Mario pictures

Origami King is almost a year old already.

EDA6048B-718E-48BB-A63B-9A6D273C4EA8.png

Would anyone know where to get the raw sprite sheets for the Super Nintendo World app (part of the Universal Japan app)? I found a Twitter thread with them, but I'd like to find an upload with transparent backgrounds. Tried checking Spriter's Resource and I wasn't able to find them on there. Lot of great images, so it'd be nice to get them in their highest quality.

thats a reflection???? what vertebrate is this reflectcive??????? anyway i woulda thought that was a moustache

j6rubvm6fi461.jpg

Okay this is my last meme I swear.

Screenshot 2021-07-06 194222.png

You probably don't need a high resolution to what mostly amounts to ambient occlusion. Polycount + texture resolution is what I'm interested in.

Diddy, of all people, getting a homerun must've shocked Wario this bad, huh.

stanley-the-talking-fish.jpg

frog-mario-and-stanley.jpg

The real reason Nintendo rejected Ian Flynn's Mario comic book pitch was they were worried he'd dig back up Stanley the Talking Fish from obscurity as he had so many hardly known Sonic characters for that comic.

Oh, sorry, this wasn't the headcanons thread? My bad.

SMRPG enemy/affiliation concept sketch!
EwIk8WrU8AACsWG

Source
Anyways, we have Smithy as a Buddha genie thing with a generic-looking Exor next to him and arrows pointing to:
(Unrecognizable) Cloaker & (recognizable) Domino -> Earth Link/Mad Adder
A mystery cloaked guy -> Magikoopa, Shy Guy, and Shaman
Mack -> Knife Guy & (unrecognizeable) Grate Guy
Bowyer -> Valentina -> Dodo
Yaridovich -> Johnny
Axem Rangers & Blade -> Bowser (with an axe!)
A VERY early Count Down (whose Japanese name, Mobius, makes more sense here)

Further down, we have the unaffiliated minor bosses known as "guardians" in development.
On the left, we see Booster and Croco.
On the right, we see King Calamari, Belome with Punchinello(?), a Sparky next to a crossed out Haunter thing, the cut cactus Sahon, some sort of sandworm, and an inflatable thing with a hat.

On the bottom, we see other bosses and their respective...minions at that stage I suppose.
Megasmilax -> Piranha Plant, Snapdragon, and Amanita. Basically, the flora.
A crossed-out two-headed bird -> A peacock, a wyvern, and Birdy (also might be pointing back up to Dodo, indicating Dodo was taking its original role). Anyways, birdish things.
Zombone -> Hobgoblin, Dry Bones, Greaper, The Big Boo, Mastadoom, and Reacher. The paranormal
Jinx (a nice guy in the finished product!) ->Crossed out cannon guy, Jester, Remo Con, and Octolot. Ummm....circus?
A crossed out strange linear shadow creature -> Shadow and Orb User(?). This line seems kind of abandoned.

Anyways, if anyone fluent in Japanese wants to correct me on anything, feel free!

Concept faces for Mario Strikers Charged.
cfc0de7eec6de53804a201654e3d398d.png

Don't you just love it when stars spawn right on your space and you have to loop around the board to get it?

dd879efaa2f9fd5c64859786738ddd9ef1b47bd7.jpg

This makes so much sense.

Back