:

And thats what it all comes down to. Just more of your fucking whining about your god damn rpgs.

Snawfulthemerry25 said:

or it will have limited release and become a box office bomb

>mario movie
>limited release

pick one

im referring to ftg's hypothetical rpg movie

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
It'd still be Mario...

But not the Mario it should be.

This just in: It's not proper Mario unless it's rescuing Peach from Bowser. Screw variety.

i take it back partially

a mario rpg movie would be fine

however it should be released only after a movie series is established

make the first movie based on the main series

then the second can be paper mario or mario and luigi

you would want to ease into the series at first with a story most are familiar with

That would be fine. I just hope they don't start shelling out multiple versions of the same movie.

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
This just in: It's not proper Mario unless it's rescuing Peach from Bowser. Screw variety.

This just in, its a major aspect of the franchise no matter how much you try to trivialize it.

Besides. Who said it had to be kidnapping? The main conflict just needs to revolve around the bros peach and Bowser.

Snawfulthemerry25 said:

I see you're continuously distorting our arguments and turning them into strawmen for the past few posts.

We're not asking for "variety". We're asking for something that would stay as close to the main series as possible and if Peach getting kidnapped is an establishing point, it should be for a movie.

Back