Mario pictures

tumblr_pd8dkoL8Ym1xbj9pno1_1280.jpg

That isn't meant for the infobox of the wiki at all, lol. Only bind poses there (or the standard pose set in the model file at best, for some reason in Unity they don't always match).
I was just wondering if I could display more body features of Noshi while toying with Blender and came out with this "walking while looking right" pose. Of course in this state it's not meant to be displayed, but the result was funny nonetheless...

Last edited:
The Nintendo's "picture book"-style recruitment book has also been translated.

(piecing together the whole book, with the book covers)
564px-Nintendo%27s_recruitment_book_cover.jpg
(Front cover)
Nintendo recruitment 1.jpeg
Nintendo recruitment 2.jpeg
Nintendo recruitment 3.jpeg
Nintendo recruitment 4.jpeg

Nintendo recruitment 5.jpeg
Nintendo recruitment 6.jpeg
Nintendo recruitment 7.jpeg
Nintendo recruitment 8.jpeg
Nintendo recruitment 9.jpeg
Nintendo recruitment A.jpeg
Nintendo recruitment B.jpeg
Nintendo recruitment C.jpeg

800px-MarioGroup2DArt2020.png
(Back cover)

Pretty cool that the pages are connected into a long tapestry.

Looking more at the recruitment book being a picture book, it is also an "accordion book". Wonder why the pages are all connected.
The other pages are what appears to be photos of the Nintendo staff working.
ESvalCoU0AACwdw.jpeg

Mister Wu found a way to add speculars to the Mario Kart tour Noshi model and made a bunch of poses we could use the as new infobox pic, and um

yeah it's best if you actually grabbed animation files and applied them to the model, mario kart tour likely has those lying around, as dr. mario world, you could

yeah it's best if you actually grabbed animation files and applied them to the model, mario kart tour likely has those lying around, as dr. mario world, you could
Well, you can export animations to FBX files (Mario Kart Tour runs in Unity), but with Noshi it's just one animation and let's just say that Blender's support of FBX animations is suboptimal

p2a1bkm.png

ZIb6MIt.png

eSjToRW.png

in any case, from the properly working frames you can see it's just the stomping animation that effectively is the only one played in the game, so manual posing is the only thing that can get us more than what that animation shows us - a few tips will be appreciated of course.

Keep in mind that ultimately that render wasn't meant for the wiki's infobox, it was just a joke I sent on Discord since there wasn't a consensus on the render to choose for the infobox between this (that also uses the model's default pose rather than the bind pose):
RVMZsSN.png

and this (that uses the bind pose):
xgmY8aD.png

The first was deemed funnier, the second one more useful as it showed the model better (and was indeed used for the infobox).

Last edited:
I'd say that the one currently used is a good one, because model silhouette is an important thing to consider when displaying a model, in which it does, compared to the one where it's facing you.

I own 3DS Max and Maya, so it probably has better FBX support than Blender does so it'll display the animation properly, since I used it for Dr. Mario World models and I had no troubles getting most animations to show up properly. I strongly advise against manual posing for wiki purposes, this requires you get bones and rigs in properly (bones need to be in a proper pivot location while vertices need to be weighed properly for joints to bend appropriately), otherwise, you're going to get a model that would be in the leeway of fan-made, and this is especially true of some animated models since some animations may make use of a thing called IK rigs, which assist in walking, running, etc. and more things that just bones and vertex animation is capable of. Oh and some poses also use helper bones as well, which untwist animations. Oh, and there's morphs as well, which use vertex animations for a variety of reasons, one may be for facial expressions (Baby Luigi's Dr. Mario World model does this for his face!). Making fan-made poses creates a lot of assumptions that you may not know about the original model, that's my point, so it's better off keeping things in bind pose if you can't get their animations.

you need to demand your time back equal to the temporary void he created

Smash Daisy's model still looks like they just cut off Daisy's head and frankensteined it onto Peach's body.

You sure that's just not how Daisy usually rolls?

Back