Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

DmcgkR1X0Act0Jv.jpg

What could I have possibly done to deserve the sight of this abomination

Swap a texture file without making sure all the texture IDs are the same apparently.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
DmcgkR1X0Act0Jv.jpg

What could I have possibly done to deserve the sight of this abomination

Swap a texture file without making sure all the texture IDs are the same apparently.
Finally: a creature made entirely out of spare Luigi parts.

Give me the animated GIF or give me death

First, collapsing into boneless flesh, now this.

:luigi:

Why does he have a tail?

They're actually floating Kinder eggs he keeps behind him so he can toss them at his foes.

ss_6.jpg

I know it's been like this for years in smash but something about seeing his face in the shell never looked right to me.

It looks like... did he just let his head slide down into between his shoulders?

Something like that I guess, this is why I prefer when shelled things would always just, retreat into a black void whenever they were in their shells.

Smash 4 simply made it so that his eyes were visible in the void.
Not sure why Ultimate went back to the earlier games' depiction.

Mcmadness said:
I know it's been like this for years in smash but something about seeing his face in the shell never looked right to me.
Well, they're actually two separate models. Shows you that Bowser (and the Koopalings) has a really dumb design that shouldn't really let him do this in the first place.

It would make more sense if the shell actually looked like this

657px-MKDD_Bowser%27s_Shell.png

ThatGuy62 said:
Not sure why Ultimate went back to the earlier games' depiction.
the developers don't give a Goombrat's ass how Bowser looks in those games

I honestly think Smash's depiction in general is a more "realistic" interpretation. At least he kinda tucks in his arms and whatnot rather than leaving holes as the above image shows.

Princess Mario said:
I'm talking specifically about that move though. They changed it in Smash 4 and changed it back in Ultimate. Just kinda seems a bit odd.

ThatGuy62 said:
I honestly think Smash's depiction in general is a more "realistic" interpretation. At least he kinda tucks in his arms and whatnot rather than leaving holes as the above image shows.

Princess Mario said:
I'm talking specifically about that move though. They changed it in Smash 4 and changed it back in Ultimate. Just kinda seems a bit odd.

Well, the whole game is a call-back to previous Smash games, so maybe they went with the version most prevalent?

Or they just like it like that.

Early Smash aesthetics were pretty rough (though 64 specifically seemed to be going for a comic book feel).
Part of me wonders how Mewtwo, Bowser and Marth would have looked had they made it (since they were planned).

Smash Bros. had some really humble beginnings, stemming from a low budget game that was intended to be a Japan-only release and wasn't even a Nintendo crossover until later.

The sprite work in that game is charmingly laughable.

Charizardssb.PNG
Snorlaxssb.PNG

SSBMarioIcon.png

SSBIconLuigi.png

SSBDonkeyIcon.png

And I do agree that Fox looks really weird, but I think Link is weirder. Ness barely has a nose, and Link lacks one all together.

But either way, I don't see how one can't love the art of the game. It fits the inherently silly crossover nature the best in the series. IMO it's really a shame the series won't go that comic route. It might not be my favorite game in the series, but I still love it so much.

JapaneseSSB.jpg

RainbowDiamond-SMP said:
At first I thought the jumbotron was saying "No!" which I thought was an appropriate reaction.

Back