Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

1338985905_pic5.jpg

Welcome... to Mario (and Luigi) Cart!!!!

Luigi has tried to give himself the death stare so hard, his eyeballs are now staring within himself.

That Mach 8 is surprisingly well-detailed though. It's the paint (or lack of thereof really) that messes it up badly.

See, texture quality on your model is more important than sheer triangles people.

Textures and materials are two separate thing. Materials by default don't use an image for the texture (but they do support different flat colors); materials affect only how a model is rendered, doesn't actually have any texture; so you probably have to create a new material node and then provide a 2D image. Textures require UV unwrapping. Otherwise, it's just going to be garbled colors all over the thing. How I do it in Maya, I just create a material + texture, select faces, then right click and pick "assign material to selected" and boom, you too can give another eye to Daisy. Assuming the UVs are fine.

Maya is not free, though they give you access to a student version for free for several years, but I can help you if you have problems.

Certainly sounds like a UV problem yeah.

That doesn't look like a glitch. It looks like what happens when a camera goes through the model and the model doesn't cull aka render its inward face while still rendering exterior bits of it.

LGM and I love to do that all the freaking time lol.

Also it's how you find Daisy's third eye or Baby Mario's texture sheet on his legs.

Toadette in Double Dash has culling disabled so if you go through her, it looks all hollow in the inside.

I miss old Lara Croft.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Real fun thing to do, both with models and level geometry. In SM64DS, doing this in the mirror room reveals that the model for Yoshi's saddle has a cone-like point on the other side.
I learned about that cone thing from Boundary Break. They do that for crowns, too, and the houses in Animal Crossing.

GENESIS--Super%20Mario%204%20%20Space%20Odyssey_Mar11%2022_59_57.png

maxresdefault.jpg

These two screens come from some russian bootleg called "Mario 4: A Space Odyssey". They look dark and creepy on their own, but when translated, they're darker:

Image 1: Mario died, and with it the hope of saving the mushroom kingdom.

And I couldn't find a translation for the second one.

I don't know why, but most Russian bootlegs have game overs that involve blood or brutality. What is wrong with them? Also Piranha Plant, you murderer!

The second one just says "Continue?" "4 retries" and the options are "yes" and "no".

Ah yes, those gained infamy when VineSauce streamed them. I think that was the same stream that popularized that friggin' "Grand Dad" thing.

Which of course was an edit of "Fortran" from Dian Shi Ma Li, another bootleg. I used to draw Fortran a lot back in the 9th grade.

Back