Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

The writers also dissed the Beatles and now Milli Vanilli is doing great and much better than the Beatles.

Camwoodstock said:
Yes. Milli Vanilli. In the DIC Cartoons.

And if you ever wanted to see the closest thing to a "cursed mario wiki" page... Milli Vanilli exists. I know, I know, that page does make sense with our coverage rulings, but it doesn't make it any less cursed we have a page on Milli Vanilli on the freaking Mario Wiki.

The modern equivalent of this is making Peach a...ugh...Beiliber (is that how you call a Justin Bieber fan?)

Video game cartoons in general were just really weird back in the day. There was probably SOME explanation for all of it depending on the case, but in hindsight it's all just so bizarre.

ThatGuy62 said:
There was probably SOME explanation for all of it depending on the case, but in hindsight it's all just so bizarre.
It's probably just cringy late 80's-90's cheese.

what do you guys think is worse, the Mario Party 4 shenanigans or the Donkey Kong Country cartoons?

Princess Mario said:
what do you guys think is worse, the Mario Party 4 shenanigans or the Donkey Kong Country cartoons?
Donkey Kong country by a country mile (pun intended)
Mario Party 4's intro is weird, but the models are competent enough.

Princess Mario said:

though it's often forgotten today, the motion capture rig used to animate the DKC cartoon was legitimately groundbreaking at the time.

Glowsquid said:
Princess Mario said:

though it's often forgotten today, the motion capture rig used to animate the DKC cartoon was legitimately groundbreaking at the time.

Yeah, for the first season. Then they apparently lost all their money and we got the horrendous seen above.

Goodness gravy, they look like someone with the inflate tool from Garry's Mod walked in and mess around with the body parts. I think that's what the hack did, just decreased the size of the bones of everything.

Can we just highlight how Wario looks?

recently learned this is how the level icons in the GBA port of DKC looks like

whatisthat.png

You want more hideous deformities, I'll give you more hideous deformities.

486B385C7D34C743CA083EC9F048340DB620974B

Princess Mario said:
You want more hideous deformities, I'll give you more hideous deformities.

486B385C7D34C743CA083EC9F048340DB620974B
I don't even know where to begin.
I can't believe Waluigi is Void Termina!

Princess Mario said:
You want more hideous deformities, I'll give you more hideous deformities

Oh trust me.

She is one to do it.

And by do it, I mean do it, with power...

Let's take a cute bird

DKJrNitpicker.png

DKJR_NitSmall.png
NitpickerMvsDK2.png

and let's make it as ugly and a huge disservice to vultures everywhere

Princess Mario said:
Let's take a cute bird

DKJrNitpicker.png

DKJR_NitSmall.png
NitpickerMvsDK2.png

and let's make it as ugly and a huge disservice to vultures everywhere
I think you just described the general DIC design process (with a few exceptions like Mario & Luigi).
It's usually either "ugly", or "like (what appears to be) the sprites".

Back